PDA

View Full Version : How do my fellow Paladin brothers and sisters do their lore?

Tgo01
07-22-2016, 10:32 PM
I'm really not sure how I want to go about my lores.

So far I'm pretty positive I want 10 ranks blessings for the +50% bless duration, 15 ranks of summoning for the armor hindrance reduction from 1603, and thinking 25 ranks in religion for the +50% kneeling chance from 1615 but after that I just, I just don't know :(

How does everyone else do it?

Religion doesn't seem all that great compared to the other two. I mean you get extra DS from 1610 with religion but the bonus for 1601 from Blessings gives more DS AND it gives TD.

The extra AS from 1617 sounds decent from religion but it comes at a loss of DS whereas 1605 just adds a flat +1% DF and no negative to my knowledge.

The flare chance from 1618 sounds decent I suppose.

The extra TD for 1619 sounds good too but the spell already provides a flat +50 TD plus it only lasts 30 seconds, not sure how often paladins even use this spell at higher levels.

And extra raises from 1640, I mean, I doubt my paladin will ever raise anyone, much less more than one person a day. But one never knows I suppose.

And whether to go more blessings or summoning lore looks like a tough choice too because they all look either equally good or equally bad, depending on your perspective.

Androidpk
07-22-2016, 10:45 PM
All of them.

Menos
07-22-2016, 10:54 PM
From my perspective.

25 religion is a near must have for the kneeling and RT effects on 1615 and 1630.

10 summoning is the next most important for extra targets for 1630.

For more defensive builds I like blessing (for raw numbers and extra flares to help with shitty attacks). Don't forget about the extra odds to help on 100's circle spells.

For more offensive builds I like summoning for DF boosts and more 1630 targets. If you are spell heavy, this is the ticket.

For zealot builds I like a mix of religion and summoning. Remember that religion is both adding AS and lowering the DS penalty. This is in effect +1 AS and +1 DS per seed if you are casting zealot. Summoning also helps you control the room when in zealot mode and boost DF which helps more in the late game.

At level 100 I was very defensive and had 10 summoning, 25 religion, 67 blessing. Once I had enough defense (gear, dodge, ect) to forget about redux; I started to add spells and flesh out my offensive ability. I eventually brought lores up to 100 summoning, 25 religion, 77 blessing.

Tgo01
07-22-2016, 11:04 PM
For zealot builds I like a mix of religion and summoning. Remember that religion is both adding AS and lowering the DS penalty. This is in effect +1 AS and +1 DS per seed if you are casting zealot. Summoning also helps you control the room when in zealot mode and boost DF which helps more in the late game.

Oh yeah, religion lowers the DS penalty, not lowers your DS even more.

Hmm...

Either way looks like you stopped at 25 religion and that's what I was thinking too.

Androidpk
07-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Is there a paladin dev?

kutter
07-23-2016, 12:11 AM
Paladins can train in lore? Seriously, mine is only 46 so I am not even certain I have any lore at all, would have to look, but will keep an eye on this for much later I suppose.

Gelston
07-23-2016, 02:06 AM
Paladins can train in lore? Seriously, mine is only 46 so I am not even certain I have any lore at all, would have to look, but will keep an eye on this for much later I suppose.

I used to like .3x lores on my paladin. Points were always tight, but I made it work, damn you.

Tgo01
07-23-2016, 03:26 AM
One more question; my paladin just hit level 25 and started to bond to his weapon.

So now I'm confused how this works. Once I hit bonding level 1 does the bonded weapon automatically have plasma flares on it forever and ever (until I unbond to it of course) naturally? Or do I still have to cast 1604 at it when it wears off to get the plasma flares? Do the two stack at all, 1604 and the bonded plasma flares? Do I only have to cast 1604 at a weapon to sanctify it first before bonding to it then I never have to cast 1604 at the weapon again?

I'm so confused :(

Gelston
07-23-2016, 03:40 AM
One more question; my paladin just hit level 25 and started to bond to his weapon.

So now I'm confused how this works. Once I hit bonding level 1 does the bonded weapon automatically have plasma flares on it forever and ever (until I unbond to it of course) naturally? Or do I still have to cast 1604 at it when it wears off to get the plasma flares? Do the two stack at all, 1604 and the bonded plasma flares? Do I only have to cast 1604 at a weapon to sanctify it first before bonding to it then I never have to cast 1604 at the weapon again?

I'm so confused :(

If I remember correctly, once you are bound to the weapon it is sanctified. As long as it doesn't have other properties (like flares, weighting) you'll have plasma flares for all time. You used to beable to cast guiding light on it also to get double flares, but obviously Guiding lights was combined into 1604... MAybe you'll get the double flares if you do keep 1604 on it. Remember, you start the bond at rank 0, and with 1625 you can get up to rank 1.. The innate flares start at rank 1, so if you aren't seeing them without consecrate, that is why.

Menos
07-23-2016, 06:55 AM
It has flares (if it can) as long as it is bonded. There is no upkeep or recasting needed. You do have to add more mana for the invoked spell flares if you use them.

