PDA

View Full Version : Storms of Fortune: Secrets of the Wavedancer

StrayRogue
11-23-2004, 08:40 PM
With swift winds and wide sails, the beautiful ship Wavedancer sets off on a marvelous trip between the western side of Elanith and the eastern side of the continent! See the Southron Wastes, a realm so desolate and full of such dangers that no one dares to live there except the Grot'karesh! Hear the song of a mermaid, or the whistle of a ghost on the wind! The merchants are many, the dice tables are open, there's a rose on your pillow for lovers and a mint for those who aren't... and there are a thousand secrets to be uncovered.

Storms of Fortune: Secrets of the Wavedancer is the first chapter in a multi-part series of quests revolving around the Wavedancer Sail-powered Cruise ship. Much like the Dhu Gillywack, the Wavedancer includes both Quests and Shops/Merchant Services. However, it introduces a new tiered pricing structure which allows players to select their experience level.

>This is a special holiday presale release. These tickets are all discounted 10% on the final price. Listed price is the discounted rate.<

More Information: https://www.play.net/gs4/quests/info/wavedancer2005/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRUISE DATES
Maiden Voyage: March 25 - April 1, 2005

Depending on the success of this first venture, we may elect to have additions runs of this cruise. Check back for more information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHOPS AND MERCHANT SERVICES
Among many other amenities, the Wavedancer includes over 100 shops and matching merchant services. Some shops and merchant services are restricted to specific pricing tiers.

Shops will be available for a full week. However, the majority of merchant services will only be available on the opening weekend of the event.

QUESTS
Storms of Fortune: Secrets of the Wavedancer includes two major scheduled quests (on Saturday night and Sunday night) and a handful of small automated mini-quests which (with a couple of restrictions) may be enjoyed at any time.

TIERED PRICING STRUCTURE
This Quest includes four pricing tiers. The lowest level tier (the Third Class ticket) will include an "Ebon Gate Festival" level of merchant services and shops. But will also include the various quests. The Second and First Class Tickets are higher and lower end varients on par with the Dhu Gillywack in terms of personalized service. Of course, the amenities offered at each tiered are increased according to price. Finally, the Stateroom ticket will offer an unprecidented amount of personal service.

This quest features the most EXPENSIVE prices I've ever seen. Nice one to Ardwen for nabbing the uber class ticket.

Dhuul
11-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Is that link working for anyone?

StrayRogue
11-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Stupid formatting. Go through the webpage.

Nilandia
11-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Stateroom, baby!

Nilandia

StrayRogue
11-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Lucky be-atch

peam
11-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I don't even have an account. How much does each tier run?

Ardwen
11-23-2004, 08:58 PM
tickets are from 40ish to 360ish Peam

Ardwen

Dhuul
11-23-2004, 09:02 PM
$360 for a text-game event?

Can we join together here folks and not support this bullshit? $30 for Ebon's was steep, but we paid it. They're now just trying to milk us for what we're worth.

Izalude
11-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Not going to happen... They list an outrageous price for an event, and people will pay it.

Marl
11-23-2004, 09:07 PM
About In-room Merchant Services
Around 10 merchants will visit each Stateroom Suite to provide each occupant with one service. The merchant arrival will be scheduled in advance (between the hours of noon and 6pm eastern) so that the occupants can make sure to be available for the merchant's arrival. Please check back for a finalized schedule.

damn sweet!

Axhinde
11-23-2004, 09:08 PM
$360 is out of control though. Ok, so you have access to shops that only those who fork over thr $360 have, as well as every other shop on the ship. 10 in-room merchants, well damn, that's fucking sweet, but $360? I could see getting 4 friends together and splitting the room, even then it's a good 90 bones, and the 10 merchants would be divided up evenly I guess. I don't know...I really can't see the worth in it...others can perhaps.

Dhuul
11-23-2004, 09:09 PM
Even 10 alters isn't worth $360. Even paying $15 per, that's 24m.

If by "services" they mean padding or weighting or enchanting...maybe.

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by Dhuul]

Marl
11-23-2004, 09:10 PM
wonder if the 10 merchants are padding/enchants/flares/weighting etc at least a few have to be at that price, then it may be worth it figuring on the $15 per million you could make off of selling items you get done

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-23-2004, 09:10 PM
I heard the mint on the pillows in the staterooms is a permanent stat increaser.

Dhuul
11-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Ok I posted a complaint on the official boards, Discussions with Simutronics, the bad...

Currently awaiting oblique flames from GameMasters, and direct ones from brownnosers.

Betheny
11-23-2004, 09:26 PM
i'm going first class... stateroom though? Ugh.

StrayRogue
11-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I can afford to pay the price for the services *shrug*. I expect those that can't will moan, and I'm sure the GMs and others will be as equally expectant too.

Drew2
11-23-2004, 09:31 PM
1 Ardwen Ydwenson 11/23/2004 Empath 0

rofl.

Stunseed
11-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Jolena and I are going First Class, as of now. Hope to some folks there.

Skeeter
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM
holy fuck the staterooms are all sold out
were they really $360

Latrinsorm
11-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Dhuul reminds me of Dee Snyder.

$360 is still pretty staggering, though.

Eiderfleur
11-23-2004, 09:35 PM
I booked a double ticket without waking my fiance up to ask him heh.

Hope he doesn't get mad, though considering the fun we had at Ebon Gate and that we were discussing going on the next Dhu I doubt he will. :)

Really hope there is an enchanter there. :) :) :)

StrayRogue
11-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Dhuul reminds me of Dee Snyder.

$360 is still pretty staggering, though.

Agreed. First he was whining about Paladins "never going to be released on time" then this.

Betheny
11-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I should have booked a double ticket. with my luck, I'm going to get fucking roomed with Teeoncy.

Stunseed
11-23-2004, 09:39 PM
I'd like to see a Padding merchant, myself.

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by Stunseed]

Marl
11-23-2004, 09:40 PM
shit just got the ok to buy a stateroom, and they are sold out BAH

Dhuul
11-23-2004, 09:40 PM
You bastards are selling out? Well, we're not going to take it. Me and Arnold will fight the power.

Skeeter
11-23-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I should have booked a double ticket. with my luck, I'm going to get fucking roomed with Teeoncy.

Nah...just Toy
On the bright side, you could play swing the monkey-thing by the tail.

Stunseed
11-23-2004, 09:49 PM
< You bastards are selling out? >

I didn't see you trying to bring down the man sitting your bitch ass in line at merchants at EG, either.

Betheny
11-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Skeeter

Nah...just Toy
On the bright side, you could play swing the monkey-thing by the tail.

I swear to fucking God if she SCREECHES in my presence, I'm going to take turns shoving oddly shaped objects up her ass to see what other kind of noises she can make.

Skeeter
11-23-2004, 09:56 PM
:lolwave:

That is SO HOT!

