PDA

View Full Version : postcap training

Shabar Shabaz
05-22-2016, 12:29 PM
what the hell do i do now? more spell training for better DS? perception so i can do bandits?

also, my character refuses to heal 99% of the time so i don't care about transformation lore.

Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 403 303
Arcane Symbols.....................| 201 101
Magic Item Use.....................| 201 101
Spell Aiming.......................| 208 108
Harness Power......................| 201 101
Spirit Mana Control................| 201 101
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 165 65
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 132 36
Perception.........................| 90 20
Climbing...........................| 147 47
Swimming...........................| 90 20

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 67

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 67

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 166

Gnomad
05-22-2016, 12:45 PM
The Empath things that jump out at me are:

Telepathy lore to boost the new and really good 1117 so you can fight swarms better. 55 ranks will give you a 70% propagation rate.

Mental Mana Control for mana regen, increasing the number of targets you can hit and link with 1117, and boosting 1110 if you use it.

Speaking of spell aim, MOC for 111 if you use it (each rank guarantees another target hit with the splash)

Manipulation Lore for instant 1115 kills, but I like telepathy more these days.

zennsunni
05-22-2016, 02:12 PM
You could start the long, brutal process of CM.

mgoddess
05-22-2016, 03:15 PM
Personal opinion, as someone who's only empath is only level 33:

Double up your spell aiming, so 1110 and 111 can be used (easier).
Mental mana control, for better mana regen, more uses of mana spellup, mana pulse, etc.
More harness power, for more mana in general.
More perception for better bandits and defensive purposes.
Mental lores (as stated above, telepathy & manipulation), for better offensive spells.

Given your current spell-spread, you can't train any more in spells, but you could move some around. I wouldn't suggest it, unless you plan on bolting more, and CS-casting less, though. I'm pretty sure the 166/67/67 spread is the normal for best CS in the circle of casting choice.

Again, though, this is coming from someone who's highest caster in general is 33. I probably don't know all that much, given that.

Jeril
05-22-2016, 05:41 PM
You can get 3 more spell ranks, I'd toss those in MnS. Doing dodge, cman, and perception will all help you survive better. I'd suggest that order because while dodge is a slog that extra 75 DS can come in handy. If you like your survive rate just fine adding to your offensive abilities never hurts. You can max HP, max spell aim, max out your lores. Kind of depends on what area of your character you want to work on exactly. Maybe pick up 3x first aid and some trading. Sky is the limit!

khorpulent
05-31-2016, 01:52 PM
With your current training, you might as well make maxing out spell aiming your first goal. Seems like spell aiming is an all or nothing sort of thing on a pure -- if it were me, I'd fixskills and give up a few spell ranks to do 2x in spell aiming. It might cost you 5 CS to go all the way to 2x SA, but then you could just get those spell ranks back as you go.

You could alternatively just get rid of SA and put the points into defensive stuff like Jeril mentioned, or put it into summoning lore if you want more firepower. The 4th cycle of Wither is well worth the points in summoning lore to me, as it does high damage like the 3rd cycle does. My empath is at 10.8m exp and hasn't put any points at all into cman or dodge. I feel durable enough with my PF training.

Here's my training at 10.8m exp, for what it's worth. I ran out of enhancive pauses, so there's some random extra skills from enhancives:

Ibbo (at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 358 258
Arcane Symbols.....................| 200 100
Magic Item Use.....................| 200 100
Spell Aiming.......................| 307 207
Harness Power......................| 206 106
Mental Mana Control................| 102 24
Spirit Mana Control................| 200 100
Elemental Lore - Air...............| 5 1
Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 3 0
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 165 65
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 180 80
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 96 22
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 157 57
Survival...........................| 197 97
Disarming Traps....................| 2 0
Perception.........................| 200 100
Climbing...........................| 145 45
Swimming...........................| 165 65
First Aid..........................| 313 213
Trading............................| 148 48

Spell Lists
Major Spiritual....................| 60

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 40

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 162

I'm probably about to ditch the transformation lore, now that healing RT has apparently changed, but I haven't decided for sure. I really appreciate the extra use of 1150, but I'm not sure it's really worth the points.