PDA

View Full Version : Intuition -- what's it good for?

Kel
06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
That's it. My whole question. What's it good for?

(I'm playing with stats to bring a mid-level (50ish) empath into GSIV, and wondering what I can tank.)

Kel

Parker
06-02-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought it was one of the two doube-TP stats....as in it gives you both physical and mental TP's...I've not looked into it though...pretty sure it says some things on the homepage about it.

Kel
06-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Parker
I thought it was one of the two doube-TP stats....as in it gives you both physical and mental TP's...I've not looked into it though...pretty sure it says some things on the homepage about it.

It's Discipline and Aura that factor into both PTP and MTP. The prime stats for empaths (WIS and INF) count double.

The official description of INT leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. It's one of those vague descriptions that I find doesn't actually tell me anything.

[quote] A person's innate or instinctive ability to sense things without conscious deduction or critical analysis. It is distinctively different from Logic in that it refers to the ability to make decisions or leap to conclusions with little or no overt supporting evidence, relying more upon subconscious "hunches." Included in intuition would be what is commonly referred to as a "sixth sense", prescience, perception, and luck. [quote]

I'm a big baby -- I'd prefer the descriptions spell it out for me (ie this stat factors into these skills). I believe that INT is one of the two stats (the other being LOG) that factors into learning, but I thought that LOG was really the primary determinant, as between the two. But I could be as wrong as wrong can be....

Kel

fallenSaint
06-02-2005, 02:31 PM
In my opinion its a good stat to tank! I think sorcerers and demons deal with that number but then again Im no sorc.

Showal
06-02-2005, 04:23 PM
It also made a hit song by Jewel.

Raine
08-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Intuition helps in defending against ambushing, as well as other random things like that. I think it took over wisdom's old pick/disarm modifier too.

It's become one of those stats that they just throw in to fill in the blanks, heh.

Terminator X
08-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Raine
Intuition helps in defending against ambushing, as well as other random things like that. I think it took over wisdom's old pick/disarm modifier too.

It's become one of those stats that they just throw in to fill in the blanks, heh.

Almost everything perception related, minus the perception skill, has its modifiers standardly and solely as the WIS bonus.

Check it out on the main GemStone page under skills (perception, sensing, searching, ambush modifiers [geeze, there are so many]) or even under stats. You will see that WIS is the key.

Raine
08-13-2005, 02:20 AM
It actually doesn't list Wisdom as a modifier (outside of Pick locks, I'd assumed that one had changed)...and the description of Wisdom itself now focuses mainly around spiritual strength. I know it effected alot of things before, but not sure now.

Also, Intuition is the Ambush Defense modifier at the very least, now. Can't find the official post, but there's a thread in the Rogue Forum about it.

I really wish they'd post the contributing stats for each skill, or at least be less cryptic about what they do now. If you find any official listings for stat/skill relations, please post them!

Lord Dainslef
08-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Last I heard WIS is no longer a factor for picking in any way.

Alfster
08-13-2005, 02:30 PM
As far as I know, it's been changed to Dexterity

Terminator X
08-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Spotting traps is WIS, trust me guys. Picking them is DEX. Trust me guys.

Raine
08-14-2005, 02:20 AM
Simu Really needs to update their site.

Kriztian
08-14-2005, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Terminator X
Spotting traps is WIS, trust me guys. Picking them is DEX. Trust me guys.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is from Ildran on 8/6/05:

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=28&topic=19&page=3 9

Okay, here are the factors for success at each of the three tasks, by default, in a very particular order. Some traps may add their own modifiers. I don't think there's anything revolutionary here.

Spotting traps:
Helps - Disarm skill, Intuition bonus, Perception skill, Traplore, Presence, Self Control, good lighting, Lucksong (helps your luck)
Hurts - Trap discovery difficulty, wounds, amunet, Sounds, Interference, Weapon Deflection, bad lighting, fog, fumbles

Disarming traps:
Helps - Disarm skill, Dexterity bonus, Lucksong (helps your luck), Traplore, Self Control, good lighting, "modding down"
Hurts - Trap disarming difficulty, fumbles, amunet, Sounds, Interference, Weapon Deflection, bad lighting, fog, wounds

Picking:
Helps - Picking skill, Dexterity bonus, Locklore, lockpick, open rolls, "modding down"
Hurts - Wounds, not enough skill for the used lockpick, fumbles

- Consigliere Ildran, Shizlock Holmesplice

Sorry but wisdom ain't a factor