PDA

View Full Version : T5 win: a thin green portfolio (scroll/spell holder)

Elvenlady
06-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Pulled this digging in Duskruin:

You open a thin green leather portfolio.

>l in portfolio
Two large pieces of vellum are stitched together along one edge, providing a crude and very thin portfolio. A tarnished silver gem setting has been centered on the front cover of the portfolio, though it is empty. Scribbled on the back cover is the list, "Topaz, Emerald, Smooth Stone, Ruby, Diamond". All but "Diamond" have been crossed out.
The portfolio is opened to the first page.
It takes you a moment to focus on the green leather portfolio.
The green leather portfolio is blank.

See here (https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Thin_beige_portfolio) for more info.

I understand they have sold in the past from anything between 60 and 100m so starting the bidding at 60m.

MB: 60m
CB:
BO: 100m

Fromer
06-21-2016, 05:28 PM
MB

rolfard
06-21-2016, 06:30 PM
85m SORRY FROMER!

Vorpodu
06-21-2016, 11:46 PM
Well. Can anybody say best fuckin t5 pull ever?

shad0ws0ngs
06-21-2016, 11:51 PM

kind of makes a truthie jewelry item or a MR 202 item more of a slap in the face than it already was, in comparison.

Zaigh
06-22-2016, 12:04 AM

For this event, I think so. Though the hollow soulstone wand from EG a couple years back may win that overall. Though I thought that was a mistake to go into the hopper, surprised this made it in. Very cool that it did and we have another one out in the world.

Jarvan
06-22-2016, 12:22 AM
For this event, I think so. Though the hollow soulstone wand from EG a couple years back may win that overall. Though I thought that was a mistake to go into the hopper, surprised this made it in. Very cool that it did and we have another one out in the world.

The GM's don't value this nearly as much as players do. Glad I asked for it tho.

Elvenlady
06-22-2016, 01:57 AM
Sold on BO. Thank you for your interest.

rolfard
06-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Congrats to the new owner!

Nordred
06-22-2016, 09:42 PM
Good buy who ever got it.

HermieTheDentist
06-22-2016, 10:24 PM
What makes these so valuable to the player base guys?

Respectfully,
Matt

drauz
06-22-2016, 11:14 PM
What makes these so valuable to the player base guys?

Respectfully,
Matt

You get more charges from using scroll infusion, thats really all i've been able to find out. Looks to be a 27% increase in charges. If that is really all there is to it, then I can't possibly see how this is valued at 100m.

Viekn
06-22-2016, 11:21 PM
You get more charges from using scroll infusion, thats really all i've been able to find out. Looks to be a 27% increase in charges.

Aren't you also able to transfer spells from scrolls to the portfolio or something? My wizard being a big scroll user and a halfling, that scroll container could get very heavy for him.

drauz
06-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Aren't you also able to transfer spells from scrolls to the portfolio or something? My wizard being a big scroll user and a halfling, that scroll container could get very heavy for him.

Yes, thats the main part but thats more convenience (costs a diamond each transfer as well). Would you pay 100m for an armoire? Its the scroll infusion increase that makes people pay these prices for it, or at least I'm pretty sure.

I feel like I'm missing something with them though. You would need to use this for like 10 years just to even come close to getting this kind of money back.

drauz
06-22-2016, 11:31 PM
I posted on the officials saying this would make a great item to just release to the masses. You could make changes to the item to make these still "better". I would really just love to be able to consolidate spells to one place. They could take out that spell infusion bonus and I would love it. Or make it hold less spells and you have to upgrade it.

Though to be honest, I probably still wouldn't use it. I'm just to lazy to keep track of scrolls.

Goat
06-22-2016, 11:41 PM
You get more charges from using scroll infusion, thats really all i've been able to find out. Looks to be a 27% increase in charges. If that is really all there is to it, then I can't possibly see how this is valued at 100m.

