PDA

View Full Version : Mental mana control help with multicasting?

Tgo01
05-26-2016, 03:33 AM
Does mental mana control help monks with multicasting? I'm pretty positive it does but I would like to make sure.

Also does spirit mana control help as well? I just noticed they both cost the same amount for a monk so thought it was a hybrid thing.

If they both do help how does it work? Does every 25 ranks of MMC and SMC combined give 1 extra multicast or are they calculated separately, like every 25 ranks of MMC gives 1 and every 25 ranks of SMC gives 1?

drauz
05-26-2016, 03:40 AM
Does mental mana control help monks with multicasting? I'm pretty positive it does but I would like to make sure.

Also does spirit mana control help as well? I just noticed they both cost the same amount for a monk so thought it was a hybrid thing.

If they both do help how does it work? Does every 25 ranks of MMC and SMC combined give 1 extra multicast or are they calculated separately, like every 25 ranks of MMC gives 1 and every 25 ranks of SMC gives 1?

With the Mana Spellup ability, a caster can instantly selfcast all known standard duration, stacking buff spells (i.e., not Wall of Force (140) or Wizard Shield (919)) at zero mana cost for a single cast. This ability may be used once per day for every 25 ranks of their profession's primary Mana Control skill.
For hybrid professions like sorcerers (elemental/spiritual hybrid), both mana control skills add to the number uses per day. The higher trained of the two counts for full ranks, the lesser counts for half ranks. If both are equal, one counts fully, the other for half.

I didn't see if monks were considered hybrids I guess that would be something you would have to test.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/MANA_(verb)#Mana_Spellup

Tgo01
05-26-2016, 03:43 AM
With the Mana Spellup ability, a caster can instantly selfcast all known standard duration, stacking buff spells (i.e., not Wall of Force (140) or Wizard Shield (919)) at zero mana cost for a single cast. This ability may be used once per day for every 25 ranks of their profession's primary Mana Control skill.
For hybrid professions like sorcerers (elemental/spiritual hybrid), both mana control skills add to the number uses per day. The higher trained of the two counts for full ranks, the lesser counts for half ranks. If both are equal, one counts fully, the other for half.

I didn't see if monks were considered hybrids I guess that would be something you would have to test.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/MANA_(verb)#Mana_Spellup

Awesome, that clears up the bit about two mana controls.

Do monks gain the benefit from both mental mana control and spirit mana control? You must have the answer, drauz!

drauz
05-26-2016, 04:44 AM
Awesome, that clears up the bit about two mana controls.

Do monks gain the benefit from both mental mana control and spirit mana control? You must have the answer, drauz!

I've taught you how to fish, now its time to feed yourself!

Also I have no idea cause I didn't like playing a monk, to slow for me.

drauz
05-26-2016, 04:52 AM
I've taught you how to fish, now its time to feed yourself!

Also I have no idea cause I didn't like playing a monk, to slow for me.

Just tested on the test server with my wizard and ranks of spirit and mental lore didn't add to my spellup count.

Soulance
05-26-2016, 07:59 AM
I remember something with my Sorc having both EMC and SMC. It was something like one counted as half for the other.

Buuuut, I should have read what drauz wrote - said it up there.

Allereli
05-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Monks are squares

Furryrat
05-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Multicast mechanics are based upon the sphere of the spell being cast. My empath has 45 MMC ranks, and no other mana control skill, which yields one mana spellup and 0 multicasts for all spiritual spells, but 1 multicast for empath spells. MMC should provide 1 multicast per 25 ranks for monks according to these mechanics.

Tgo01
05-26-2016, 02:38 PM
I decided to go ahead and test it on my monk on the test server and here be the results.

With 41 MMC ranks I had 2 minor mental multi casts and 1 minor spirit.

With 41 MMC and 41 SMC I had 3 minor mental multi casts and 3 minor spirit.

41 MMC and 41 EMC I had 2 minor menetal multi casts and 1 minor spirit.

With 41 MMC, SMC, and EMC I had 3 minor mental and minor spirit multi casts.

So it appears EMC does nothing in regards to monk's multi casts, which makes sense and everyone probably already knew.

MMC counts full ranks for minor mental spells and .5 ranks for minor spirit spells.

SMC counts full ranks for minor spirit spells and .5 ranks for minor mental spells.

Thanks everyone.