PDA

View Full Version : GSIV New Announcement.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 05:40 PM
The rest I don't care about, its this comment that worries me most:

"First, we have made significant adjustments to the Rogue profession. It's clear at this time that in many ways Rogues have been the Masters-Of-All-Trades. As a result, their skill costs have been increased in order to balance them more appropriately to other classes. The result of this is that the Rogues in many of our test cases (particularly Rogues that were very HEAVILY oriented towards magic) were unable to meet all of their ratios."

So are rogue skill costs being upped again? Or is this just the reasoning why my magic rogue is getting bum-raped?

Vesi
09-08-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

"First, we have made significant adjustments to the Rogue profession. It's clear at this time that in many ways Rogues have been the Masters-Of-All-Trades. As a result, their skill costs have been increased in order to balance them more appropriately to other classes. The result of this is that the Rogues in many of our test cases (particularly Rogues that were very HEAVILY oriented towards magic) were unable to meet all of their ratios."

So are rogue skill costs being upped again? Or is this just the reasoning why my magic rogue is getting bum-raped?

Say it ain't so! My rogue is a jack of all trades. But she sacrificed some of her picking skills to be that way. She doesn't know magic either. Why don't they just say if you're a rogue you can only train in this. If you're a ranger you can only train in this. Rinse. Repeat.

Vesi the Disgusted

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 05:46 PM
There is still no official response. Wtf is going on?

Artha
09-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Gah, what crap. Personally, my rogue's a warrior who can ambush, because I don't have the patience to learn to pick. I'm hoping that it's only the magic rogue getting prison-raped, rather than the picking rogue, hunting rogue, or whatever other type of rogue there is.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Thankgod, Melissa just sent me this mail:

"They're the same as the ones that are announced. They're not being increased beyond what has been announced for a while."

So Stay remains Uber. Thank the heavens.

Weedmage Princess
09-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Yeah I read that and was worried too. My exact comment was "Well, I guess we're being warned in advance to bend over and brace ourselves."

But..apparently nothing's supposed to be happening....YET.

I'll believe it when 4 goes live, though.

DCSL
09-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

You said bum like a proper Brit! That makes me happy.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 06:06 PM
STFU Jerk off. That better? :P

Taernath
09-08-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue"First, we have made significant adjustments to the Rogue profession. It's clear at this time that in many ways Rogues have been the Masters-Of-All-Trades. As a result, their skill costs have been increased in order to balance them more appropriately to other classes. The result of this is that the Rogues in many of our test cases (particularly Rogues that were very HEAVILY oriented towards magic) were unable to meet all of their ratios."

Yeah, rangers got a bit of that too. I guess rangers are too uber right now.