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by Skeeter]

Dhuul
11-23-2004, 09:57 PM
EG I thought was reasonable. $30 for 3 alters and access to other merchants. This cruise or whatever...it's just not cool.

* Edit * Don't make me work, my job in this folder is just to look good damnit.

[Edited on 11-25-2004 by AnticorRifling]

Nilandia
11-23-2004, 10:03 PM
The 360 is actually for 2 people. Double occupancy ticket. I bought a single ticket for a little over 200. Rooming with Cleodelia, who has given me permission to hold parties, so anyone's welcome to come, long as you bring the booze!

Nilandia

Numbers
11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
$360 is slightly absurd for a text-based game. That's only $120 less than a full YEAR of premium. It's double the cost of a full year of basic.

But meh, it's obviously wanted, as people bought it. It's their money, they can do what they want with it. Different strokes for different folks. One man's waste of money is another man's bargain, after all.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Gotta have a hobby.

Pulpit
11-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah I think its a little crazy for someone to fork out that much loot for a merchant event but its there money they can do what they want.either way looks like simu
is going to make a nice chunk of change from this wonder if there is going to be a price increase this coming year?

Numbers
11-23-2004, 10:20 PM
I just hope that Simu takes the money they earn from this event and either: give bonuses to the deserving GM's, or puts it into hiring new GM's.

They better as hell not pump the funds into the distaster that Hero's Journey will become.

Betheny
11-23-2004, 10:23 PM
I probably would have forked out that kind of money if I had it spare. It'd be worth it to save myself the frustration of dealing with fuckhead merchant whores.

Eiderfleur
11-23-2004, 10:27 PM
QUICK! Delete this post before Warmerchantwhorehm sees! God! Someone hurry the fuck up and buy out all the tickets!!!!

Methais
11-23-2004, 10:35 PM
<<I heard the mint on the pillows in the staterooms is a permanent stat increaser.>>

I heard that when you unwrap the mint, on the inside of the wrapper it says:

There appears to be something written on the inside of the wrapper.

>read wrapper

It reads:

DEAR CUSTOMER.
We at Simutronics would like to thank you for your patronage and stupidity. As a token of our appreciation, we will be mailing you a free high powered cactus dildo to your home address, with a personalized thank you note from David Whatley for allowing us to severely assrape you.

Betheny
11-23-2004, 10:37 PM
it probably increases a stat you don't need, like. +1 constitution. WOO.

Unless it's an extreme amount of padding it is stupid. I was able to get all my gear altered at the Artisans' Fest for only $80. Fuck $360.

- Arkans

Darnell
hey Meth, you forgot to mention the complimentary Spoon give out to everyone who buys a ticket so everyone is well equiped for the Dropping of the spoons event.

D

"Flip Out"

Betheny
11-23-2004, 10:38 PM
for 360 dollars I hope you get your own personal GM-run concubine.

Eiderfleur
11-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Methais
<<I heard the mint on the pillows in the staterooms is a permanent stat increaser.>>

I heard that when you unwrap the mint, on the inside of the wrapper it says:

There appears to be something written on the inside of the wrapper.

>read wrapper

It reads:

DEAR CUSTOMER.
We at Simutronics would like to thank you for your patronage and stupidity. As a token of our appreciation, we will be mailing you a free high powered cactus dildo to your home address, with a personalized thank you note from David Whatley for allowing us to severely assrape you.

LOLOLOLOLOL

And a giant rolaren telching spoon!

Betheny
11-23-2004, 10:41 PM
btw, marluxian is pussy whipped.

Methais
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
<<for 360 dollars I hope you get your own personal GM-run concubine.>>

And a blowjob from Melissa.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Awe, I feel bad now.

Wait, no I don't.

Betheny
11-23-2004, 10:46 PM

Um... I'd actually prefer Despil.

Marl
11-23-2004, 10:55 PM

jeez no one was supposed to notice!:no:

Betheny
11-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Marluxian

jeez no one was supposed to notice!:no:

It's my job to notice.

Marl
11-23-2004, 10:58 PM
[i]Originally posted by Maimara

It's my job to notice.

you're fired!

kheldarin
11-23-2004, 11:14 PM

I'M SIGNING UP RIGHT NOW!

Nilandia
11-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Too late. They've been sold out.

Nilandia

iohova
11-24-2004, 12:43 AM

she better be good, and she better swallow!

Revalos
11-24-2004, 12:59 AM
I am dumbfounded that folks have this kind of cash to throw at this.

I am equally dumbfounded that Ardwen still has things that haven't been altered.

I am beyond dumbfounded that they never thought of this kind of thing before, I think they could have made it an all stateroom voyage at $200 bucks a pop and still sold out.

Anyone want to place bets that we might see someone selling access to one of the stateroom characters?

Kaishaku
11-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Just code it, 20 bucks per alter off the main website.

Would save so much time and effort to wrap pretty little bullshit RP around it.

Shari
11-24-2004, 01:47 AM
Sweet mother of Jesus fucking Christ that is a lot of money to pay for some electronic text.

I consider GS one of my number one hobbies, but this is just over the top. For 360 or whatever fucking amount that is I could buy a shitload of decent clothes on, hell...I'd rather blow that kind of money on a nice piece of jewelry from Tiffany's, even.

I haven't checked the website yet for the lower teirs but there is no way in this lifetime would I spend that kind of money.

Izalude
11-24-2004, 02:05 AM
I pay $360 to sit through hours upon hours of watching selfish merchant whores go at it... Build more frustration... For what...? $360 can get me a plane ticket to visit some friends for a weekend, which actually I'll have more fun doing than depriving myself of sleep for the off chance that I could get a special item in text based fantasy world.

Honestly, however... I have a funny feeling for all of you who are hoping for a Padding or Enchanter merchant that you're all going to be disappointed. If there is an enchanter, he's not going to work on flaring, padded, or weighted items, nor will this enchanter do anything over 7x.

If you think this merchant will be worth it with basic services like that, then by all means... Sign up. But I wouldn't go based on the fact that I *may* have the off chance of getting something padded.

Stunseed
11-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Naw, I'm going and taking Jolena because I enjoy going to the events and seeing people I normally wouldn't see.

A person can dream about a Padding merchant, though. Worst part is, I'd prolly give up my slot to pad Jolena's further.

IntegraC
11-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Seeing how I have a bum normal subscription and I can't see prices, anyone know what 1st, 2nd and 3rd single tickets are?

Stunseed
11-24-2004, 02:36 AM
1st is 75 bucks. I paid 142.78 combined for mine and Jolena's. The rest I dunno, but it's on the website.

Nakiro
11-24-2004, 03:03 AM
If they have sold out already, I'm sure they'll set another voyage in the distant future with higher prices.

I hope everyone who bought the expensive tickets don't get screwed!

Just remember, their idea of a good benifit to long term premium players is an attuned set of somewhat damage padded armor of your choice.

