PDA

View Full Version : Morphs and people with way too many levels.

Artha
09-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Anyone think the people (*cough*Sraven*cough*) who could whipe out an entire town if they wanted to should stay away from the morphs? They're bad enough alone, I don't need your 160+ level ass swinging at me.

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by Artha]

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 06:42 PM
The higher level idiots (most ebay sold) seem to think its funny.

theotherjohn
09-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Anyone think the people (*cough*Sraven*cough*) who could whipe out an entire town if they wanted to should stay away from the morphs? They're bad enough alone, I don't need your 160+ level ass swinging at me.

no you should quit posting here and play more so your character is not so weak.

Artha
09-08-2003, 06:45 PM
I'm playing right now, jerk off. I post after hunting.

Scott
09-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Why? They have fun hunting morphs. I don't see the problem with them getting involved in something that is enjoyable to them. Morphs are a blast, and just because they are old and one of the few that can kill their own morphs, doesn't mean they should have to stay away just because you can't kill them.

Artha
09-08-2003, 07:00 PM
It's not because I can't kill them. And if they're out in the wild, no problems there. When they're one west of TC, that's a problem.

Drew2
09-08-2003, 07:24 PM
I think morphs are the best idea for an invasion yet. They vary enough to where anyone from title to rift can take care of some, and feel like they're helping out and such. I for one can take care of most until they start getting out of hand or pick up forms like Satrn or Skyfawn or whatever. Then I'm like uh.. see ya.

But yeah... this is one of the first invasion-type creatures where nobody complains that they can't help. It's kinda nice.

Skyfawn
09-08-2003, 07:25 PM
ok, I for one do not go around where morps are. Why? I am 211 trains, I get killed by my own morphs, why should I subject anyone to a morph that can kill me?
I won't, I respect people to much to do that to anyone, by accident I had one morph into me, I was getting my grandaughter and in walked a morph, turned into me, killed me, I could not kill it and believe me I tried several ways to kill it.

Sky

GS4Gurl
09-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

no you should quit posting here and play more so your character is not so weak.

pwn'd

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by GS4Gurl]

Skirmisher
09-08-2003, 07:27 PM
pwn'd

Or not.:rolleyes:

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by Skirmisher]

Artha
09-08-2003, 07:27 PM
ok, I for one do not go around where morps are. Why? I am 211 trains, I get killed by my own morphs, why should I subject anyone to a morph that can kill me?
I won't, I respect people to much to do that to anyone, by accident I had one morph into me, I was getting my grandaughter and in walked a morph, turned into me, killed me, I could not kill it and believe me I tried several ways to kill it.

Sky

It's appreciated, believe me.

pwn'd

STFU. Unlike some of you neanderthals, I'm able to have two windows open at once.

HarmNone
09-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun to me. If you see the Drizzdt (or however he spelled it) coming at you, just faint...or run like hell, whichever suits your character.

Personally, if I killed me I think I would be laughing so hard on this side of the monitor it would be worth it!

HarmNone of warped sense of humor

theotherjohn
09-08-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Skyfawn

Sky

Do you think the new owner (if one bids) will have the same problem?

If you relist this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3044531615&category=45 96 again

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by theotherjohn]

Artha
09-08-2003, 07:32 PM
I think Drizzsdt doesn't get involved in quests anymore, for reasons like this.

HarmNone
09-08-2003, 07:34 PM

From the sounds of it, he would have to hide under the bed in his house to avoid these things. :D

HarmNone is intrigued

Skyfawn
09-08-2003, 07:50 PM
What you mean new owner?
I not selling my character to anyone, I am the only owner of Skyfawn Bearlove, there is no way I would ever sell her.

GemstoneFan
09-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Um, that's not Skyfawn for sale. Skyfawn isn't a dark elf, and her husband has not left the lands.

Artha
09-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Speaking of sales...Malok's going for 610 dollars atm. What's funny is that they decided to X out his name.

Skirmisher
09-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone

From the sounds of it, he would have to hide under the bed in his house to avoid these things. :D

HarmNone is intrigued

He could try, but I doubt his ego would be able to fit.

