PDA

View Full Version : iPad restore

Viekn
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
I am going to post this in the off chance someone can help, but I think I'm going to have to take it to the Apple store or it's just bricked at this point...

Have ipad mini, changed Apple ID e-mail address 2 months ago, logged out of Apple ID/Store on ipad but forgot to logout of ICloud when I did this. I wanted to restore the Ipad mini with the apps/data I use on a different Ipad, but cannot now restore because it forces you to turn off FindMyIpad and to do that you HAVE to enter the Icloud apple ID that is associated with the device. That Icloud Apple ID no longer exists because I changed it. I tried changing my AppleID back to that email address I used, but it sends a link in an e-mail to that e-mail address that you have to click on, but I no longer have access to that email address or any hope of getting access to. I put the Ipad in recovery mode and connected to computer to reinstall firmware, but it still asks you to input the Icloud ID because the ipad is still linked to it. Now I can't even use the ipad because I can't activate it without inputting the password to the old Icloud ID which no longer even exists.

Does anyone have a reliable way to completely wipe an ipad without needing any of the old account info it was associated with?

I appreciate any help.

Viekn
05-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Nevermind. Figured it out. Took me hours to find the one right post on Apple forums.