I wouldn't put much worth into being satisfied.... but best of luck anyway!

Drew2
11-24-2004, 03:04 AM
This is like a pre-sale, from what I gather. I'm sure they'll release more slots for the good tickets sometime later. Maybe only a couple though.

Drew
11-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Yeah, imagine if the padder (if one shows up) for the statesmen will do somewhat damage padding for armour classes brig and lower. That'd be precious.

On the other hand, maybe Stovel will show up and everyone will rejoice.

Drew2
11-24-2004, 03:18 AM
Everyone who sucks at Halo 2 talk about padding.

OH LOOK DREW WINS.

Meos
11-24-2004, 03:38 AM
how do you know you have too much money?

you spend 360 dollars on a text game merchant.

Shari
11-24-2004, 04:11 AM
Meos, your avatar makes me laugh, and shiver at the same time.

TheRoseLady
11-24-2004, 07:15 AM
There are people who go to Vegas and blow 360 bucks in 10 minutes. There are people who will pay 360 bucks at a weekend festival. Ever gone to a pro sporting event?

I know that people do consider that others spending 360 for two tickets to be excessive, but I consider going out on Friday night and spending 40 bucks (maybe that's low) on alcohol while looking for a piece of ass to be a waste.

Just because it's a "text based game" doesn't mean that those who spent the money are just a bunch of losers with a lot of money to burn, they just choose to spend their entertainment dollars in a different manner.

Jealous? You bet. There's no way my husband would okay a charge for 360.00 bucks for a weekend in GS.

I hope that they get a lot of good services for the cash.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Personally, I get tired of hearing the same old rants about expensive stuff in GS every time they run an outrageously priced event. Simu is a business, and businesses provide services to customers. You, the player, are a customer. The more money you're willing to spend, the more you get from the business. You wouldn't write Michael Kors and tell him that you're sick of seeing his overpriced twinsets when you can only afford the ones at Target, would you?

Same goes for the blasting of the people who want to spend a lot of money on these events. Who cares? It's their money. If stuff like this hampers your enjoyment of the game that much, maybe you should seek other hobbies and forms of entertainment.

-K

Ilvane
11-24-2004, 07:30 AM
Honestly, that price is disgusting. I don't care how private the merchants are.

heh..I'm already consolidating accounts..nevermind spending over 200 dollars on a merchant 'cruise'. The only redeeming factor for me is seeing the Southron Wastes.

I might do a cheapie ticket to see that.

-A

Pallon
11-24-2004, 07:50 AM
I don't know which is more insane, the fact that they thought people would pay $360, of the fact that they were right

I feel like a shithead for impulsively buying a first class ticket though. I hope they at least come up with some good stuff for the shops and don't make it completely alter-centric.

Nieninque
11-24-2004, 07:58 AM
I was too late for the first class tickets :(

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-24-2004, 08:23 AM
1) the 360 is for 2 people
2) Thats about 24m in coins on ebay
3) You are right, its a text game. Most of us here play it.
4) I have the money, so why not?
5) I haven't figured out who'll be my stateroom mate, who wants to go?

StrayRogue
11-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Its not much, especially when those with sense already pay for their events with money they've made in game. For that matter, I'm still selling 6 million ;)

Nieninque
11-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

Me!!!!!!!

AnticorRifling
11-24-2004, 08:31 AM
1) the 360 is for 2 people
2) Thats about 24m in coins on ebay
3) You are right, its a text game. Most of us here play it.
4) I have the money, so why not?

I think letting me go would just about cover all the emotional damage I've recieved from you when you sold me a 25k harness for 250k and then skipped out with my coins!!!11!

Actually I think it's cool, if I had the money I'd be going but Christmas is coming up, that and I'm married and I'm not allowed to spend anything ever because me having fun is somehow against my wedding vows.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 08:53 AM
LOL. I bought a first-class single ticket, though I wish there were double tickets left for first class so I could have someone I knew for a roomate. Perusing the list, hopefully I get paired with Maimara or Chica :heart:

-K

Caiylania
11-24-2004, 08:56 AM
If I could afford it I'd go for the stateroom. Just because I'd have a blast. Have fun!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-24-2004, 09:42 AM
I've decided to take my heterosexual life partner Rhys.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Hopefully your life partner ponied up some dough:P

-K

Czeska
11-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Ways for them to get even MORE people to buy staterooms:

1. Let you transport to 4winds from your room at will (so you can get to a bank, or whatever, and not be stuck on the boat for a week)

2. Put lockers in the staterooms.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 10:44 AM
Heh. Lockers are a huge issue for me. I actually wrote Tigermist once and told her that I'd pay $10 extra a month for a 200-item locker. I would, too.

-K

Izalude
11-24-2004, 10:45 AM
It'd be nice if adding even more locker space was a potential long term premium benefit. I'd go for that too.

Parkbandit
11-24-2004, 11:04 AM

Somewhere Rhys just grimaced when you referred to him as that.

Raven_X
11-24-2004, 11:28 AM
All I gotta say is kudo's to those of you with the money to spend on such an event with the holiday season coming up, I hope you have fun and I hope the price is worth it, I'd also like the number of your investment banker. :)

now having said that

ahem

cough

What kind of no life no friends no nothing uber nerd spends this much money on a damn text game. Suppose you paid 360 and one half is taken care of by whoever you're going with. That's 180, that's clothes, weed, party favour, an eightball, a weeks food for a family of four or more, a relatively cheap stripper who does a little something something on the side, etc etc etc. If you have a girlfriend or boyfriend (in real life, not game you tossers) I hope they laugh at you. If you have a wife/hubby I hope to god they choose not to breed with you.

Yall are like a beaten up prisoner who at first didn't like the ass rapin but as long as big ol bubba gets you some extra steakums during lunch you don't mind.

jealous? a little, yeah. but mostly because I wish I had the money like that to throw around, not to spend on some slowly dying mudd format game run by a company that could give two shits about it's player base.

But hey if you're happy, more power to ya :)

DeV
11-24-2004, 11:34 AM
:rofl: Tell us how you really feel.

AnticorRifling
11-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Raven_X
All I gotta say is kudo's to those of you with the money to spend on such an event with the holiday season coming up, I hope you have fun and I hope the price is worth it, I'd also like the number of your investment banker. :)

now having said that

ahem

cough

What kind of no life no friends no nothing uber nerd spends this much money on a damn text game. Suppose you paid 360 and one half is taken care of by whoever you're going with. That's 180, that's clothes, weed, party favour, an eightball, a weeks food for a family of four or more, a relatively cheap stripper who does a little something something on the side, etc etc etc. If you have a girlfriend or boyfriend (in real life, not game you tossers) I hope they laugh at you. If you have a wife/hubby I hope to god they choose not to breed with you.