I am not one to go by popular opinion on well known characters, but my own interactions with Mr Driz went quite poorly with him deciding to impose his will upon my char simply because he could. My char tends to be among those much older simply because I level slowly so I have no problem with chars much older than mine, it was the player of Driz that I found sorely lacking.

Could he simply have been having off days on those when I encountered him? Sure, its possible, but after three times I kind of tend to form an opinion.

I agree that those among the small percentage of truly older characters do face certain quandries such as the morphs and other invasions. That being said, I also find that many of the truly older characters somehow manage to find a way not so be seen as total tools.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Skirmisher]

HarmNone
09-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Speaking of sales...Malok's going for 610 dollars atm. What's funny is that they decided to X out his name.

Ack! Poor Malok. To me, it is so sad to think of the character, Malok, as being inhabited by soul after soul, none his own.

HarmNone must stop getting so enmeshed in the fantasy

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone

Ack! Poor Malok. To me, it is so sad to think of the character, Malok, as being inhabited by soul after soul, none his own.

HarmNone must stop getting so enmeshed in the fantasy

You are wrong Artha. As Malok is around 280 trains, not 137 or whatever. Its most likely Malokii, who is up for sale. I'm not suprised either, after the GMs pissed all over his character.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:26 PM
[i]Originally posted by Skirmisher

He could try, but I doubt his ego would be able to fit.

I am not one to go by popular opinion on well known characters, but my own interactions with Mr Driz went quite poorly with him deciding to impose his will upon my char simply because he could. My char tends to be among those much older simply because I level slowly so I have no problem with chars much older than mine, it was the player of Driz that I found sorely lacking.

Could he simply have been having off days on those when I encountered him? Sure, its possible, but after three times I kind of tend to form an opinion.

I agree that those among the small percentage of truly older characters do face certain quandries such as the morphs and other invasions. That being said, I also find that many of the truly older characters somehow manage to find a way not so be seen as total tools.

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Skirmisher]

Yes, add me to the list who can't wait to see this pompous ass get a beating come GS4.

Scott
09-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Malokii is 160 trains.

EDIT: At least I think he is....

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Gemstone101]

Artha
09-08-2003, 08:28 PM
#1 Sorc Lvl 157 Gemstone III GS3 GSIII NO RES

Just checked though, and the name does fit Malokii. Heh, what a stupid name.

Scott
09-08-2003, 08:29 PM

#1 Sorc Lvl 157 Gemstone III GS3 GSIII NO RES

Just checked though, and the name does fit Malokii. Heh, what a stupid name.

It's Malok's brother. Malokii- Malok II.

Artha
09-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Malokii- Malok II.

I know. That's why I said it was a stupid name :)

DCSL
09-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
Do you think the new owner (if one bids) will have the same problem?

If you relist this auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3044531615&category=45 96 again

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by theotherjohn]

That's one of Violenttmoon's characters, I think.

Scott
09-08-2003, 08:34 PM
<<<That's one of Violenttmoon's characters, I think.>>>

It's Angellisa.

EDIT: Who doesn't belong to Violenttmoon

[Edited on 9-9-2003 by Gemstone101]

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I thought Malokii was 160 as well... Ah well.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

It's Angellisa.

No its not, as Angellisa is the oldest character in the game.

Scott
09-08-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Originally posted by Gemstone101

It's Angellisa.

No its not, as Angellisa is the oldest character in the game.

Yes it is. A 200+ dark elf empath is Angellisa.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Wierd. I was always told she was the most uber character (bar Malok). Ah well. People with money...

Methais
09-09-2003, 09:13 AM
<<The higher level idiots (most ebay sold) seem to think its funny.>>

I can see why they'd think it's funny though. How often do "you" get to kill tons of idiots without getting in trouble for it?

If only it were possible to have morphs invade the black net...or at least target specific people. Mwuahahahaha!

Methais
09-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Hmm. I wonder if Malokiii will show up next, be capped within a year and back up on ebay.

