PDA

View Full Version : I should've just offed him right there.

AlahnnaDenale
11-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Herod holds out his hand, palm facing up, and concentrates on its central point. Slowly, particles begin to coalesce with a unified will in his hand. One by one, petals dark as twilight begin to blossom up, taking the shape of a rosebud. Specks of colorless pollen appear within the flower as the rest of the details are filled in. After a moment, a perfectly-shaped black essence rose lies across Herod's hand.
>
Herod rubs his chin thoughtfully.
>
Kurrn says, "Long as nobody eats one."
>
Kurrn smacks his lips.
>
Herod holds his hand up before his, bringing his fingertips together into a point. he focuses intently at the space just above his fingers, and a small orb of energy coalesces there, hovering just above his hand. The orb begins to whirl rapidly in place, and thin streams of energy slide away to spin around it as it turns, crackling with electricity as the tempest begins to take form. The crackling sounds grow louder accompanied by the whistling of the raging air as miniature forks of lightning arc around the spinning fury of the maelstrom, and the tempest swells in size as if wanting to escape Herod's careful control. The vortex swiftly reaches its full potential, raining tiny hailstones down into and over his palm as it hovers balanced above his fingertips.
>
Lord Hesha just wandered down a dusty path.
>
Herod offers Kurrn a swirling blue tempest.
>
Lanoran just left.
>
Kurrn begins chuckling at Herod!
>
Kurrn accepts Herod's blue tempest.
>
Herod smiles slightly
>
Hesha rubs a crystal amulet.
Hesha gets an odd look on his face.
>
Herod holds his hand up before his, bringing his fingertips together into a point. he focuses intently at the space just above his fingers, and a small orb of energy coalesces there, hovering just above his hand. The orb begins to whirl rapidly in place, and thin streams of energy slide away to spin around it as it turns, crackling with electricity as the tempest begins to take form. The crackling sounds grow louder accompanied by the whistling of the raging air as miniature forks of lightning arc around the spinning fury of the maelstrom, and the tempest swells in size as if wanting to escape Herod's careful control. As the vortex nears its full potential, though, it seems to waver slightly, then it rapidly spins back into itself as the energy collapses into nothingness.
>
Kurrn asks, "Will this keep me awake with nightmares?"
>
Kurrn grins at Herod.
>
Herod holds his hand up before his, bringing his fingertips together into a point. he focuses intently at the space just above his fingers, and a small orb of energy coalesces there, hovering just above his hand. The orb begins to whirl rapidly in place, and thin streams of energy slide away to spin around it as it turns, crackling with electricity as the tempest begins to take form. The crackling sounds grow louder accompanied by the whistling of the raging air as miniature forks of lightning arc around the spinning fury of the maelstrom, and the tempest swells in size as if wanting to escape Herod's careful control. As the vortex nears its full potential, though, it seems to waver slightly, then it rapidly spins back into itself as the energy collapses into nothingness.
>
Lord Hesha just wandered down a dusty path.
>
Herod calmly says, "Not that I am aware."
>
A swirling blue tempest suddenly loses its form and dissipates.
>
Kurrn snaps his fingers.
>
>
Kurrn says, "Nope."
>
>
Herod leans leisurely on his mossbark runestaff, a thoughtful expression upon his face.
>
(Herod glances down at his empty left hand)
>
Herod raises an eyebrow.
>
Herod holds his hand up before his, bringing his fingertips together into a point. he focuses intently at the space just above his fingers, and a small orb of energy coalesces there, hovering just above his hand. The orb begins to whirl rapidly in place, and thin streams of energy slide away to spin around it as it turns, crackling with electricity as the tempest begins to take form. Abruptly, though, the whirling energy slows and dwindles into nothingness, and Herod lowers his hand.
>
Evarin chuckles to himself.
>
Herod waggles his fingers mystically. Ooh...impressive.
>
>
Herod's eyelid begins to twitch and quiver uncontrollably.
>
Herod holds his hand up before his, bringing his fingertips together into a point. he focuses intently at the space just above his fingers, and a small orb of energy coalesces there, hovering just above his hand. The orb begins to whirl rapidly in place, and thin streams of energy slide away to spin around it as it turns, crackling with electricity as the tempest begins to take form. The crackling sounds grow louder accompanied by the whistling of the raging air as miniature forks of lightning arc around the spinning fury of the maelstrom, and the tempest swells in size as if wanting to escape Herod's careful control. The vortex swiftly reaches its full potential, raining tiny hailstones down into and over his palm as it hovers balanced above his fingertips.

Parkbandit
11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Don't blame the player.. blame the crappy idea to have a wall of text as a guild rep that was supposed to be fixed months ago.

AlahnnaDenale
11-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Don't blame the player.. blame the crappy idea to have a wall of text as a guild rep that was supposed to be fixed months ago.

Mental note. Off Nilven.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Maybe you could ban the entire channel from chatting for a few minutes?

Oh wait, that's only a bitch move you pull on PsiNet.

AnticorRifling
11-29-2004, 10:24 PM
I don't know what's going on but PWND!!!!!!11!!

4a6c1
11-29-2004, 10:31 PM
umm, i dont know whats going on either so...

*does the nekkid superman pose again*

Fallen
11-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Alahnna took offence to Herod performing Illusion repetitions in the Commons. I believe it was mentioned that he asked for permission and no one objected before beginning.

And yes, they are damn annoying, but there is only a couple of them. Squelch them as they pop up.

Kainen
11-29-2004, 11:19 PM
It's really not fair to blame a player for doing reps.. all that text could be taken care of by coders.. so yell at them. Like Fallen said.. he asked permission.

Caiylania
11-30-2004, 01:40 AM
Heh, the only thing that pisses me off about it is that warriors have to wait forever between reps, even though we get fewer the more people that are there.

Hate audience reps. The watching and the doing.

Nieninque
11-30-2004, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

:rofl:

And at least he was doing stuff in between...trying to do a little RP in between pushing the same key over and over.

We know the reps for the illusions are sucky, Individual sorcerers can do one of two things: Do it and accept that people are going to get fed up. or dont do it.

Not much of a choice.

Betheny
11-30-2004, 08:05 AM
This is why I left River's Rest.

Also, if you were a sorcerer, you wouldn't be bitching. You act like sorcerers WANT to do this bullshit.

AlahnnaDenale
11-30-2004, 11:18 AM
As I said in my second post (or at least, implied) - you're right, its not the players fault. As such, I should just off Nilven.

Betheny
11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
I haven't done any guild reps in a long time because of how annoyed people get with me. I'm a little tired of the snotty remarks people make when I'm doing reps. I only do one rep every two minutes too, successful or not, because of how annoying it is, and I still get yelled at. It sucks.

Shari
11-30-2004, 02:26 PM
The fact that he asked makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I agree that the creater of that illusion should be dragged over a mile of broken glass...but you don't see me pulling 1000 cartwheels in a minutes time because I want to get them over and done with, I try and span it out over three minutes or so...I think sorcerers (and other people in guilds) should do the same, especially with screen roll like THAT.

Betheny
11-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Someone suggested in a prior thread, just squelch it if it bothers you that much. :yell:

Lumi
12-22-2004, 05:58 PM
I must make a note to squelch that. My hard drive crash in August took, among other things, my WFE settings, including my squelches >_<

TheRoseLady
12-22-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

:lol:

:heart: SHM