Yall are like a beaten up prisoner who at first didn't like the ass rapin but as long as big ol bubba gets you some extra steakums during lunch you don't mind.

jealous? a little, yeah. but mostly because I wish I had the money like that to throw around, not to spend on some slowly dying mudd format game run by a company that could give two shits about it's player base.

But hey if you're happy, more power to ya :)

Translated:

I get really mad when I people spending THEIR money on THEIR hobby and actually being happy. I've never seen drugs or a person of the opposite sex naked. I like to type like meth but I use the shift key once and awhile. Please love me for my anger because it's my best, if not only, quality.

Jay
11-24-2004, 11:56 AM
An unnamed source has confirmed that these are the 10 special merchants that suite owners get.

1. A sandal alterer.

2. A polearm lightener.

3. A custom mouthwash maker.

4. A drunk that just vomits on your stuff.

5. A feature alterer that just works on noses.

6. A merchant that customizes windows for Premium homes by winterizing them to make them triple-paned.

7. An unscripted walking stick maker.

8. A guy that adds a "twirl" script to bowties.

9. A merchant who lets you pick an additional after-title from a list of either "Floozy", "Gullible", "Incontinent" or "Whippersnapper".

and the creme da la creme...

10. A guy that brings you an EXTRA mint!

Stunseed
11-24-2004, 11:57 AM
< All I gotta say is kudo's to those of you with the money to spend on such an event with the holiday season coming up >

The event is in March, if you can't save up X amount of dollars to compensate for what you've spent now to get in the event, then you have issues.

< If you have a girlfriend or boyfriend (in real life, not game you tossers) I hope they laugh at you. >

The way you talk about Bubba, I'd imagine you don't have anyone special in your life, either. Unless Bubba traded a carton of smokes to tattoo his name on the small of your back.

< jealous? a little, yeah. >

Don't worry little buddy, your voice will get deeper and you'll stop wetting the bed soon enough.

Welcome to the PC.

Raven_X
11-24-2004, 11:57 AM
[Edited on 11-24-2004 by Raven_X]

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Translated:

I get really mad when I people spending THEIR money on THEIR hobby and actually being happy. I've never seen drugs or a person of the opposite sex naked. I like to type like meth but I use the shift key once and awhile. Please love me for my anger because it's my best, if not only, quality.

I know you love to hear this, Anticor. You are right.

What the fuck is wrong with people that don't have anything better to do but worry about how OTHER people spend their money?

-K

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-24-2004, 11:59 AM
I'll buy you stuff for a nominal fee Raven_X.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 12:01 PM
I'll buy you stuff for a nominal fee Raven_X.

Before you do, make sure you make fun of him and tell him what else the fee could've gone to.

-K

AnticorRifling
11-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Jay
An unnamed source has confirmed that these are the 10 special merchants that suite owners get.

2. A polearm lightener.

You list this like it's a bad thing.

Parkbandit
11-24-2004, 12:09 PM

What kind of no life no friends no nothing uber nerd spends this much money on a damn text game. Suppose you paid 360 and one half is taken care of by whoever you're going with. That's 180, that's clothes, weed, party favour, an eightball, a weeks food for a family of four or more, a relatively cheap stripper who does a little something something on the side, etc etc etc.

I think I found your problem within your own post. Perhaps you are spending your money on "weed, party favour, eightballs and strippers". Perhaps if you budgetted your money and didn't have to pay for sex.. you too could afford this merchant.

$180 is less than $.50 per day for a year. I'm not sure I know too many people that cannot afford $.50 a day to do something they enjoyed. Perhaps this isn't your cup of tea.. but obviously if it's already sold out.. it's someone's.

It's relatively simple.. if you don't believe it's worth $180.00.. THEN DO NOT PAY IT. How fucking hard is that for you to understand?

AlahnnaDenale
11-24-2004, 12:11 PM
I officially hate Methais for making me laugh out loud during class.

Raven_X
11-24-2004, 12:14 PM

hectomaner
11-24-2004, 12:20 PM
:( this is my first week of school. no fun for me

Stunseed
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
< What I do care about is those of us who can't pay for such things. >

I'm sorry your life is so rough. But to be honest, you need to care about yourself, and fuck the rest of it. If you can't afford it, why worry about it? If you want it so badly, flop whoppers part time, or in case you're not old enough to have a real job, scope out the old folks and do their handywork. I bet they'd paid you some money so they don't break a hip, etc.

I don't smoke weed, but do I call you a loser for using a drug to alter your mindstate into a lulled sense of happiness? Nope, that's not my place to judge what the fuck you do when you're not masturbating furiously.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 12:25 PM

Yeah, you would have been better served to do this to your initial post as well. Seriously, who cares how other people spend their money? If you're such a humanitarian that you care about the poor babies who can't afford it, then you should pull your internet connection immediately and use the money to feed a crack whore somewhere.

-K

Parkbandit
11-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Worrying about what people do with their own money isn't the point (directs his gaze to simu brown nosers). It's when paying said outrageous amounts gives simu the right to fuck over anyone else who can't make that level of commitment. I personally don't care about the event, the items, the cruise to strange lands, etc. What I do care about is those of us who can't pay for such things.

But I guess saying this is nothing new and always falls on deaf ears since no one seems to understand WE control gemstone NOT them.

This isn't socialism dingleberry... it's capitalism. In this type of system, there is always going to be haves and have nots. You cannot blame Simu for putting on this type of event. I know in my business.. I certainly try to get the most money I can possibly get for the goods I offer. Simu is doing the same exact thing.

If understanding a simple economic principle makes me a brown nose in your eyes.. so be it. Your inability to understand a simple economic principle makes you a dumbass in my eyes.. so I suppose somehow we are even.

Dhuul
11-24-2004, 12:30 PM
If we boycotted this one, we could get them to lower the price to something more reasonable, or host more free events like the Spitfire or Juggernaut.

Some people, merchant whores like Stunseed, are short-sighted would rather fuck over people who can't pay because they want a veil-iron bunny alter or some shit.

Parkbandit
11-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Dhuul
If we boycotted this one, we could get them to lower the price to something more reasonable, or host more free events like the Spitfire or Juggernaut.

Some people, merchant whores like Stunseed, are short-sighted would rather fuck over people who can't pay because they want a veil-iron bunny alter or some shit.

Sorry.. boycotts and black lists no longer work for a game with the size base Gemstone IV has. There will always be folks that simply believe that $360 is worth it to pay for an event like this.

Trinitis
11-24-2004, 12:36 PM
:lol:

If Stunseed is your vision of a merchant whore, you got an extremely skewed view on things.

Augie is a merchant whore. Toy is a merchant whore. Jolena and Stunseed are people who wonder over to merchants, and as long as no on bothers them, they don't say/do much, so the GM can work. They DON'T act like the Merchant is god and RP like a madman to get prizes.

Eiderfleur
11-24-2004, 12:39 PM
I don't get it.... If you don't like it don't go, don't critisize people who can afford and enjoy going to the events.

