PDA

View Full Version : Oh my wow

iJin
07-15-2016, 09:44 AM
K, I wanna start this for personal reasons but feel free to comment your "quirky" comments if you will.

On Tuesday I started carb cycling with my food, and man it's been actually fucking working! If you don't know what carb cycling is, google it. So far so food. So my Tuesday was my HC day. Granted, I didn't have much complex carbs as much as it was a cheat day, and I felt like shit for eating that, but I've been working out 6 days out of the week so I thought whatever. Following day was my low carb day.

Wednesday: (87 g of protein, 35g of fat, 36g of carbs)
Meal 1: Protein Shake.
Meal 2: Polluck fish patty with lemon pepper, cheese sauced (lightly) brocolli and carrots.
Meal 3: Same shit as above, but with a Salmon Patty instead.
Meal 4: Tofu hot dogs in a lettuce wrap with grilled onion and avocado slices (don't ask, it's a Guatemalan thing)

Pounds lost: 2.1 lbs

Thursday: (108g of carbs, 104 g protein, 23g of fat)
Meal 1: 2 egg whites, 2 organic corn tortillas, pico de gallo salsa
Meal 2: Protein shake, 1 whole grain muffin with 1 tbsp of organic fruit jam
Meal 3: Cheat Meal-- Brocolli and Spinach stuffed pizza. I took off the top layer of bread.
Meal 4: Tilapia Fillet with lemon pepper, small lettuce with Walden's 0 caloria ranch, and Quest Protein Chips.

Pounds lost: 1 lb

Each day consisted of about 10-20 minutes of HIIT cardio and 5 minutes of super hiking. Then about 30-40 minutes of weights. Usually I focus on my leg because those are the strongest muscles I have, my arms are fucking NOODLES. I also work out my back everyday.

Anyways; I'm supposed to be eating a high carb breakfast today, and everyday within 30 minutes so I need to go and fucking EAT. Low carb today--doesn't make me groggy like others do since I've been LC essentially for about....eh 7-8 months? Lost 82 pounds (to date) now. Huzzah.

I will update TONIGHT.

Soulance
07-15-2016, 10:42 AM
I wish you luck with this! Hopefully it works out well and gets the desired result - honestly.

My problem with these "fad diets" is that they typically leave you short of some valuable nutrient in some form or other. The best diet, imo, is balanced and in moderation with a health dose of good ole physical activity where possible.

The body is a crazy thing. You don't just eat something with Vitamin D to get Vitamin D. The body is goody in that it's more like you need to eat a PBnJ sammich in order to absorb the nutrients of the glass of milk you drink with it. Now that's not exactly true, just an example of how strange things are.

Just be careful is all I'll say. But definitely CONGRATULATIONS on the huge success so far!!

iJin
07-15-2016, 12:20 PM
I definitely don't see it as a fad diet! Granted, I was doing LC for months, and that can be considered a fad diet. Actually, any type of eating can be considered a"fad" diet, but it's all about perspective! Like me, this is definitely a lifestyle.

Yeah, I have to take vitamin d pills because I'm so low. I'm a vampire and hate the sun. Heh.

spapow
07-15-2016, 04:16 PM
This is awesome. Just wanted to pop in and tell you 82 pounds down is fantastic (unless you're anorexic, then I won't condone). Keep the good work going!

sent from Tapatalk

Gelston
07-15-2016, 04:20 PM
You should check out the blog feature.

iJin
07-15-2016, 05:28 PM
Are you the PC police? lols

Gelston
07-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Are you the PC police? lols

... I was just pointing it out to you if you didn't know. This seems like the perfect sort of use for it.

iJin
07-15-2016, 05:38 PM
I dunno how to use it. All I see is a post by you about tacos and soda. Scary stuff.

Gelston
07-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Click blog tab, to the right is Create New Post