PDA

View Full Version : Kanes Krusade

kookiegod
05-03-2016, 10:50 PM

So a charity I been involved in for a few years.

Over the the last few years one of my passions is my work with Kane's Krusade. We're a small charity with a simple mission. Help dogs, one at a time, avoid having to go into a shelter. For most of them, there is no fairy tale and
"they all lived happily ever after..." is a myth, as most of them do not come out.

Its our mission to put a serious dent in that and create as many happy endings as possible.

I lost my beloved Kenya, a lab mix of fifteen years last week. She was my friend for a long long time, but the one thing (besides the legions of friends!) that helped me was my 2nd dog Bubba whom I got thru Kane's Krusade. We normally do not do rescues as what we do is termed, "surrender prevention" but this one was special and it does have gold at the end of that rainbow. He's helped me through, and I want to pay it forward, not just to my dogs, but all the dogs needing help in the Pioneer Valley.

As a group, we endeavor to do special things for special dogs such as;

A handicap ramp we installed for a dog and his owner whom is going blind. We were able to obtain the ramp as a donation and thru all volunteer labor we installed it last week.

Through a program I created called "Tenant Advocacy", I work with local landlords helping with issues related to a dog and their housing and the problems that can occur. To date, we have helped save several tenancies, and many local landlords have rented to dogs, even the so-called dangerous ones and gained wonderful tenants. I hope to expand that program and speak to their local landlord's group in the future.

We offer free dog training for those who cannot manage their dogs to the point they want to give up on them.

We build Kondo's for dogs who for some reason cannot come inside from the cold and wet.

Or the every single week, we have between one and three teams go out to do home visits, visit dogs, their families, deliver food, help with their issues with their dogs and make a difference in their lives. We say we're a dog charity, but its just as much a people-empowering charity as well.

Today, May 3rd, is Valley Gives Day. If we reach one of our first goals ($2,501), each donation will receive an automatic matching DOUBLE. I am asking for your help. Would you please give a donation in whatever amount you can to our organization? I’ve seen firsthand the difference we make to these needy dogs and their families.

This money will go to help today and you can see it in action on our Facebook page.

Thanks!