PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead

Lord Mateius
04-13-2016, 06:15 AM
Logged back on after many years and I'm completely lost. Trying to figure things out on my own but unfortunately I have so many questions.

Is there a command I can use on an item that will show me all the VERBS that can be used with it?

Appreciate any kind of help. THanks!

JNewhall
04-13-2016, 07:24 AM
Try INSPECT. It's only been added to newer items, but it gives you a ton of info about them, often including what special verbs work with it.

Otherwise, there's a useful script for finding verbs that can be see with an item. Download Lich, it's an add-on program for Stormfront. There's a number of useful scripts, including zest or zest finder (forget the exact name). It runs through a long list of possible verbs to use on an item in a second, and you can see which ones work.

Berylla
04-13-2016, 07:55 AM
ANALYZE will give verbs, if the info is available, not inspect. Two very helpful things to try!

JNewhall
04-13-2016, 08:07 AM
ANALYZE will give verbs, if the info is available, not inspect. Two very helpful things to try!

That is right - I often mix the two up. Thanks!

Lord Mateius
04-14-2016, 07:04 AM
THank you both.

Nedus
04-25-2016, 11:04 PM
I'm back as well after 34 months, I feel like a total newb, I'm thinking I should reroll and start over. I don't know what to do with my 43 sorcerer anymore. Has much changed in the last three years?

Tgo01
04-25-2016, 11:28 PM
Has much changed in the last three years?

Yes but there's no real reason to start over because of that. If you just want a fresh start though it couldn't hurt. Sorcerers got a lot of work done fairly recently.

Ensorcell may even be new for you, and that's a pretty big change for sorcs.

Nedus
04-25-2016, 11:39 PM
Yes but there's no real reason to start over because of that. If you just want a fresh start though it couldn't hurt. Sorcerers got a lot of work done fairly recently.

Ensorcell may even be new for you, and that's a pretty big change for sorcs.

Thanks for the reply I think I will add a character just to get into the swing of things again. Then come back to my sorcerer when it comes back to me, Is there a handy verb to determine what house I belong too?

Tgo01
04-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Honestly I'm not sure, I don't belong to any house.

If you don't know about it already the wiki has a lot of information about the game and all of the changes:

https://gswiki.play.net

Viekn
04-25-2016, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the reply I think I will add a character just to get into the swing of things again. Then come back to my sorcerer when it comes back to me, Is there a handy verb to determine what house I belong too?

I think if you use the PROFILE verb it tells you if you belong to a house.

etambusiness
04-25-2016, 11:44 PM
I came back after a 17 year hiatus - just takes some getting used to. Shouldn't be too bad

I wouldn't advise re rolling - just convince simu to give you a free fixskills for coming back or buy one yourself

Gswiki.com has a wealth as well as these forums

Just make sure your using lich ( if you aren't). Makes life easier but not needed of course

You can PM if you need more specific advice on sorc as needed. I am not an expert but can give you some basic advice

Nedus
04-26-2016, 12:38 AM
I came back after a 17 year hiatus - just takes some getting used to. Shouldn't be too bad

I wouldn't advise re rolling - just convince simu to give you a free fixskills for coming back or buy one yourself

Gswiki.com has a wealth as well as these forums

Just make sure your using lich ( if you aren't). Makes life easier but not needed of course

You can PM if you need more specific advice on sorc as needed. I am not an expert but can give you some basic advice

Thank you I got some reading to do! Wow 17 years? This game has quite a pull I first started around the AOL invasion, when I went to reactivate I seen I had some characters from 1999 still saved in the data it appears.

Geijon Khyree
04-26-2016, 01:45 AM
SKILL
SKILL BASE
INFO
INFO Start
EXP
Describe
Examine
Bounty
Boost