PDA

View Full Version : heavy Crossbow

Jastio
05-21-2003, 08:26 AM
okay, i dont know much about whats out there, but i've been wanting to get a heavy crossbow thats either 6x or above.. I recently got my 5x crossbow imploded by some fella in the nations, so now i have this skill, and its just wasting away.. Also was curious what helps, and doesn't help my AS when shootin a crossbow? i hear perception? Well just please atleast inform me of what i'm gettin into lookin for a high enchant crossbow..

thanks
Sean:bouncy:

Parkbandit
05-21-2003, 08:41 AM
You can use a 5x crossbow with ebladed arrows from a master fletcher and still have the full AS.

You are a rogue... so perception helps your AS. Wizard strength and Pheon strength do not help your AS. Spirit Strike, Camo, Benediction, Heroism, Bravery help your AS. (I think... not sure about bravery and Heroism.. but I think I remember them aiding. Maybe even zealot)

Kisteira
05-22-2003, 02:10 PM
according to The Archery Haven 425 (elemental targeting) also adds to ranged AS. Here's the list as stated on the site (http://www.archeryhaven.com/basics.html)

camouflage (608) +30, bravery (211) +15, heroism (215) +25, elemental targeting (425) +25- +50, Kai's Triumph Song (1007) +10, Eonak's Song of Glory (1019) +20, Spirit Strike (117) +75, and Benediction (307) +5-+15.

The price of enchanted bows has come down considerably. You can often find a 5x bow for around 500k upwards to 750k. I've yet to find a 5x crossbow though. That could be because I quit looking after I bought my recent crossbow.

Dinara
05-27-2003, 09:47 AM
yeah absolutely no reason to have a bow higher than 5 or 6x unless you are strickly hunting undead. You might want to find a wizard to enchant you one but it will be a major project and might cost a pretty silver. I would also check the boards in the for sale section I saw alot of bows going in there for a while.