PDA

View Full Version : Training comments? Necromantic RP- at least trying.

radamanthys
12-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Enh, while I'm at it. Anyone wanna comment on my Training?

Radamanthys (at level 26), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 20 4
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 5 1
Physical Fitness...................| 102 24
Arcane Symbols.....................| 114 28
Magic Item Use.....................| 114 28
Spell Aiming.......................| 156 56
Harness Power......................| 142 42
Elemental Mana Control.............| 114 28
Spirit Mana Control................| 114 28
Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| 141 41
Perception.........................| 114 28
Climbing...........................| 40 8
Swimming...........................| 40 8

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 15

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 15+

Spell Lists
Sorcerer...........................| 26
Training Points: 19 Phy 0 Mnt (616 Phy converted to Mnt)
PsiNet has recorded your current skills.
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

The MOC is decent, it helps with things like fire spirit, which i use alot, and other such things.

I roleplay being a Dark Elven guy who's studies into the undeath alot. I dun really like lukkos, he's my competition. That said, I'm more about learning and power- I'm in voln to keep up with the latest in undeath. I hunt mainly undead. I study necomancy. Going for 50 trains in Lore by 30, as well as having 730 by then, if it EVER comes out....

Any tips/comments/harassment will be appreciated and open imploded.

radamanthys
12-02-2004, 12:06 PM
btw, With a fixskills on the way, i figured i'd petition for a bit of advice.

Plus, it's a good introduction ta y'all :-)

Xandalf
12-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Looks pretty good. Set up well for Animate Dead.

My only suggestion, being that you say you use fire spirit often, is pick up some ranks of Spirit Summoning. Makes a big difference with regard to 111.

Sean of the Thread
12-02-2004, 12:10 PM
What exactly does spirit summoning do for 111? How when you say some ranks how many do you mean?

radamanthys
12-02-2004, 12:30 PM
enh, i use it, but not THAT much. Maybe later on. I dun have the points if i'm gonna get good AD at 30. Spare is going to MOC which does the same thing for Fire Spirit as Spirit Summoning,

radamanthys
12-02-2004, 02:20 PM
It allows for more targets, i think, same as MoC. With the new changes, then, MoC is the more valuable training.

Xandalf
12-02-2004, 02:31 PM
MoC allows for the larger ball to strike more targets, as does Spirit Summoning.

However, Spirit Summoning increases both the targets AND the damage done by the ball effect. I know some sorcerers who've accumulated a great deal of Spirit Summoning ranks.. and the ball effect crits are very very impressive.

However, with the new system, I can't say that it is better than MoC. MoC is useful both with the fire spirit and with the new combat system.

Plus, only a few (up to 4 I believe) ranks of MoC have any effect on fire spirit. The more Spirit summoning ranks, the better.

radamanthys
12-02-2004, 02:51 PM
But if that's the only spell it helps, is it really worth all the training sacrifices that could go into other areas, like harness power or even other lores, that could have more widespread effect?

Czeska
12-02-2004, 04:29 PM
I have found that even 1 or 2 ranks of summoning helps with 111 a great deal.

Xandalf
12-02-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by radamanthys
But if that's the only spell it helps, is it really worth all the training sacrifices that could go into other areas, like harness power or even other lores, that could have more widespread effect?

Well, right now lores don't really help with much either. We can break it down

DEMON LORE:
Main use is for CoS retribution effect (and a very nice effect it is)
Slight increase in power for Torment (already incredible powerful without lore)
Helps with Minor Summoning (not overly useful, and you can summon them from a valence anyway)

NECRO LORE
Gaining health when using Blood Burst (helps at times)
Animate limbs using Disruption (fun to watch, but not overly useful)
Increased damage for Pain infliction (useful if you hunt things with lots of blood)
Helps with Disease damage (worthless except to kill folks in town)
Will be a major factor in Animate Dead.

So right now, each sorcerer lore really only helps with one useful spell (CoS and future value of Animate Dead). So yes, I feel that Spirit Summoning is very worth the cost if you use fire spirit even marginally often.

radamanthys
12-02-2004, 05:28 PM
hmm, since I roleplay a necromantic sorcerer, i'm definately into that lore. The blood burst part has saved my ass a bunch of times. The animating of the limbs is freaking awesome, and i love it. Never use pain or disease, except when killing candor. We'll see how it goes with AD and what kinda spell it is. I may abandon the whole thing if it's not good for RP at all. We'll see.

How much spirit lore should i throw in there, do you think? Should I get rid of that MoC? I'm not arguing against Spirit lore, i just dont know much about it- it's not THAT expensive, anyway.

Xandalf
12-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by radamanthys
hmm, since I roleplay a necromantic sorcerer, i'm definately into that lore. The blood burst part has saved my ass a bunch of times. The animating of the limbs is freaking awesome, and i love it. Never use pain or disease, except when killing candor. We'll see how it goes with AD and what kinda spell it is. I may abandon the whole thing if it's not good for RP at all. We'll see.

How much spirit lore should i throw in there, do you think? Should I get rid of that MoC? I'm not arguing against Spirit lore, i just dont know much about it- it's not THAT expensive, anyway.

I was never insinuating that you should abandon Necro lore. Xandalf has a bit himself. I was just trying to express that Spirit Lore, while only being useful one spell, should not be underestimated.

I'd hang onto the MoC, at least for now. Maybe even throw another rank or two there if you plan to use it. As for how many spirit summoning ranks to get, thats up to you. If you use fire spirit reguarly, you will notice a significant increase in the spell's effectivness.