Mini-Spir
12-01-2004, 05:41 AM
If they were fired would you be happy?

Tsa`ah
12-01-2004, 07:03 AM
Why is this a complaint?

Nieninque
12-01-2004, 07:05 AM
I like your style of posting Spir...reminds me of someone I once knew...

Tsa`ah
12-01-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Nieninque
I like your style of posting Spir...reminds me of someone I once knew...

You don't say.

Keller
12-01-2004, 10:46 AM
as long as he doesn't act an ass -- let him pull the wool over our eyes. I'm not saying he is you-know-who, but let's just not drag out all the old shit and bury him before he has a chance to be a decent human being. Everyone has a learning curve, maybe he finally rounded a corner.

Tsa`ah
12-01-2004, 10:57 AM
If he's not he's not, if he is ... he's banned and doesn't get another chance until the time is served.

SpunGirl
12-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Which just mounts every time he tries to circumvent his ban, yes?

-K

Shari
12-01-2004, 11:02 AM
TO GET BACK ON TOPIC...

Ahem. I don't care either way. I've never interacted with either of them, nor do hope to do so. The thing is, there are so many other things I could bitch about regardin GS that it isn't worth the effort to centralize it on these two people.

That being said. I am going over to Best Buy today and picking myself up a copy of WoW as an early Christmas present in hopes that it will wow and exite me the way GS used to.

Chadj
12-01-2004, 11:29 AM
Jesae, you HAVE to have more humor in your life. You need to get a new sig. :(

Latrinsorm
12-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Warden reminds me of Trevor Rage from MO. I don't remember anything Brauden's done.

edit: A PB version of Trevor Rage, if you will.

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Latrinsorm]

Trinitis
12-01-2004, 01:27 PM
I think we are lucky to have any GM's at all. As Iqxero and I talked about last night, most (see..most) MMORPG's have little to no interaction with GM's.

12-01-2004, 02:31 PM
I'd trade the interaction away for shit getting put out in a timely pace.

- Arkans

Czeska
12-01-2004, 02:50 PM
I've met them both, via Simucon, and Wardon was much more down to earth than Brauden. Brauden, to us at dinner, seemed self absorbed and superficial. Warden actually carried on some what of a conversation.

Snapp
12-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
Brauden, to us at dinner, seemed self absorbed and superficial.

So his people skills OOG are about as good as they are IG.

DeV
12-01-2004, 03:57 PM
I've never interacted with either of them so I'm not sure it would change the way I look at the game either way if they were gone.

Galleazzo
12-02-2004, 01:35 AM
Simucon next year oughta have a pay event where you pay $5 to jam a broomhandle up either Warden's or Brauden's asscracks and jump up and down on it. Bet they get all the jack they need for HJ.

:beer:

CrystalTears
12-02-2004, 02:25 AM
I've never met Brauden but I met Warden. He was pretty cool, and I didn't realize who it was until someone else told me. He's actually easy to talk to.

Brauden... well... he just seems like someone who would be just as much of a jerk OOG as he is as a GM.

TheRoseLady
12-02-2004, 07:23 AM
I've known Warden for years, and believe it or not he is an excellent roleplayer and a really nice guy. The thing about him is that he isn't resistent to tweak a change based on the feedback of players. I know that in the overall scheme of things, this game is better (by leaps and bounds) than what it used to be...I just wish that clerics were in a better position.

Ilvane
12-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Brauden was a sweetheart in real life. He's quiet, but he isn't a jerk in the slightest. I've actually met him at a few simucons. Maybe because he's quiet you saw him as being a jerk, but I have sat and talked to him, and he has always been really great.

Warden is nice too, I've met him at Simucon and one of the NE gathers around here too.

-A

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Ilvane]

Galleazzo
12-03-2004, 01:35 AM
Yeah, kewl, they're good RPers and nice guys and it's cool to have a beer with them. Rawk on.

All I know's what they do in this job, and I got no much use for their attitude there. Warden knows his shit and he can move when he wants, but he still got a stick up his ass a mile wide.

Avei
12-03-2004, 08:10 AM
I hate Brauden - Whenever I get him as a GM for a referal.. I know I'm fucked in the ass. He definately doesn't give a shit about players - so it seems. No matter the circumstances, he'll dismiss your case. So I've experienced.

Though, the first time I encountered him, he was okay. My character was hacked and deleted by a jealous ex in gemstone.. So I got a referal and although he refused to get my character back or give me the items.. He did give me the 3 million that was sitting in my bank account.

Other than that time, he's a prick and a moron.

Ilvane
12-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Ah, I see..he gives you your silver back, which he didn't have to do--and he's the jerk?

Oooohkay.

-A

Tsa`ah
12-03-2004, 10:01 AM
I think the problem is not with Brauden nor with Warden, the problem is that these two stick to the rules very strictly while other GMs do not. That's not saying other GMs do not adhere to guidelines, they just do so in a loose fashion.

This is where the perception/reality of inconsistency in enforcement comes in.

My rogue did not know that praying at the altar would remove you from COL. I thought that I was figuring out a puzzle of sorts ... well I did. Brauden would not reinstate me in any fashion with COL and the rogue had resigned from voln at level 20.

There had been other cases, plenty of cases, where characters had been allowed back in. Either with full rank or starting over, Brauden wouldn't do it. Do I blame Brauden? Nope. I blame the GMs that allowed other characters to be reinstated, thus ignoring policy.

Yes, my interaction with Brauden wasn't what I wanted, but cut the guy some slack. There are plenty of GMs that seem to be competing in a popularity contest and as a result or royally fucking the game. Brauden, nor Warden, are not doing this.

[Edited on 12-3-2004 by Tsa`ah]

Avei
12-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ilvane
Ah, I see..he gives you your silver back, which he didn't have to do--and he's the jerk?

Oooohkay.

-A

I was saying that was the only time he was nice.. that I have encountered. I have encountered him MANY MANY MANY MANY times. Those times, he seemed like a completely jackass. Not to mention, you should have seen how he grilled me in the lounge when I reported. He spent 2 hours trying to get me to confess that I had given away my password or something.. which I didn't. He made me wait for two weeks on this matter.. and finally he said, "No".. and I said.. "can I please have my silver back.. I was planning on starting an RP house with that".. and he said.. fine. Didn't even give me all of em either.