Ebon gate 2004 was my first ever merchant event, I had a blast! My fiance who has been playing for about six years had never paid for a merchant event till I convinced him to come to Ebon Gate 2004, I bought a double room ticket for this event simply because I enjoyed myself so much at Ebon Gate and want to have fun at this one too.

If you cannot afford a $350+ ticket then don't there are cheaper tickets you can buy if you so wish.

You aren't forced to attend, you aren't even forced to pay $12 per month or whatever the cheapest rate is for playing GS, if you don't like it you really don't have to do anything.

There are cheaper tickets available for those who want to attend the event. Besides the most expensive tickets are now all sold out so this argument is pointless.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 12:41 PM
How exactly is a person being "fucked over" if they can't afford this merchant? Are you telling me that getting 20938402 bodices and 298302934 skirts altered into more outfits for my character makes me somehow superior to you in-game? You get what you pay for, and you paid for a basic or premium subscription to the game. Does it work, can you play it? Yes. Want more? Pony up, 'cause Simu is a business, not your rich Uncle Milton.

-K

Stunseed
11-24-2004, 12:49 PM
< Jolena and Stunseed are people who wonder over to merchants, and as long as no on bothers them, they don't say/do much, so the GM can work. >

Alot of people refer to Stunseed as "the statue", because I simply don't talk unless it's in whispers.

And as far as fucking people over, Stunseed is a honest guy when it comes to merchanting. I made my money hunting and busting my ass. I'd rather fuck you then get fucked myself, Dhuul. You need to worry about your own punk ass and lay off the crusade.

Czeska
11-24-2004, 12:51 PM
I have to vote for the $180 for the event, if it's a toss up between that, and trashing my brain on coke or catching STDs :)

AnticorRifling
11-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Respect.

That being said, once more is known as to the what all can be done at this event I'll probably be looking for someone to get some work done for me if they have time. I would pay to go but I'm never around enough to warrant the price so I offer silvers for services IF the person is already done getting their stuff done. It's their event so I'm not going to impose. Unless Ardwen wants to get those leathers altered for me and then sell them to me for 12m then I'll impose Warclaidhm style.

Stunseed
11-24-2004, 01:00 PM

You know, I was going to let this pass with a short version, but I'm just going to let this fly.

Dhuul, you are nothing more than a hypocrit and a bitch ass punk. You whine and complain about pay events, when you paid the same money. You act like you're better than someone when in fact, I've had shits that impressed me more than your existance in life.

You act out and like to attack people, I invite you, fog to Stunseed and do something. You do it all the time now anyways, why not one more? And I like your sorry ass likes to chat to people and can't take the heat when they talk back.

NOW, as far as your first statement, they have to pay people to work as merchants, how much more do you want? When I was only paying 12.95 I still got a chance at work at public merchants. Your silly little idea of boycotting and "taking it to the man" is laughable, if you don't like it, don't play the game. Don't let the door hit your punk ass on the way out.

Meos
11-24-2004, 01:03 PM
I just don't know how many alters I could get for 360 or 180 bucks that would make me feel "it was worth it".

The handful of 30 dollar merchants I have been to were good for me because I follow the girls around that know what they're doing.

The point is I don't give a flyin fuck how you spend your money. I just think your getting ripped off.

DeV
11-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
not your rich Uncle Milton.

-K I have a rich uncle named Milton for real. :lol: Heart surgeon.

Back to the topic I honestly don't see why people choose to complain to the those who can afford to and choose to pay. If you can't afford it, complain to SIMU directly. What is the point of airing your frustration at people who are obviously in a better position than you financially. Simu needs your feedback, not those who have no problem with the cost.

Nilandia
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
I posted this on the official boards, and I'll put it over here, too, since it seems like it might apply.

<<But, I find it amusing enough those who got them is no surprise.. lke they need the services anyways.>>

So you're saying that I don't need services, hm? You're saying that because I put up $200 for a quest no one's ever been on, my money is therefore no good? Because I got lucky and got the last ticket, I don't need services?

Hate to break it to you, but if you're implying that I'm a merchant character or someone who's covered in alters or serviced items, I'll have to disappoint you. The vast majority of my items are neither, and I'm not a merchant in the least.

The highest enchant equipment I use is a 5x runestaff, and that's for my character in Plat. Everything else is 4x and lower. Few of them have been lightened/strengthened/fiddled with or whatever.

I pride myself in wearing few alters and that I scour the racks at merchants to find things that fit my characters and assemble outfits that *look* like alters, but aren't. I do have some alters, but they are on items that I use all the time, things that I always keep with me even when I change my clothes.

I never get services done because I want to sell the item. I have never sold an altered item, knowingly, in my life, nor have I ever sold anything for IRL money. I did buy silvers for IRL cash a few years ago, but that money is long gone, mostly spent on gifts for friends. I live on the money I make in game, which isn't much, considering I'm an empath who doesn't like hunting *or* healing.

I have approximately 30k in the bank right now, so I'll unfortunately have to start cash hunting, rather than RP as I love to do. It's because of the RP that I bought the ticket, as well as the adventure and experience of the cruise. In no way did I buy a stateroom ticket because I wanted to milk the promised merchants to sell the stuff I get. I'm not about that.

For the past few festivals, I've actually had pretty poor luck finding merchants. Where some people walked away from the Dhu with over 30 services, as an estimate, I had about 5 total. They were all very well done and on items that I cherish and use constantly. At Anfelt, I actually didn't get any work done at all, and I gave the ticket I won for an hour's worth of merchant time to a close friend of mine that I knew would be able to put it to good use.

I'm probably the anti-merchant in a number of ways. Still begrudge me my ticket?

Nilandia

Methais
11-24-2004, 01:30 PM
<<especially when those with sense already pay for their events with money they've made in game. For that matter, I'm still selling 6 million>>

To me, it's the principle of the whole thing. The way that people are letting Simu charge these outrageous ass raping prices for.

Even if I was a billionaire, I still wouldn't give Simu that kind of money for an in-game event, personalized merchants or not just based on principle. ESPECIALLY since most if not all of the GMs that actually created everything on this cruise and did all the work probably won't get paid jack shit (no Stunseed, they don't have to pay people to work as merchants. Please prove otherwise), as all the money will go into Whatley's wallet, which he'll likely dump into Hero's Journey (which I've heard he actually thinks he can run it with "free volunteer" GMs like GS, and still compete with all the 3D MMORPGs out there, but that's another topic, but shows how stupid he is if that rumor is true) instead of turning around and investing it into making GS a better game.

As long as Simu knows that people will never have the balls or WILLPOWER (something most of their customer base lacks) to stand up and say "Hey guys, enough is enough. Quit ripping us off.", they'll keep charging insane prices for shit like this. I really wouldn't be surprised to see a $1000 event within the next couple years.

