PDA

View Full Version : My first path...

Andrath
11-28-2004, 12:26 AM
I've never played an empath before and I've been in the game for about 6 years. Empath's fuckin rock! They are a very important part of GS I know but never realized how entertaining it is to sit and heal people..badass!

Nakiro
11-28-2004, 02:28 AM
:beer:

4a6c1
11-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Yeah, Congrats. Its a lot of fun but it really depends on where you sit. You will want to strangle certain people if you sit in Landing Town Center for long periods of time. I recommend Solhaven North Market or Icemule Town Center if you start to understand what I mean in any way.

Have fun!

Czeska
11-30-2004, 02:37 PM
I love my empath, I never expected to title her, and now she's only 4 trains behind my oldest character.

At 33 trains she can hunt alone at her level and up to say, Kiramon.. and she can hunt in banshees with one other person. She is a great healer too, and learns quickly.

Nilandia
11-30-2004, 03:25 PM
I love Nilandia. She's my first empath that wasn't just a locker character and she does very, very well. I don't take her hunting often, since that bores me, but she's very well trained. She can use any magic item, any wand, any scroll, and she can shatter bones, hurl plasma ball spells and fire ball spells in addition to her healing.

I should go find Artha sometime and explain things to him. :D

Nilandia

Prosperanna
11-30-2004, 03:51 PM
I've been playing Gemstone on and off for years, and I've always played an empath. It's just been in this past year that I picked up a rogue as well, because I was tired of not being able to pick boxes, and I wanted to see what it was like to be able to kill things that are my own level. ;) (I still don't know how anyone manages to get an empath that can kill critters its own level.)

But yes, like others have said, don't stick to TSC. Watch out for the crazy empaths (of which there are quite a few) and stick to Icemule and Solhaven, and you should have lots of fun. :)

Anna

Czeska
11-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Prosperanna
I still don't know how anyone manages to get an empath that can kill critters its own level.

My empath is 2x'd spell aim, uses boneshatter well, and can use any wand, rod or scroll she gets. She is CoL, so her Casting AS is awesome. Her toughest foe vanquished (yes she had help on the hunt, but she hit and killed it) was a wind wraith at 28.

Prosperanna
11-30-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
She is CoL, so her Casting AS is awesome.

I thought CoL signs only helped your AS, not your CS?

Wezas
11-30-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Prosperanna

Originally posted by Czeska
She is CoL, so her Casting AS is awesome.

I thought CoL signs only helped your AS, not your CS?

It helps your Casting & Swinging AS, for bolt spells like Fireball - that use AS instead of CS.

It doesn't help for spells like bind, silence, etc.

Czeska
12-01-2004, 04:20 PM
What he said.

So for 1110.. 111.. but not 1106. Also for any AS wands, all of which my empath uses.

Czeska
12-01-2004, 04:20 PM
What he said.

So for 1110.. 111.. but not 1006. Also for any AS wands, all of which my empath uses.

Wezas
12-01-2004, 04:31 PM
One of the best things for me about being an empath is refusing to heal certain people.

Also - if you're planning on joining a house - study their bylaws and decide if you're willing to agree with (most) [all] of them.

Czeska
12-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Right. For example.. my empath enjoyed her first murder far too much to consider joining sovyn.

She's mellowed out, but she's doesn't consider healing an obligation unless she is choosing to be "the empath on the hunt" or it's family.

Most of the time she'll heal whoever, but not if they're rude, and not if she's not in the mood.