PDA

View Full Version : Nalfein

StrayRogue
09-07-2003, 09:16 PM
I am looking for info on the Nalfein elves, specifically a time line of historical dates, as well as any and all information on the Nalfein guard.

Thanks.

Bobmuhthol
09-07-2003, 09:19 PM
They lack discipline. And they enjoy ceremonies.

You quickly and quietly slip a Nalfein ceremonial dagger from your wrist sheath.

DCSL
09-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Don't listen to Bob. They're highly political and oily in the used car salesman sense. Or that's the stereotype.

There's also a massive amount of people who think their Nalfein and half-Nalfein have to be rogues, which really irritates me.

As for timelines... won't have that stuff that's specifically about each House until the new documents come out. All we know we get from the Elven history stuff that's currently out and that mostly focuses on Faendryl and Vaalor for some reason...

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Bleh.

Vesi
09-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I am looking for info on the Nalfein elves, specifically a time line of historical dates, as well as any and all information on the Nalfein guard.

Thanks.

You probably have this and not sure how official but might be fun to read just the same.

http://www.gemstone.net/etimes/et8/ancient2.htm

Also, the storyteller in the giantman villiage likes to speculate on the death of Chesylcha and possible connections to the Nalfein. (which is also pretty common fare) I have gone to talk to him alone about it though. (just for roleplaying fun)

My half Nalfein is not a rogue. I should have gotten one of those daggers from the Faire when my friend offered to get me items. Oh well, not a big deal. She's not your typical Nalfein. (or is she?) :smug:

Vesi

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Thanks a bunch, I didn't have that document, and its a great help. I believe I've heard Izalude talk of it a few times however...

DCSL
09-08-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Vesi
My half Nalfein is not a rogue. I should have gotten one of those daggers from the Faire when my friend offered to get me items. Oh well, not a big deal. She's not your typical Nalfein. (or is she?) :smug:

Vesi

Glad to hear it! I get tired of the stereotypes people try to apply to my Nalfein bard.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Wait, Strata is a bard?!

Vesi
09-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by DCSL

Vesi

Glad to hear it! I get tired of the stereotypes people try to apply to my Nalfein bard.

This is not to say she doesn't have an 'agenda'. She had this 'agenda' before we were able to even pick a House. Funny how people assume isn't it?

Vesi

DCSL
09-08-2003, 08:38 PM
This is not to say she doesn't have an 'agenda'. She had this 'agenda' before we were able to even pick a House. Funny how people assume isn't it?

Vesi

Well of course she does. But she probably doesn't go about it in the stereotypical stalking the shadows, dressed in all rogue black, with skulls of Onar way.

Advertising one's subterfuge is just... just... stupid. No other way to describe it. I like my Nalfein subtle.

Betheny
09-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Nalfein warriors rock.

StrayRogue
09-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Nalfein warriors rock.

Especially when they need a Faendryl rogue to stop them from getting owned by large ogres ;)

AnticorRifling
09-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DCSL

Well of course she does. But she probably doesn't go about it in the stereotypical stalking the shadows, dressed in all rogue black, with skulls of Onar way.

I made that mistake with my rogue back when I started him, one of these days I'll get around to selling his gear and get him kitt'ed out I think he should look now that I have one of those things called "A friggin clue!"

Betheny
09-09-2003, 08:55 PM
[i]Originally posted by StrayRogue

Especially when they need a Faendryl rogue to stop them from getting owned by large ogres ;)

Pffft. Have you seen me die again? I think not!