PDA

View Full Version : Do you Pirate?

09-08-2003, 08:27 PM
The RIAA has been trying (and failing) to "crack down" on internet piracy. Do you download any copyrighted material for free online? MP3s, Games, Software, anything?

Artha
09-08-2003, 08:31 PM
http://morpho.dar.net/~northrup/images/riaa.jpg

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
I haven't bought a CD/Movie/game/software in a long time. I do buy certain things, like a decent albums and DVD with special features, but rarely for the sake of buying them (like I used to). I feel good in the knowledge that its me now fucking over the people who fucked me over for so long in regards to prices and stuff.

09-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Have you been able to find "Vedi! Le fosche notturne spoglie"? I can't find it anywhere.

I have all of the songs Metallica ever played on my CPU, just so if I ever meet them in person I can tell them and watch the veins in their foreheads explode.

But yeah... real music. I've been looking for "Vedi! Le fosche notturne spoglie" for ages. It's the single greatest forging song of all time, and I just can't track down the mp3.

Back
09-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Ahh, when Napster was in its heyday... even then, when I found an awesome track, I'd go purchase the artist's CD. Reason being two-fold. I wanted more of the artist, and wanted to support their endeavors.

I buy all my DvDs. The ones I like are usually smaller fiilmakers. Besides? What are they? $15-$20 if you don't fall for that "Special Double Disk Moulded Cover with Secret Toy" gimmicks.

Also, I can afford them. Get a job you unemployed, white skinned, bloodshot eyed, fat-ass cheapskates! Kidding aside, I think the whole RIAA thing is bogus and will never fly. They tried the same thing with audio tapes in the 70's.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Heh, speaking of Metallica, when I saw them a month back, they asked the crowd, "So who has St. Anger?". Of course I had it. On copy. As did nearly the entire crowd probably. As it sucks. Etc. Kthx.

09-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Heh, speaking of Metallica, when I saw them a month back, they asked the crowd, "So who has St. Anger?". Of course I had it. On copy. As did nearly the entire crowd probably. As it sucks. Etc. Kthx.

LoL!

Devil Ducky
09-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Ok, so I do, on occasion dl music, CD's are over priced and you get a cd with 3 songs you like ...and the rest suck..
if they don't like it they can bite my tail feathers...
:saint:

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:47 PM
PS, they fucking rocked.

09-08-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
PS, they fucking rocked.

Dude! You're almost a Knight!

44 more posts and you'll join the ranks of Maimara and Sir Elton John!

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:52 PM
Yes; I know :D I need a scandal I can dig my teeth into right now (much like the Tayre is a tool topic).

DCSL
09-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Devil Ducky
Ok, so I do, on occasion dl music, CD's are over priced and you get a cd with 3 songs you like ...and the rest suck..

Devil Ducky rules. I know all the theme songs and I have all the Devil Ducky colors, even the minis. They all ride my car dashboard and occasionally have mad Ducky love.

To be on topic... I download like a mofo. It's not that I'm cheap, it's that I'm a student, and even though I have a job, I have to watch what I spend money on. I'd rather go to the arcade for a month than buy one overpriced CD. If I can find a way to get something free, I will.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by DCSL
[

To be on topic... I download like a mofo. It's not that I'm cheap, it's that I'm a student, and even though I have a job, I have to watch what I spend money on. I'd rather go to the arcade for a month than buy one overpriced CD. If I can find a way to get something free, I will.

Dude, my reasonage exactly.

09-08-2003, 09:01 PM

Originally posted by Devil Ducky

Devil Ducky rules. I know all the theme songs and I have all the Devil Ducky colors, even the minis. They all ride my car dashboard and occasionally have mad Ducky love.

Hell yeah.

HarmNone
09-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Nope. Have not. Do not. Will not.

HarmNone

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 09:14 PM
You're untouchable HN :)

09-08-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Nope. Have not. Do not. Will not.

HarmNone

Hmmm, what kinda music do you listen to, HarmNone?

I've found that if I actually purchased all the CDs with songs I wanted, I'd be paying $300+ a month.

Just not worth it for me.

Ylena
09-08-2003, 09:21 PM
Klaive, try here...

http://digilander.libero.it/sidony/Azucena%202001/vedi%20le%20fosche%20notturne%20spoglie.htm

It's not complete, but it's something.

Ylena
09-08-2003, 09:23 PM
Actually, I just downloaded the whole thing using Limewire.. what's your e-mail?

HarmNone
09-08-2003, 09:24 PM
I have ecclectic tastes. I will enjoy anything from heavy metal to classical. It depends on my mood, I suppose. I do not mind paying for that which I enjoy, and feel that the artists who create that enjoyment are entitled to receive payment for their work, as are the intermediary companies that bring that music to me.

It is a matter of personal choice.

HarmNone

Devil Ducky
09-08-2003, 09:25 PM

groovy! devil duck addicts unite! I have one that's traveled all over the us and europe, I stole it from a friend and email him the pictures.
~~bops Klaive on the head with her devil duck~~

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey, they get a % of my ticket money. The downloaded music is just advertising ;)

peam
09-08-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm an MP3 monster. The RIAA is a joke. When CD prices drop to below ten dollars, I'll start buying them. This only applies for semi-large artists, though. Most of the time, I'll buy a lesser known band's record, just because they do a lot of independant work and are actually relying on the money from their sales.

I don't download movies because the quality is usually crappy, and I don't download games because I respect the industry.

09-08-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Ylena
Actually, I just downloaded the whole thing using Limewire.. what's your e-mail?

Yay! CarelessWolf@aol.com! Thanks!

DCSL
09-08-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by peam
I'm an MP3 monster. The RIAA is a joke. When CD prices drop to below ten dollars, I'll start buying them. This only applies for semi-large artists, though. Most of the time, I'll buy a lesser known band's record, just because they do a lot of independant work and are actually relying on the money from their sales.

I don't download movies because the quality is usually crappy, and I don't download games because I respect the industry.

Ditto on pretty much all of that. Lesser known artists will get my money... of course, their CDs usually cost alot less too. Last time I bought a CD, it was a Dynamite Boy CD and it cost $8.99. Yay.

09-08-2003, 11:27 PM
I don't really listen to any non-mainstream bands.

I buy all Slipknot's CDs.

Same with Disturbed.

Basically, if I respect the views and opinions expressed by the band, I'll buy their music.

The rest are mine for free.