PDA

View Full Version : Zesty Shell With a Tiny Kraken In It

shad0ws0ngs
05-31-2016, 10:01 PM
Sold at the last Spitfire, there was a merchant who would unlock and customize the critter inside of them. This is unlocked once and has a kraken in it. Fully unlocked, once beyond this, generates cobbling settings in the form of pearls. Odd little thing that should hopefully go to someone who will use it more than I have.

a coral-striped knobbed whelk shell

You analyze your knobbed whelk shell and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "There do not seem to be any specific limitations."

The creator has also provided the following information:
The shell may be altered as long as it remains a conical type shell with an apex. (ie: conch, whelk, cerith, olive, etc.) No cockles or flat shells. At Tier 2, you can customize the color/noun of the creature inside, with some limitation.

Your knobbed whelk shell is currently at Tier 2/3. Current verbs: EXHALE, LISTEN, LOOK IN, RUB, TOUCH, TURN

You get no sense of whether or not the shell may be further lightened.

Zests:
>exhale my shell
You raise the knobbed whelk shell to your lips and fill your lungs with air. You exhale forcefully into the shell, unleashing a powerful burst of air that resounds through the area like a blast of horns!
>look in my shell
You look into the aperture of your knobbed whelk shell and notice a miniature sharp-beaked kraken with a multitude of suckered tentacles concealed within its depths.
>rub my shell
With a coaxing touch, you rub your hand delicately across the knobbed whelk shell. A miniature crimson sharp-beaked kraken with a multitude of suckered tentacles emerges cautiously from inside but quickly retreats to the confines of its home.
>touch my shell
You trace your fingertips lightly across the knobbed whelk shell, familiarizing yourself with every contour, texture, and detail. You pause for a moment to contemplate the power of the sea that crafted such a wonder.
>turn my shell
You turn the knobbed whelk shell over a few times in your hand, admiring the natural beauty of the contrasting colors and unusual striations.
>listen my shell <-- this has a number of different messagings that come up. I'll show more at the bottom.
You hold the knobbed whelk shell up to your ear and listen...

Distant seagull cries are barely audible over the thunderous boom of perpetually crashing waves.

MB: 250k

Additional listen messaging:

>listen my shell

The sound of endlessly crashing waves relaxes you as your mind slips into a peaceful and tranquil state.
>

Distant seagull cries are barely audible over the thunderous boom of perpetually crashing waves.
>listen my shell

The pitter-patter of leather boots stomping against wet wooden planks echoes inside the shell.
>listen my shell

The soothing sound of crashing waves echoes from within the shell, an image of foam-crested crystalline blue waters lulling you into a daydream.
>listen my shell

The calming, rhythmic echoes of air luffing across a vessel's sail is soon interrupted by a fervent cry of, "LAND HO!"