Gnomad
07-23-2016, 08:30 AM
For lores, I'm working on Religion first, then Summoning, for DF on 1605, infusing on 1625, and being able to save my own butt.

If I remember correctly, once you are bound to the weapon it is sanctified. As long as it doesn't have other properties (like flares, weighting) you'll have plasma flares for all time. You used to beable to cast guiding light on it also to get double flares, but obviously Guiding lights was combined into 1604... MAybe you'll get the double flares if you do keep 1604 on it. Remember, you start the bond at rank 0, and with 1625 you can get up to rank 1.. The innate flares start at rank 1, so if you aren't seeing them without consecrate, that is why.
Other extra details:
From what I've heard, only properties that are "obvious" to 1625 will prevent it from getting plasma flares, so weapons with scripts (blink, mechanical, snake, etc.) will still also get the plasma flares. time4fun can confirm this; I've never bonded my paladin to anything that expensive.

Max bonding is based on paladin spells, not levels. I think I gave up my armor ranks for a few levels to be able to rush 1629 and get the full bonding over and done with ASAP. It's especially a help on a F2P character where those levels take a lot longer.

mgoddess
07-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Lores:

I've got 40 ranks of Summoning currently, at level 85... love it for the self-1620 back to town, the extra "mana"/"spell-levels" for infusing on 1625, the extra targets on 1630, and the DF bonus on 1605.

Was thinking of picking up 40 ranks of Religion lore, as soon as I've got the points for it, but now that I've got an actual cleric character, I'm less interested in the more-1640-per-day (and don't care too much about the kneeling-monsters aspect), so I'll probably switch this over to Blessing lore a.s.a.p., for the DS/CM/HP/etc. benefits it has.

Eventually, I'll have somewhere around 40-60 ranks of each lore, but that's a well-past-cap goal.

1625 flaring:

If your weapon doesn't have inherent flares/weighting, you'll get the plasma flares permanently (until unbonding). No need to upkeep 1604 on it. I've got a plain-jane handaxe I'm using, that I get one- and two-flares on pretty regularly, without needing anything extra cast at it.

Tgo01
07-23-2016, 02:20 PM
Awesome thanks everyone. You're all the best.

time4fun
07-23-2016, 03:25 PM
For lores, I'm working on Religion first, then Summoning, for DF on 1605, infusing on 1625, and being able to save my own butt.

Other extra details:
From what I've heard, only properties that are "obvious" to 1625 will prevent it from getting plasma flares, so weapons with scripts (blink, mechanical, snake, etc.) will still also get the plasma flares. time4fun can confirm this; I've never bonded my paladin to anything that expensive.

Max bonding is based on paladin spells, not levels. I think I gave up my armor ranks for a few levels to be able to rush 1629 and get the full bonding over and done with ASAP. It's especially a help on a F2P character where those levels take a lot longer.

Anything in the special properties slot will block the plasma flares (weighting and most flare types).

Most flare-based scripts will end up filling the special properties slot as well as the script slot. (snake flares, Iasha, etc)

I haven't tested adamantine or zelnorn, but kroderine's dispel flares take up the special properties slot. Coraesine also takes up the special properties slot (though I'm not sure if it's the double strike, the air, or both)

The only exception scripts that I can recall off hand are: blink, bubble, poleaxe, and knockout. Those will all allow for the 1604 flares.

Banes have no impact on the flares.

Interestingly enough- the true black ora script doesn't fill the special properties slot, but it appears to have been written specifically to block the 1604 flares.

Double flares are 100% a function of blessing lore and 1604's inherent chances. Casting 1604 on a level 1 bonded weapon (flares kick on at level 2) will give you plasma flares (with whatever chance your 1604 gives you for double flares)

Nosh
07-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Double flares are 100% a function of blessing lore and 1604's inherent chances. Casting 1604 on a level 1 bonded weapon (flares kick on at level 2) will give you plasma flares (with whatever chance your 1604 gives you for double flares)

So do you need to use 1604 on your weapon to get double flares, even if you're bonded to it via 1625? Don't see many folks recommending a quick 15 blessing ranks for magic metal casting of 1604, so wasn't sure.

time4fun
07-25-2016, 11:28 AM
So do you need to use 1604 on your weapon to get double flares, even if you're bonded to it via 1625? Don't see many folks recommending a quick 15 blessing ranks for magic metal casting of 1604, so wasn't sure.

Only at bonding level 1.

At bonding level 2 you get the flares inherently.

Gelston
07-25-2016, 11:44 AM
Only at bonding level 1.

At bonding level 2 you get the flares inherently.

Level 1 gives the flares, 0 doesn't :D

Yes, it is dumb.

time4fun
07-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Level 1 gives the flares, 0 doesn't :D

Yes, it is dumb.

Oh right, sorry, bad wording on my part.

You don't get the flares when you first bond. They come the first time your bonding goes up a level.

Thanks for clarifying G.

Nosh
07-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Oh okay great, thanks.

I was thinking 1625 bonding (level 1) gave you only a single flare and you needed 1604 for doubles. Appreciate the clarification.