PDA

View Full Version : Mithril claidhmores get FUCKING PWNED!!!1

Pallon
11-04-2004, 12:54 AM
Dateline 11/3/2004: EBON GATE CLAIDHMORE ERROR

A spanner in the works recently creeped into one of the shops in Ebon Gate, and a weapon which never was meant to be sold was. Many of them were quickly sold and by the time we realized it and pulled it from the shop, a great deal were in circulation.

Unfortunately, we do need to fix this and will be correcting them to what we are allowed to sell off the shelf, which, for a claidhmore, is a max of +2 and not magical. Should you not like your purchase, we encourage you to ASSIST, and a GameMaster would be happy to refund the original purchase price.

We apologize for the gremlins in the gears and hope we do not make the same error again.

END NEWS ITEM

Trinitis
11-04-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh shit..people are going to be PISSSED

Drew2
11-04-2004, 01:14 AM
Ardwen = pwnd.

Tsa`ah
11-04-2004, 01:17 AM
While this sort of shit would normally irritate me, I can't help but laugh my ass off.

So many merchants are going to take it up the ass. I hope scooter boy bought 20 or more of them.

I feel bad for the folks that bought them second hand and paid out the nose however.

Farquar
11-04-2004, 01:37 AM
It's kinda funny. I remember saying to myself, "man Ebon's would have been completely worthless to me if I hadn't bought a couple of these mithril claids"...

Ardwen
11-04-2004, 04:35 AM
Ardwen = Smart enough to not actually purchase items he knew would be nerfed.

Ardwen

Cayge
11-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Ardwen
Ardwen = Smart enough to not actually purchase items he knew would be nerfed.

Ardwen

Haha, PWNED. Him smart merchant, eh?

Parkbandit
11-04-2004, 09:15 AM
It's not like they will lose their investment.. I will feel bad for those who paid 10X the amount they were selling for at Ebon's though.

Gan
11-04-2004, 09:59 AM
I was sad I did not get in on the action when they were sold. So I settled for a nice looking invar claid sold in another tent as well as had one of the no-dachi's selling at EG upped to 4x and made blessable by another merchant.

Now I'm not so sad, although it really sucks that they (SIMU) are being retroactive in the fixing of their mistake.

Tsa`ah
11-04-2004, 10:01 AM
I think they should rape the merchants that gouged the market.

Full refunds, or refunds minus the actual cost paid by the merchant, should be awarded to the holders of the weapons directly out of the merchanting accounts.

Follow the silver trail Simu, you rat bastards.

Warclaidhm
11-05-2004, 05:32 PM
For anyone who doesn't know yet..the claidhmores have been globally nerfed.

When you put the claidhmore away, and GET it again, it will be automatically converted to a +2 non magic claidh while still retaining its description of "a mithril claidhmore".

Trinitis
11-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Welcome to last week, Warclaidhm.

Dhuul
11-05-2004, 05:51 PM
warretardshm wararehm warahm warbithm warslowhm