It depends on the spell. You avoid the invoke costs but still pay the infuse costs. E.g. with 202 you get a 40% "discount", with 318 it's an 18% discount. The better spells tend to yield somewhat less of a discount, but it's not universal.

Gnomad
06-22-2016, 11:47 PM
You get more charges from using scroll infusion, thats really all i've been able to find out. Looks to be a 27% increase in charges. If that is really all there is to it, then I can't possibly see how this is valued at 100m.The increase in charges varies based on the spell. Not sure where you're getting 27% from.

1711 (quartz orb CS booster) goes from 65.46 per use to 34.33 per use. That's a 90% increase in charges. Some are way over double. And it's not just a price thing, it's an availability thing. Raise dead scrolls and whatnot don't grow on trees. (Well, I guess some do.)

That's not worth 100 mil to me, but I can see how that for the right person, it might be? That's still a ton, jeez.

drauz
06-23-2016, 01:15 AM
The increase in charges varies based on the spell. Not sure where you're getting 27% from.

1711 (quartz orb CS booster) goes from 65.46 per use to 34.33 per use. That's a 90% increase in charges. Some are way over double. And it's not just a price thing, it's an availability thing. Raise dead scrolls and whatnot don't grow on trees. (Well, I guess some do.)

That's not worth 100 mil to me, but I can see how that for the right person, it might be? That's still a ton, jeez.

That was someone that replied on the officials, I dont really understand how all that invoking cost works so i just parroted the info that was given to me. Maybe it was meant as an average or he was giving a specific spell and I took that to mean all of them were like that (probably the latter).

I never really liked scroll infusion so I tried it out when it came out and didn't like all that crap that was needed to keep around to make it work. Inks, brushes, stones. Remembering which runes were for each level spell and all that. Not to mention having to clean the brush and all that pointless maintenance.

Though I've never been a fan of using scrolls, I hear rummage really helped with them. But meh, I still don't want to be bothered with them. I might if I had one of these, but thats still a big might.

Fallen
06-23-2016, 07:54 AM
You may be able to ensure rare spells are always available, which would be quite useful. Spells that aren't normally allowed on scrolls, for instance.

Ceyrin
06-25-2016, 12:02 PM
I liked scroll infusion more when it could be stolen with Living Rune. . . It made infusions on difficult class spells way easier to just get the owning class to do it.

sentral
06-27-2016, 11:00 AM
So basically if you take a fresh heroism scroll and transfer it into the portofolio, you can then infuse it and gain 27% more changes?

drauz
06-27-2016, 12:12 PM
So basically if you take a fresh heroism scroll and transfer it into the portofolio, you can then infuse it and gain 27% more changes?

Thats where I am not clear about it. If you can infuse directly from it or if you have to have a second scroll with the spell on it and you just add charges to the folio and keep infusing the scroll back to full.

nindon
06-27-2016, 12:12 PM
Though I've never been a fan of using scrolls, I hear rummage really helped with them. But meh, I still don't want to be bothered with them. I might if I had one of these, but thats still a big might.

With the help of Rummage, I've been using scrolls like wands. Spells 713, 908, 910, 1709, 510, 306 all work nicely if you use a runestaff. You need enough AS ranks to overcome the one-handed invoke penalty. It's a very simple script. Rummage for the spell number, invoke, go offensive, incant, go defensive, stow left. It's just one step slower than pulling out a wand and waving it. Generally, offensive spells are less draining on a scroll than defensive spells.

Allereli
06-27-2016, 12:15 PM
you have to have a second scroll with the spell on it and you just add charges to the folio and keep infusing the scroll back to full.

that.

Maerit
06-27-2016, 12:23 PM
I'm pretty sure the primary benefit to these is that you never have to invoke the spell from a scroll, therefore significantly improving the life of both the scroll and the spell on the scroll. Eventually, through infusing, you will lock the scroll, but it would lock much sooner and you have the risk of burning the spell off the scroll the more it is invoked directly.

This benefit is improved for difficult to use spells. So long as your skill to infuse is well-trained, you can make the scroll last a very long time.