PDA

View Full Version : Hello Gemstoners

JadeScarlet
11-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone. I've been hearing about players corner for a while now from various other forums, so I thought I'd go join up and say hello to everyone.

My GS characters are Amee and Kazzi, as well as a few others.

I've played Gemstone on and off for..5..6 years now, but unfortunately I'm on a university network that blocks all my favourite games so I won't be able play for about a year or so. Booo.. I also play on magic online, modus operandi, and kingdom of loathing (that is before I went back to school).

I've been to 3 simucons so I may have met some of you there, Amee wasn't really around much in game though, even before I started school.

So someday I will be back, so if anyone knows Myrianna tell her that I will pay back all the silvers I borrowed from her.

I miss gemstone...I wish my university would use a much less restrictive firewall.

-Jade/Amee

Wezas
11-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard!

Originally posted by JadeScarlet
I miss gemstone...I wish my university would use a much less restrictive firewall.

Do you have any friends/family that have high speed internet?

I have a similar firewall problem at work. After some research - I decided to set up a VPN (Virtual Private Network) that will connect from my work to my house through the internet - and then it would use my house's internet connection to play games while I'm at work.

It gets a bit detailed - U2U me if you want any info.

SpunGirl
11-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the PC, JadeScarlet!

-K

Caiylania
11-19-2004, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the fray! :)

HarmNone
11-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Hiya, hon. Welcome to Bedlam. ;)

JadeScarlet
03-24-2005, 03:39 PM
So, as I said early, the university blocks my connection. I'm going to my parents house then to my boyfriends house for about 10 days total where I will have internet access that doesn't block games.

In addition to playing a lot of magic online, which I plan on doing anyway, is it worth it to reactivate my Gemstone account? $15 for 10 days? Hmmm...I'm not sure, since I'll definately be able to find other things to do, but I could easily image spending 2-3 hours a day playing while at the 'rents house since there is usually nothing better to do (they work from 6AM to 10PM and never take holidays ever.) Okay its not that bad, but yeah my mom is a workaholic so even though I only go home for a few weeks out of the year she usually can't take time off work to have dinner or go to a movie with me, thus the me sitting in my room playing games all day.

Czeska
03-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Call the billing dept and ask them if they'll let you have a free month to try all the changes, since it's been awhile.

Kitsun
03-24-2005, 05:26 PM
Welcome aboard!

Your boyfriend is a lucky bastard! Plays GS AND Magic. Eeeesh.

Warriorbird
03-25-2005, 05:12 PM
Girls like that are handy.

Skeeter
03-25-2005, 06:11 PM
You suck!!

BOOOO!!!!!

Now that your first flame is out of the way, you'll fit right in.

Welcome

JadeScarlet
03-26-2005, 04:48 AM
I play magic and gemstone also. Well, not at the same time because I'm a poor broke college student. As soon as I graduate I'll reactivate my Gemstone account and buy some magic online product....assuming I can find a job.

Every guy I've ever dated has played magic, to the point where for a while I was trying to avoid dating magic players since it never worked out. But Andy is the first boyfriend that I convinced to get a gemstone account and everything is going great!

Vestarr
03-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Welcome back Jade an i will tell Myrianna (who for those that dont know is my IRL wife ) ya said hi .An dont worry bout the silvers she'll get over em ;)

--Vest

JadeScarlet
03-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, if I decide to reactivate next week I'll track one of you down. I'm fairly certain I have enough. Otherwise I probably won't be back until October. But I already spoke to her on IMs and since she'd forgotten about it anyway, I hope she doesn't mind waiting until them.

I didn't mean to blow up those baby gnomes! I swear!

Xcalibur
03-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Are you cute?