PDA

View Full Version : Gems

Nakem
07-04-2016, 07:30 AM
Does anyone know if Gemstone still does (For premium members) if you find a gem you'll get an actual gem? I have heard a lot of talk about how it used to be that way but i haven't head much about it being that way now

Ososis
07-04-2016, 07:33 AM
I remember a thing not too long ago in prime where there were a handful of real gems to be found. Whenever someone found one a world message would go out. I don't remember when this was, but it was within the last year as thats how long I have been playing this round.

There was also a quartz (I think?) found in the dig.

Enuch
07-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Second the item regarding gems being a thing, Wyrom posted on the Twitter during the dig that a real gem was placed in the prize generator.

So they do exist but I am sure it is less frequent or sadly probably missed sometimes if someone is scripting and their loot script goes wonky.

I forgot which GM posted this recently too but they said to make sure to check random packs found on mobs because those packs could have valuables. Not the same as a real gem but another thing to be aware of

GS4Pirate
07-04-2016, 08:00 AM
I remember a thing not too long ago in prime where there were a handful of real gems to be found. Whenever someone found one a world message would go out. I don't remember when this was, but it was within the last year as thats how long I have been playing this round.

There was also a quartz (I think?) found in the dig.

LOL, please don't tell me it was quartz they gave out. Holy fuck, what, did they dig through some landscaping rock over a smoke break?

Honestly though, it is pretty cool when you find one. Found a garnet once, I suppose it was a 1/8th karat gemstone, I could give more info but the x-wife stole it in the divorce.

From what I recall on the last real gem handout, Bubba was handling it and the Gems never got delivered before whatever happened to Bubba happened. Not sure if that ever got taken care of.

This also makes me consider that Drauz must be David W., only Jews deal in gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWz4tDAwkE

drauz
07-04-2016, 08:14 AM
This also makes me consider that Drauz must David W., only Jews deal in gems.

You must be Ralph Wiggum, only he could come up with some of the stuff you do!

http://i.imgur.com/h8bl7Pn.gif

Ososis
07-04-2016, 08:25 AM
LOL, please don't tell me it was quartz they gave out. Holy fuck, what, did they dig through some landscaping rock over a smoke break?

I'm 90% sure it was quartz, and if it wasn't it WAS something else that made me feel orgasmically underwhelmed. I know there were a few T5 bombers, but the gem(didn't it say gemS?) was actively advertised. Perhaps they decided to go with larger bits of cheaper stone instead of chips of nicer stones? Not sure.

GS4Pirate
07-04-2016, 09:21 AM
I'm 90% sure it was quartz, and if it wasn't it WAS something else that made me feel orgasmically underwhelmed. I know there were a few T5 bombers, but the gem(didn't it say gemS?) was actively advertised. Perhaps they decided to go with larger bits of cheaper stone instead of chips of nicer stones? Not sure.

I totally give them credit though, nothing makes me prouder than a company that continues to pull off schemes straight out of the trailer park and people buy into it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gni9VMpIA6c

Soulance
07-04-2016, 09:30 AM
Does anyone know if Gemstone still does (For premium members) if you find a gem you'll get an actual gem? I have heard a lot of talk about how it used to be that way but i haven't head much about it being that way now
Someone found one last year at some point and there was an announcement on screen.

I think they said there are still more to be found and the "real" version of what you find will be sent to you.

Ososis
07-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Someone found one last year at some point and there was an announcement on screen.

I think they said there are still more to be found and the "real" version of what you find will be sent to you.

I am pretty sure all the real gems from that minor event were found. I do not believe there are any currently in prime.