PDA

View Full Version : Overbooking problem for Wavedancer 1, Tickets for 2 selling soon

Revalos
11-24-2004, 06:17 PM
Here's the post and a link:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=9&topic=20&message =178

Alrighty, we have two relatively minor problems related to the cruise, and I wanted to explain the plan that we devised to solve them to give you all a chance to comment.

FIRST CLASS OVERBOOKED

Yes, we overbooked first class (by double.) We had a typo in our spreadsheets that wasn't caught and we carried incorrect numbers over into the ticket sales.

We are concerned with this - not because of the shops, but because of the amount of merchant services. We only have so many GMs, and we can only expect them to work so much on each run before they pass out. ;)

As a solution, for this run we are going to cancel Second Class altogether. (Second class ticket holders, please don't panic until you've read the rest of this post.) The second class merchant concourse will still exist, and there will be merchants there. However, without 150 Second Class messengers there to use the services, the First Class should still be provided with the amount of service we desired for this tier. In fact, they should get more.

To the ten players who purchased second class tickets, we would like to offer them four options:
* Upgrade to First Class for this trip (pay the difference)
* Downgrade to Third Class for this trip (with a full refund - a free ticket)
* Transfer to Second Class on the second trip (see below.)
* Receive a full refund and don't attend the trip (though you might as well just accept the third class ticket if this is your choice.)

We do apologize for the inconvenience to you folks, but this was the best way we could resolve the problem, and we hope that the options provided make it up to you.

SOLD OUT TICKETS

There are a number of folks unhappy that we sold our tickets so quickly. We do apologize for this. We simply didn't anticipate that there would be so much interest in the higher level tickets. In fact, we worried we'd be able to sell them at all. Live and learn!

To resolve the problem we have decided to take the risk and put a second cruise on sale for April 23rd - 30th, 2005. This is taking a bit of risk because we haven't yet proved that we can sell out the Third Class tickets, but we're going to take it so that more people have a chance to get the tickets they desire. The tickets will be priced at the Holiday special rate until December 31st.

The tickets will go on sale today at 9PM Eastern.

We hope that this plan helps resolve everyone's concerns.

Thank you all for your patience,

Melissa Meyer
Producer, GemStone IV

Meos
11-24-2004, 06:35 PM
LOL

What Melissa really meant to say.

"We had no idea you people are willing to part with your money, luckily we had this contigency plan incase your as easy to milk as we thought! Thanks!

:money signs apper in Melissa's eyes:

That alright, maybe they'll lower the basic subscripton prices if they keep makin all this money on merchant quests.

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by Meos]

Caiylania
11-24-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Revalos
* Downgrade to Third Class for this trip (with a full refund - a free ticket)

Should have bought that ticket. Damnit.

Snapp
11-24-2004, 07:08 PM
:yeahthat: My first thoughts too Caiy. :lol:

Skeeter
11-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Kick Ass!!

So the entire 2nd and 3rd floor will be shared by 125 people give or take?

Glad I impulse bought that 1st class ticket last night.

Wezas
11-24-2004, 08:43 PM
Oops, we overbooked by double.

I'm doubtful about the Spreadsheet Malfunction.

GSLeloo
11-24-2004, 08:47 PM
So wait a sec... tonight you can buy first class tickets or no?

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 08:57 PM
I bought mine last night and then they said they were sold out, so I was under the impression I had snapped up the last one.

Same old Simu. :lol:

-K

Shari
11-24-2004, 10:43 PM
:lol2:

iohova
11-24-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Meos
That alright, maybe they'll lower the basic subscripton prices if they keep makin all this money on merchant quests.

:lol:
we are talking about simu here ;)

Axhinde
11-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Hmm...overbooked by double? And yet...

To those TEN who purchased the less expensive ticket....

So, they overbooked and yet, instead of refunding all the overbooked tickets...they keep them...and 10 lucky winners have an option of upgrading, or downgrading free to the double booked run, with an even less chance of GM work.

The first run seems pretty crushed, I doubt being overbooked truly means that 10 people have to upgrade/downgrade. Why only 10? What, they only had 20 tickets available? Is there some math I'm not getting?

Caiylania
11-25-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Axhinde
Hmm...overbooked by double? And yet...

To those TEN who purchased the less expensive ticket....

So, they overbooked and yet, instead of refunding all the overbooked tickets...they keep them...and 10 lucky winners have an option of upgrading, or downgrading free to the double booked run, with an even less chance of GM work.

The first run seems pretty crushed, I doubt being overbooked truly means that 10 people have to upgrade/downgrade. Why only 10? What, they only had 20 tickets available? Is there some math I'm not getting?

The overbooked Firstclass so got rid of secondclass. All secondclass people get their money back if they go third or will pay the difference if they go first, or can wait for the next voyage.