PDA

View Full Version : Leveling times.

macgyver
09-04-2016, 05:39 PM
Real quick, since the answer(s) I found weren't quite 100% If you were playing without Lumnis but with normal EXP drain how many hours would it take to level -continuously hunting/running to supernode. I've extrapolated around 24 hours per level, that about right? How much faster would it be with Lumnis?

MrMortimur
09-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Well it takes more exp to get each subsequent level. Without lumnis it's probably safe to say that a minimum of 2k exp/hour. This could and would grow if you were focused and found ways to knock out bounties efficiently.

I can usually knock out 30k in the 6 hours of lumnis on any of my characters. I don't use enhancives but I do have a gem stockpile. You could push that number higher if you invested in logic enhancives.

Tgo01
09-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Without lumnis it's probably safe to say that a minimum of 2k exp/hour.

Yeah that's the base I always use too, assuming you're doing the whole fry then absorb on a node until clear then rinse and repeat.

macgyver
09-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Well it takes more exp to get each subsequent level. Without lumnis it's probably safe to say that a minimum of 2k exp/hour. This could and would grow if you were focused and found ways to knock out bounties efficiently.

I can usually knock out 30k in the 6 hours of lumnis on any of my characters. I don't use enhancives but I do have a gem stockpile. You could push that number higher if you invested in logic enhancives.

I've heard about these bounties-through the adventurer's guild as being a if not the cornerstone of efficient leveling, is this because any XP gained from doing bounties gets directly injected into your exp pool and not 'lost' like if you kill another critter while fried?

Gelston
09-04-2016, 07:57 PM
I've heard about these bounties-through the adventurer's guild as being a if not the cornerstone of efficient leveling, is this because any XP gained from doing bounties gets directly injected into your exp pool and not 'lost' like if you kill another critter while fried?

It saturates you too.

Jeril
09-05-2016, 04:20 AM
Bounties is definitely the way to go. As they have said without them you are looking at around 2k exp per hour. Running bounties efficiently I could get around 3k an hour if I was dedicated and I know others who got more. Being a giantman with a -5 LOG bonus hurt and I have yet to bother with logic enhancives. Being low level you probably won't be too efficient at them but I could still get at least 2.3k per hour from doing them slowly.

macgyver
09-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Just calculated all this out using roughly 7.5 mil EXP as cap, and let's just say I don't play all that much; 10~15 hours a week. If all I do is hunt and level; I'm looking at 15hr x 2500XP(roughly)/hr = 37500 XP a week. 7,500,000XP / 37,500XP/wk = 200 weeks. Yikes! A little over 4 years. Could in theory get another degree in that time or write a book.

Back when I was playing when you titled you were entering 'end-game' guess things have changed. 4 years seems OK for a long term project, but I can see why character selling is so prevalent now. I definitely want to get a taste for at least 5 of the classes in the game and it seems playing one 'organically grown' character and buying the rest is probably the only option. You know, if I want to get around to it all before I die!

Gelston
09-05-2016, 10:11 AM
Just calculated all this out using roughly 7.5 mil EXP as cap, and let's just say I don't play all that much; 10~15 hours a week. If all I do is hunt and level; I'm looking at 15hr x 2500XP(roughly)/hr = 37500 XP a week. 7,500,000XP / 37,500XP/wk = 200 weeks. Yikes! A little over 4 years. Could in theory get another degree in that time or write a book.

Back when I was playing when you titled you were entering 'end-game' guess things have changed. 4 years seems OK for a long term project, but I can see why character selling is so prevalent now. I definitely want to get a taste for at least 5 of the classes in the game and it seems playing one 'organically grown' character and buying the rest is probably the only option. You know, if I want to get around to it all before I die!

There have been people who have done it in like 8 months. It isn't a fast process though. Just don't worry about your level.

Astru
09-05-2016, 10:21 AM

Don't forget about lumnis for the first six hours of play each week.

I would also say that you can get a pretty good idea about a class well before reaching cap. If you focus more on the journey and having fun, then it's more enjoyable than grinding your way through levels until you hit cap.

macgyver
09-05-2016, 10:25 AM
There have been people who have done it in like 8 months. It isn't a fast process though. Just don't worry about your level.

Yep, spot on. This is really a 'enjoy the ride' kind of thing, which is fine for someone who's in his senior moments. On the reverse side, I really don't see the game appealing to young kids today which is kinda sad but still kinda neat. It means video games have been in the public arena long enough that when I explain to some teenager about a text based game where it took 4 years to finish and cost 40 dollars a month to play it would be tantamount to someone from the early 20th century explaining to us how he had to hand crank his auto-carriage and spend 20 years worth of pay to buy it.

Gelston
09-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Yep, spot on. This is really a 'enjoy the ride' kind of thing, which is fine for someone who's in his senior moments. On the reverse side, I really don't see the game appealing to young kids today which is kinda sad but still kinda neat. It means video games have been in the public arena long enough that when I explain to some teenager about a text based game where it took 4 years to finish and cost 40 dollars a month to play it would be tantamount to someone from the early 20th century explaining to us how he had to hand crank his auto-carriage and spend 20 years worth of pay to buy it.

One thing that is a sorta nice change, you kinda get into the "meat" of your profession faster than you did in GS3. You fill like a wizard or a sorcerer a lot sooner, rather than just some weak warrior.

Clunk
09-05-2016, 12:49 PM

<mumble>

Now I feel like an antique.