Tsa`ah
09-09-2003, 09:36 AM
Easiest way to take care of Driz when he gets mouthy is with a rapid fire embed and thorn.

I have always wanted to see Driz get mouthy in front of a dozen pole arm users with some repute. I think a handful of skilled pole users could trip him to death.

As per subject. I don't see why anyone should have to stay away from morphs if their intent is to hunt them. Accidents do happen. I was on my way to the rift from the Nations and had to stop in Trace to sell off all the crap I had picked up on the way and deposit. A morph surprised me and was able to get a thorn off while I was encumbered. Sucks I know, but I'm sick of the perception that higher level characters should "avoid" anywhere during events and invasions such as this. I normally stay away from invasions until I hear about the Uber beasts rolling in.

I will not suspend my rounds of Elanth because the rest of the population can't handle either of elder character's morphs. Deal like everyone else does.

StrayRogue
09-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
Easiest way to take care of Driz when he gets mouthy is with a rapid fire embed and thorn.

I have always wanted to see Driz get mouthy in front of a dozen pole arm users with some repute. I think a handful of skilled pole users could trip him to death.

As per subject. I don't see why anyone should have to stay away from morphs if their intent is to hunt them. Accidents do happen. I was on my way to the rift from the Nations and had to stop in Trace to sell off all the crap I had picked up on the way and deposit. A morph surprised me and was able to get a thorn off while I was encumbered. Sucks I know, but I'm sick of the perception that higher level characters should "avoid" anywhere during events and invasions such as this. I normally stay away from invasions until I hear about the Uber beasts rolling in.

I will not suspend my rounds of Elanth because the rest of the population can't handle either of elder character's morphs. Deal like everyone else does.

No, what pisses me off is the idiots who run up to the morphs, then lets it change into them, then lets the damn thing run around.

Edaarin
09-09-2003, 10:44 AM
Angellisa was in her 310s before the age changes rolled around. It ain't possible for it to be her.

StrayRogue
09-09-2003, 10:56 AM
No, no one managed to get over 300.

Artha
09-09-2003, 05:06 PM
300 was the soft age cap, because the experience formula broke at 300. So again, Angellisa wasn't at 310.

Edaarin
09-09-2003, 05:28 PM
No. I mean in her 310s, as in she looks to be in her 310s. So I'd assume around level 290

Artha
09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Oh, ok. That'd work, I guess.

AnticorRifling
09-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Malokii capped he's 160.

Scott
09-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Angellisa was in her 310s before the age changes rolled around. It ain't possible for it to be her.

The ebay thing says a 200+ dark elf empath. She's the only 200+ dark elf empath that I know of, I could be wrong...... I'm fairly confident that it's Angellisa since she's the only one.

GemstoneFan
09-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Are empaths pretty much the oldest ones in the lands as a whole? Is it because for the most part they just heal? Or is it something else?

Neildo
09-09-2003, 09:57 PM
Lockpickers are the oldest ones in the lands.

- N

Edaarin
09-09-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm 100% certain Angellisa is way older more than level 211. I remember telling my brother that I'd never heard of her before, and she was in her 300s when you looked at her. You never know with empaths since only like 10 of them are on the fame list.

Soulpieced
09-09-2003, 11:38 PM
Angellisa was 283 or somewhere in that range.

StrayRogue
09-10-2003, 07:20 AM
*nod* She is/was the oldest character in the game.

GarrsSoul
09-12-2003, 09:35 PM
alright, flame me for saying this if you like but...where can i find the fame lists and stuff?

StrayRogue
09-12-2003, 09:37 PM
...type fame.

GarrsSoul
09-12-2003, 09:38 PM
erm, well thats not quite what i meant

Artha
09-12-2003, 09:40 PM
fame [profession] [rank starting at]

For example: Fame sorcerer 1 would bring up the 25 most famous sorcerers, and fame sorcerer 999 would bring up the last sorcerer on the fame lists.

StrayRogue
Then what is what you meant?

GarrsSoul
ah, i didnt realize you could do that, thought it was just fame <name> and you could jus git one at a time