It's not about whether I could afford it or not if I even wanted to go in the first place, it's the principle of the whole ass-fuck-the-customer-cause-they-like-to-be-ass-fucked matter.

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by Methais]

Trinitis
11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
My view on this event..

Would I like the things offered to a statroom person? Of course, It'd be a blast. I'd LOVE to go experience this with Kylie for the first time. But the joy that would bring is not in line with the price. $360 is way more then I'm willing to pay. The result? We sit this one out. :)

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Don't even bother, Nilandia. The people bitching about who got a ticket and who didn't just have severe issues. The problem is that their GS characters relate directly to the size of their egos and the amount of self-esteem they have to work with.

Sad, really.

-K

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
My view on this event..

Would I like the things offered to a statroom person? Of course, It'd be a blast. I'd LOVE to go experience this with Kylie for the first time. But the joy that would bring is not in line with the price. $360 is way more then I'm willing to pay. The result? We sit this one out. :)

Yess!! And without bitching about it like a child who didn't get a cookie! UNFREAKINGBELIEVEABLE. You make it look so easy.

-K

Dhuul
11-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Interesting, Stunseed, that minimally coherent barrage. I really don't understand why you to take me up on this issue, right now, just because I insulted the person who uses the ACT verb to give you a rimjob.

People can't pay for this shit, after the basic subscription price increase, the extra character price increase, and yes, after EG, which I thought was a reasonable event and worth it.

As someone on the official boards posted, Simu keeps re-releasing the same event over and over. There's a big, temporary area with merchants in it. Whoop-de-doo, they make us pay every year for the same thing? Were there any EG quests, other than typing DIG a hundred times?

I can pay for it, but I'm not going to. If we keep buying into the same thing over and over at a steadily increasing price, we'll keep getting gouged. They won't increase basic subscription fees, because they know you'll want to buy into 40 or 60 bucks of events because they will be the only places you can reasonably expect to get work done. I would have hoped more of you would have seen through that.

Nilandia
11-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Were there any EG quests, other than typing DIG a hundred times?
Yes. I was part of it. Don't forget the ghostly children.

Nilandia

Brattt8525
If Christmas was not so close, I would have paid the 360.00. I am debating on buying the first class double ticket, now or chance waiting to see if after Christmas they open up more tickets for the state room.

Trinitis
As someone on the official boards posted, Simu keeps re-releasing the same event over and over. There's a big, temporary area with merchants in it. Whoop-de-doo, they make us pay every year for the same thing? Were there any EG quests, other than typing DIG a hundred times?

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=10626

Don't speak from your ass. You normally get much more respect as a poster if you actually know what your talking about.

Nilandia
11-24-2004, 01:44 PM
For anyone who wishes, I'm willing to make runs to shops if you don't have access to the level or don't have a ticket. No charge.

Also, I'll be holding parties up in the Stateroom, with Cleo's permission of course, to any who wish to come. Provided you guys can get to it, of course. I do hope so. Wouldn't be any fun to have a Stateroom and be lonely.

Nilandia

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 01:47 PM
People can't pay for this shit.....

...Whoop-de-doo, they make us pay every year for the same thing?

...keep getting gouged...

Obviously some people CAN, because they did. Duh.

No one makes you pay for shit. You pay for a subscription if you WANT to play the game. You pay for a merchant event if it's worth your dollars. It's hardly a forced issue.

And lastly, have fun riding off on your little crusade to show Simu how it is. Not all of us care to join you as you whine in impotence about paying for merchant events.

-K

Betheny
11-24-2004, 01:52 PM
How do you find out who you're roomed with?

Nilandia
11-24-2004, 01:56 PM
How do you find out who you're roomed with?
Given that Cleodelia and I are the only female passengers with single Stateroom tickets, and the website said we're being paired with same-sex passengers, we know we're together.

Nilandia

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 01:56 PM
I wonder what will happen with the first-class single tickets if there's not 25 men and 25 women.

-K

edited to add: Or 20 women and 10 men, or some other number that allows for a perfect pairing.

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by SpunGirl]

Methais
11-24-2004, 01:57 PM
<<How do you find out who you're roomed with?>>

Send a self addressed stamped envelope, along with a check or money order for $25 to Simutronics. After a 2 month processing period, they will send you a list of people you MIGHT be possibly roomed with.

Betheny
11-24-2004, 02:00 PM
<<How do you find out who you're roomed with?>>

Send a self addressed stamped envelope, along with a check or money order for $25 to Simutronics. After a 2 month processing period, they will send you a list of people you MIGHT be possibly roomed with.

No.

Shari
11-24-2004, 02:11 PM
Out of curiosity, how much are the second and third class tickets? I'm not premium so I can't check that.

Betheny
11-24-2004, 02:11 PM
cheapest i saw was 40 bucks. single occupancy

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-24-2004, 02:13 PM
Everything beyond 3 is sold out.

# Starts on Showtime Tickets
1 03/25 09:30 PM (ET) $40.46
2 03/25 09:30 PM (ET) $72.82
3 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
4 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
5 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
6 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
7 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
8 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)

Betheny
11-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Really? Holy crap. Glad I got my first class when I did. Now I just have to beg off a conference in Seattle that weekend.

Shari
11-24-2004, 02:14 PM
Hmm...40 is realistic. 40 bucks will buy a nice pair of shoes, but 360 would buy me the Tiffany's ring I was eyeing....

Heh, if I do sign up, I'll be forced to take Jesae as Nalina wouldn't be caught dead in second or third class. :(

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
Hmm...40 is realistic. 40 bucks will buy a nice pair of shoes, but 360 would buy me the Tiffany's ring I was eyeing....

D00D. Off-topic, but I showed Jake the mesh silver Tiffany ring and told him that was a good Christmas present idea. He was like, "omg it's so ugly." Boys are dumb.

-K

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Everything beyond 3 is sold out.

# Starts on Showtime Tickets
1 03/25 09:30 PM (ET) $40.46
2 03/25 09:30 PM (ET) $72.82
3 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
4 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
5 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
6 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
7 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)
8 03/25 09:30 PM (ET)

Odd, when you look at the details for 3 and 4, it says "-4 tickets of 60" or "-6 tickets of 25". I think something is hosed up.

Betheny
11-24-2004, 02:19 PM
360 bucks for a ring? That would buy like... 5 NEW XBOX GAMES.

Trinitis
11-24-2004, 02:20 PM
360 bucks for a ring? That would buy like... 5 NEW XBOX GAMES.

Nerd :D

Shari
11-24-2004, 02:20 PM
The silver mesh ring is nice but it will be a bitch to clean when you have to, unless you have a way spiffy unltrasonic jewelry cleaner.

But maybe he was just saying that as a trick and will turn around and get it for you!

Okay, back on topic now, sorry for the interruption.

Shari
11-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Alright, screw it, I'm derailing this bastard!

