PDA

View Full Version : Found in Landing

Daralundy
08-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Found rather nice weapon in a sheath under the bench in TSC Landing.

Viekn
08-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Found rather nice weapon in a sheath under the bench in TSC Landing.

Definitely nice of you to try to find the owner. Just wanted to mention though, you can't accidentally put something under the tsc bench, (at least I don't think), so it's possible they left it there for someone to find.

*Edit: although maybe it was just the sheath they meant to leave and not the weapon. :shrug:

Enuch
08-11-2016, 12:59 PM
If they put item in sheath versus my sheath maybe? Not sure the mechanics for items under the bench but I do know something similar has happened to me for an item on the bench, someone was nice enough to point it out after 5 minutes of me being completely confused as to the whereabouts of my weapon

Tarakan
08-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Of course you can, due to the parser being stupid. If you don't specifically use "MY" as you are instructed to by Thraak, the parser will put your weapon in the sheath on the ground. Same for backpacks. Snerts used to troll TSC by putting open containers there to trap the careless into this loss potential.

Viekn
08-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Of course you can, due to the parser being stupid. If you don't specifically use "MY" as you are instructed to by Thraak, the parser will put your weapon in the sheath on the ground. Same for backpacks. Snerts used to troll TSC by putting open containers there to trap the careless into this loss potential.

Even if a sheath is "under" the bench, and not just on the ground? I didn't think it could do that.

Daralundy
08-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Just tested it out. Indeed it does do that.

Viekn
08-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Just tested it out. Indeed it does do that.

Man that's a bitch. Not sure what system it is that uses #'s to identify items, but would be nice if you could designate just 1-3 item #'s that another item could be put in, that way if you type "put xxx in sheath" instead of "put xxx in my sheath", it would kick back something like "that is not one of your designated containers".

BriarFox
08-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Man that's a bitch. Not sure what system it is that uses #'s to identify items, but would be nice if you could designate just 1-3 item #'s that another item could be put in, that way if you type "put xxx in sheath" instead of "put xxx in my sheath", it would kick back something like "that is not one of your designated containers".

Thus the SHEATHE and STOW verbs.

Allereli
08-11-2016, 02:24 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Velfi
08-11-2016, 03:38 PM

Also STORE.

Archigeek
08-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Wait, you thought people kindly left all those sheaths and backpacks in town center for the good of the backpackless and sheethless poor of Elanthia? If I find containers anywhere in town center, I close them and then throw them away... or sell them at the pawn. You're doing no one a favor by leaving empty containers laying around.

Winter
08-12-2016, 07:34 AM
If they put item in sheath versus my sheath maybe?

I've done that once before in the town square with a runestaff and once one on Teras in Eonak's shrine/altar. If someone leaves a discarded container in a communal area and I see it, down the silverwood manor shoot it goes!