PDA

View Full Version : LOST: A well-balanced sturdy vultite lance

khorpulent
05-27-2016, 06:10 PM
7x perfect lance - T5 ensorcelled. Originally crafted by Realia (sp?) I think and enchanted by Anemit.

Lost this while helping a friend do an heirloom search in the tunnel in the bowels. I'm not even sure how it happened...I looked back at the log and all I see is that I dropped the lance. I don't see that I typed DROP or PUT, but I dropped it somehow. I dropped it right before I hit go2, so I didn't even see that I'd dropped it till after I was done resting.

Aeronal just arrived.
>
Aeronal just went southwest.
>
Anemit searches around for a moment.
>drag ane sw
You grab Anemit and drag him southwest with you...

[Thanatoph Bowels, Tunnel]
Rivulets of brown murky water trickle down the slighty sloping floor, cutting tiny ruts into the soft muddy ground. The ceiling is covered with sickly grey mushrooms, all of them distorted and misshapen.
Also here: Anemit who is kneeling
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, southwest
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>
>
Anemit put some blue lace agate earrings in his silk greatcloak.
>
Anemit removes a chipped fireleaf runestaff from in his silk greatcloak.
>
Anemit stands up.
>
Anemit just went northeast.
>
You drop a well-balanced sturdy vultite lance.
>
Your heightened awareness of your foes fades away.
>
[iSigils]>sigil of major bane
As you concentrate on your sigil, you become much more aware of your foes and the most vulnerable portions of their bodies.
>
[ Sigil of Major Bane: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
Your heightened awareness of your own vulnerabilities fades away.
>
[iSigils]>sigil of major protection
As you concentrate on your sigil, you become much more aware of vulnerable spots in your defenses.
>
[ Sigil of Major Protection: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
>;k
--- Lich: haste has exited.
>;k
--- Lich: iSigils has exited.
>;k
--- Lich: no scripts to kill
>;g trophy
--- Lich: go2 active.
[go2: ETA: 0:00:16 (70 rooms to move through)]
[go2]>northeast
A small rut running along the floor is filled with murky water, small ripples in the tiny pond fanning outward with every passing footfall. Odd reflections dance upon the surface of the water, the shapes distorted and abstract.
Obvious exits: southwest, northwest

Ardwen
05-27-2016, 06:29 PM
do you use stormfront? its entirely possible to tap the window and drop things with it

khorpulent
05-27-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah, the GH mentioned that, but I haven't found any way to do it without clicking on the little menu that comes up when you click an item. And when I drop an item that way using SF, it appears in the log.

Ardwen
05-27-2016, 08:28 PM
vaguely remember that it can happen though it happened to me ages ago, seen some very odd bugs though.

Gnomad
05-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Yeah, the GH mentioned that, but I haven't found any way to do it without clicking on the little menu that comes up when you click an item. And when I drop an item that way using SF, it appears in the log.

It's the drag and drop interface.

If you drag an item to a container, it'll move it there. If you drag an item to anywhere else in the SF window, it'll just... drop it on the ground. No confirmation, no nothing. So if you accidentally drag an item's name a short distance, you'll drag it onto empty space and drop it.

If you mention that this is absolutely insane and user-hostile behavior on the officials, you will be told that it is easily fixed by simply turning off all menus and highlighted XML.

FlayedAngel
05-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Yeah, that sucks... I made a highlight to make a sound whenever I drop something, for that very reason.

khorpulent
05-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Ahh yes, I see that now. If I drop an item dragging it into the story window, it doesn't show the command in the log. I guess that's the most logical explanation, though I don't know how I'd have done it...pretty sure I didn't have my hand on the mouse at all, but who knows.

The GH said it wasn't picked up by the janitor, but I still haven't tracked it down. I guess there are fancier items I could have lost, but losing this one really sucks cause I did all the enchanting and ensorcelling myself and it took forever.

Vorpodu
05-30-2016, 09:17 AM
No it's a nice weapon to lose over some bullshit UI. If the person who has it doesn't return it well, may their mouth be filled with monkey feces in hell for eternity.

Alashir
05-30-2016, 10:46 AM
7x perfect lance - T5 ensorcelled. Originally crafted by Realia (sp?) I think and enchanted by Anemit.

Lost this while helping a friend do an heirloom search in the tunnel in the bowels. I'm not even sure how it happened...I looked back at the log and all I see is that I dropped the lance. I don't see that I typed DROP or PUT, but I dropped it somehow. I dropped it right before I hit go2, so I didn't even see that I'd dropped it till after I was done resting.

Aeronal just arrived.
>
Aeronal just went southwest.
>
>drag ane sw
You grab Anemit and drag him southwest with you...

Rivulets of brown murky water trickle down the slighty sloping floor, cutting tiny ruts into the soft muddy ground. The ceiling is covered with sickly grey mushrooms, all of them distorted and misshapen.
Also here: Anemit who is kneeling
Obvious exits: northeast, southeast, southwest
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>
>
Anemit put some blue lace agate earrings in his silk greatcloak.
>
Anemit removes a chipped fireleaf runestaff from in his silk greatcloak.
>
Anemit stands up.
>
Anemit just went northeast.
>
You drop a well-balanced sturdy vultite lance.
>
Your heightened awareness of your foes fades away.
>
[iSigils]>sigil of major bane
As you concentrate on your sigil, you become much more aware of your foes and the most vulnerable portions of their bodies.
>
[ Sigil of Major Bane: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
Your heightened awareness of your own vulnerabilities fades away.
>
[iSigils]>sigil of major protection
As you concentrate on your sigil, you become much more aware of vulnerable spots in your defenses.
>
[ Sigil of Major Protection: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
>;k
--- Lich: haste has exited.
>;k
--- Lich: iSigils has exited.
>;k
--- Lich: no scripts to kill
>;g trophy
--- Lich: go2 active.
[go2: ETA: 0:00:16 (70 rooms to move through)]
[go2]>northeast
A small rut running along the floor is filled with murky water, small ripples in the tiny pond fanning outward with every passing footfall. Odd reflections dance upon the surface of the water, the shapes distorted and abstract.
Obvious exits: southwest, northwest

There are so many ways to drop a weapon and I'm sorry you lost yours. I wish it wasn't so easy to lose anything let alone something you've spent that much time on. For example:

>get sceptre
You pick up a twisted bronze sceptre.
>put sceptre
You drop a twisted bronze sceptre.
>

If you accidentally forget to specify your backpack, there goes the item.

I once had a hound over in RR manuever attack and steal my 10x T5 shield from my hand without me realizing. It's impossible to notice something like that with mstrikes, flares, and spells going off all over the place. I'm not even sure Tgo's script would've noticed it. Anyway, a GM was able to tell me that it was still in the area and a player hadn't picked it up. It was bizarre because I had literally walked the entire area and failed to notice my shield on the ground. Maybe ten minutes later a mob showed up carrying said shield.

Anyway, I don't know if that's the case with your weapon or not. Hope you find it either way.

sentral
05-31-2016, 02:06 PM
I lost a knuckle blade in Castle Varunar over a year ago. The GM's said it wasnt with the janitor i stayed around while but never found it.

ApexDak
06-14-2016, 05:41 PM
That drag and drop interface is just the worst.

evasive1
08-26-2016, 10:16 AM
Did you ever find this?

And can someone fill me in as to why a GM wouldn't just go through some logs to verify you as the owner, hopefully registered, and be able to locate it on another character so that the returning process can be smoother and/or expedited?

I bet there's some kind of free-for-all clause, but come on. Some shit you just know wasn't intentionally discarded.