5XBOX games wouldn't have the same resale value as the ring would though. ;)

Betheny
11-24-2004, 02:27 PM
You are so girly.

Only ring anybody ever gave me was my wedding/engagement ring. And we all know how that turned out.

SpunGirl
11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
The silver mesh ring is nice but it will be a bitch to clean when you have to, unless you have a way spiffy unltrasonic jewelry cleaner.

But maybe he was just saying that as a trick and will turn around and get it for you!

Okay, back on topic now, sorry for the interruption.

He's lucky I want the silver one and don't go in for the yellow gold. I also totally :heart: x 1000 and want stuff from the atlas collection, but they don't make that in sterling. :cry:

-K

PS If you get on AIM we can discuss this without derailing the thread and making Beth puke at girly-ness.

Stunseed
11-24-2004, 02:59 PM
Quotes from Dhuul's freedom-fighter post.

< People can't pay for this shit. >

Services aren't free in Elanthia. People who pay a basic price, get the basics of the game. You get to play it. I actually think Simu does more than enough for the basic subscriber. Merchants do come around, and they do offer free events. Not often, mind you, but it's more than the basic subscriber should expect.

< I can pay for it, but I'm not going to. If we keep buying into the same thing over and over at a steadily increasing price, we'll keep getting gouged. >

That's your right to decide what things are worth. It is also Simutronics' right to price events accordingly. People bitch and moan, and yet it's already close to sold out. I think it is a conclusion your thoughts are of the minority.

It's not a rule you must have alters in this game. It's a bonus and I think people should be more gracious at the fact they do have prime merchants. If you want more, pay for more, and be happy Simu actually gives you the chance occasionally at more.

[Edited on 11-24-2004 by Stunseed]

StrayRogue
11-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Stunseed
< People can't pay for this shit. >

< I can pay for it, but I'm not going to. If we keep buying into the same thing over and over at a steadily increasing price, we'll keep getting gouged. >

Well some people can pay for it and do pay for it. They don't see it as money per alter, they see it as a good time and a good investment spent on their hobby. I am one of these people. I'd spend similar amounts on a night out. Big deal.

The fact is that the majority of it has SOLD OUT, meaing there are plenty of like-minded people out there. If you don't like it, don't pay for it. But don't fucking moan about it.

Revalos
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Melissa has just drastically revamped the structure due to a clerical error that allowed the 1st class tickets to be doublesold.

I'm going to make a new topic because tickets for the second voyage with staterooms and all that will be sold in less than three hours at 9PM Eastern

11-24-2004, 06:20 PM
If I had the money to burn, I'd probably go.

- Arkans

Latrinsorm
11-24-2004, 06:48 PM
If we boycotted this oneThe first thing you'd have to do to make that work is unite the populace. Calling anyone who disagrees with you a short-sighted whore isn't the best way to start, but I guess we could be experiencing reality overlap with Bizarro Universe any time now.
Originally posted by Spungirl
Are you telling me that getting 20938402 bodices and 298302934 skirts altered into more outfits for my character makes me somehow superior to you in-game?I wish they'd put in a GS Walmart already so I could compete. :(
The silver mesh ring is nice but it will be a bitch to clean when you have toJewelry has to be cleaned? :?:

LadyLuck
11-26-2004, 01:14 AM
You know. There was a time when merchants mingled freely and frequently, unannounced. Just show up once a week or more in a spot and lent good will. Actually, those of you from old, know it was pretty common to interact with merchants and/or bored GMs (this is before even Hosts)... these days GMs are overworked and underpaid and too overworked and stressed as hell, most are in it for the heart. You don't get a GM less you do an assist that lends you to be referred to one, or on the annual GM House Opening when they show up and show their living quarters.

Granted, there a few (very few) who still do on the spot unannounced fun on their own time. Granted, moreso than not it's all about the $$$$ now. The first time I was ever picked for a merchant, after all my years in game, was twice in the past few months. When I was actually picked, for the first time recently, I was thrilled... and got something altered for a friend instead of me. Was first altar I didn't have to buy! And, I rarely have patience to sit and wait, hence, went so many years without personal alter. heh.

But it all boils down to the money. Simutronics is a business. If people can sell items and silvers for cash, which they've been doing for what... hrm... 5 or so years... why can't Simu sell items for cash as well? Kudos to their inventive ways to rope in the cash. But, count me out on this cruise. I'll wait another 8 years or so and win an alter random on my own, for free.

Methais
11-26-2004, 01:56 AM
Yep. Nothing good ever happens anymore unless you're buying a ticket to it with RL money. Dickheads.

Nieninque
11-26-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

If people can sell items and silvers for cash, which they've been doing for what... hrm... 5 or so years... why can't Simu sell items for cash as well?

Most sensible thing anyone has said on the whole selling events thing.

How many people bemoaning it have bought characters or silvers or stuff?

Eiderfleur
11-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Yah know.... I really don't see what the big deal is about buying tickets for this event.

Yesterday Klaser messaged me on AIM and was like OMG WTF you bought a first class ticket?!?!?!

And my reply was well.... I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, all the money I would have wasted on those three hobbies would be much much higher than the money I spent on buying a double room first class ticket on this event, something which myself and my fiance can both enjoy and get a giggle from doing so.

See my point?

He admitted that he did.

Why shouldn't I spend my money on this? would it be better for me to spend it on smoking or drinking? At least playing GS isn't gonna give me lung cancer or scirosis(sp) of the liver.

This is my vice and I enjoy it! :)

Sweets
11-26-2004, 09:39 AM
I was thinking the same thing as Jesae about my characters. I would have to bring in one of my less snotty gals since I would only go for the $40 ticket. Then I thought, wouldn't it be fun to roleplay snooty gal in third class. Whining, moaning, lying, trying to crash the Captain's table etc. I might buy a ticket just to do that.:lol:

She would crash the table...not crack it.

[Edited on 26/11/2004 by Sweets]

Hips
11-27-2004, 04:56 PM

Can one of you guys cram Michiko in a suitcase? I just found out about this thing and I'm too late for first-class for either voyage. :cry:

Varsus
11-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I think I found your problem within your own post. Perhaps you are spending your money on "weed, party favour, eightballs and strippers".

Why did I get brought into this conversation?

-Varsus (id pay it if I had it, but i would have to open my account back up first)

Jolena
11-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Disclaimer: this is a LONG post, don't read if you expect it to be short and sweet heh.

Well I spose I'm a bit late to the punch but I'm going to address Dhuul's various posts about Stunseed as well as a few other miscelaneous posts regarding 'merchant characters', 'merchant whores' and 'making the rest of us who can't pay those prices get dicked around' (not in so many words but I summed it up).

First off, Stunseed is the FARTHEST thing from a merchant whore that you can get to Dhuul. I believe the reason he decided to address your comments regarding the pay event was because you blatantly called him specifically a merchant whore who did not give a fuck about anyone else's thoughts on not wanting to pay the money for this event. That being said, it's very presumptuous of you to say that he doesn't care because honestly, he and I both agreed that no matter how much we might enjoy the game as our source of entertainment we would NOT pay 360 dollars for the tickets. Would we if we had the money to do so and it would not hinder our children's christmas and our bills being paid? Sure, most likely. However we don't and we are going first class instead, which I might add, is pretty much the same price we paid for the Dhu (which I saw noone really bitching about back then).

As far as attending these events, yes Stun and I do go to quite a few of them and yes we have paid RL money and quite a bit of it to do so. However we are not selling the items we have altered for profit nor do we go to merchants and beg, whine, moan, cause a ruckus for attention from said merchant, etc. THAT my dear is a merchant whore, not what you seem to think it is.

The majority of Jolena's items are altered including several gowns, sets of clothing and every single weapon she owns. Her armor is altered, her containers are altered, her jewelry is altered, all of it. Do I feel bad for that? hell no. I put in the time at those events and paid the money to get those things done. I actually USE those items and it falls very much into line with how Jolena conducts herself RP wise. My other characters have altered items as well and even though it's not near the mass that Jolena has, every item fits their RP very well. I have also altered items for all of our IG children and some friends as gifts. So please PLEASE do not say that just because we get tons of items worked on that we are selling them or being merchant whores, it's just not true.

That all being said, for those of you who got stateroom tickets w00t! I'm so happy for you all! Seriously, I know it will be a blast. For those of you on First class and below-- I will really enjoy spending time with everyone as that's why Stun and I go to these events, to ENJOY ourselves. I do think the price is exorbant but I understand that it's a business and I'm happy that they are able to be so successful at their business as I for one enjoy using the services they provide.

For those of you who can't afford it, I'm sorry for you honestly. I know it's frustrating and you might feel like you didn't get all you could have out of the game but to blame others for their ability to pay those prices and doing so, is just insanity.

Oh and Maimara! We are first class too and Jolena will be watching you to make sure you behave! teehee :lol2:

Sinful Saint
11-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Only event I ever attended before was last year's Dhu. It was totally enjoyable...got Xav some feature alters, lotsa alters which I really enjoyed and two attuned pets. Price's steep at 75 bucks and since I'm still sponging off me parents, I don't feel entirely good about it. :( I should be finding me a vacation job to finance my next one.

It's expensive but I find it worth the RL cash. Only once a year though. So Dhu 2005, here I come!

Betheny
11-28-2004, 11:26 PM
Haha Jolena! I'm actually looking forward to it :)

Nilandia
11-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Well, my enthusiasm for the cruise has just plummeted.

I received an e-mail saying that I didn't have enough funds on my card that I wanted to use to pay for my ticket. Since Billing was closed and Melissa said to e-mail her if we had ticket problems, I sent her an e-mail this past Wednesday to transfer the bill to another card.

I didn't hear anything back, so I'd assumed everything was fine. Today, though, I found out that apparently Melissa doesn't check her e-mail. My ticket was dropped and put up for sale, bought by someone who posted complaints repeatedly on the official boards that there weren't enough first class or stateroom tickets because his characters was "too good" for second class, as he put it.

I've sent an e-mail to Billing and will be calling tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll enjoy it as much as I would have had this not happened.

Nilandia

SpunGirl
11-29-2004, 06:13 AM
That's a pretty well-known thing that occurs, Nilandia. That happened to quite a few people when the first Artisan's Faire tickets went on sale... it's how I got MY ticket to that event, actually. If you're not sure if your company will accept the charge, change the card it's on first. Simu is a business and I guess I'm surprised that you're surprised that they conduct themselves like one.

-K

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-29-2004, 08:51 AM
That sucks Nilandia. I'm curious to know how it gets resolved, if it gets resolved I mean.

11-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Eh, I hope it all works itself out. While I don't have the money to go Stateroom, I'd be pissed if I did and I was going. I was the lucky few who got tickets to the Artisans' Festivel and I'd be royally pissed off if my ticket got taken away due to a FUBAR in communications.

- Arkans

Nilandia
11-29-2004, 12:10 PM
I am becoming very not happy with this situation. I had a first class ticket for the second voyage that I bought before I saw that we should buy a ticket for one run. That one's been dropped, too, and it's been bought.

I finally got an e-mail last night at midnight. Standard "there's been a problem with the card and if we don't hear back in 48 hours, we're dropping you." I don't have tickets to be dropped. One of the accounts that was trying to be billed was also one that I never mentioned for anyone to bill, nor did I use it to buy a ticket.

Nilandia

Praefection
11-29-2004, 12:22 PM
That really sucks. I'd be raising holy hell if they managed to muddle up my payments THAT much.

Betheny
11-29-2004, 01:45 PM
That blows, Nilandia.

I'm sorry!

Ylena
11-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Hope all of you that are going have a good time.. but reading all this just makes me damn glad I cancelled the accounts.

Elizabeth
(so done)

Nilandia
11-29-2004, 08:12 PM
I just spoke with a GM who told me that the best I can do is hope for a first class ticket, depending on how the second class tickets go. He said he would talk to Melissa to see what he could do, but he gave no promises.

In other words, I'm out of luck.

Nilandia

Jay
11-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ylena
Hope all of you that are going have a good time.. but reading all this just makes me damn glad I cancelled the accounts.

Elizabeth
(so done)

Wow, you quit? I'd say sorry but I might be doing the same myself soon so congrats might be more in order. Don't fall out of touch!

~Jay

fiendwish
12-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Something about this thread reminded me that as long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. Not that there's any crap being dispensed, unless, of course, one considers it to be crap. One man's crap is another man's feast. Or something.

Nilandia
12-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Follow up on my situation.

I'm not getting my Stateroom on the first run or my first class on the second run back.

If anyone on the first run has a double first class ticket, I'd love to go. I'll pay you half of the ticket, maybe more, and I'll be happy to go to merchants to get stuff done for you. Right now, I just want to go to be with my friends.

Nilandia

Askip
12-09-2004, 08:59 AM
Ylena may leave, Jay may leave, Nilandia gets shafted, very depressing thread.

They can keep their cruise.

StrayRogue
12-09-2004, 10:55 AM
I have a first class ticket for the first run you can have.

Stateroom on the second is enough for me hun.

[Edited on 9-12-04 by StrayRogue]

HouseofElves
12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Aww. Stay that is the nicest ever! What a sweetie = )

Askip
12-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Gallantry lives! Well done.

:D

Nieninque
12-10-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Askip
Gallantry lives!

He hasnt said yet that he is bumping the price up to a market value. :P

Edited to remove one too many "yet"

[Edited on 10-12-04 by Nieninque]

radamanthys
12-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Anyone here looking for a roomate for first class? :drool:

Second class is the best that's left...

Nilandia
12-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Been looking, radamanthys. Haven't heard many takers on the first run. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Nilandia