PDA

View Full Version : Lost Shield at the Guard near the Sapphire Gate

Luxelle
03-21-2016, 04:06 AM
So ... I dropped my shield by typing the wrong thing: put shield instead of push shield.

I have no idea why PUT SHIELD makes it drop to the ground, but that was what I entered in error, and my log shows me dropping it as I checked in from coming home from a bounty.

SO ... looking for a charcoal-hued mithglin target shield with argent rivets

Please.

:(

~L.

Erous
03-21-2016, 08:16 AM
That's unfortunate, hope you find it. PUT anything, even with the wrong spelling of the container you want to put an item in will drop it. I'm not sure where you keep your shield, but mine stays on my back...so I WEAR shield to sling it on my back and REMOVE shield when I need it. Might be a safer option

SashaFierce
03-21-2016, 08:28 AM
I would guess that the janitor got it. If you registered the shield, I would assist and ask for a replacement.

Gnomad
03-21-2016, 08:53 AM
I've been there. It stinks. I can answer one question, though:

I have no idea why PUT SHIELD makes it drop to the ground
Behind the scenes, PUT and DROP are exactly the same verb. You can drop things in cloaks and put things to drop them. I assume it was a decision made way long ago to save time/effort, and now is too elemental to the system to be changed.

Luxelle
03-21-2016, 01:01 PM
It's my Grobey shield ... PUSH it and it turns into a bracer. But there ya go, that came out PUT shield.

I was tired.

I'm assisting. It should be registered.

Sigh. I feel so dumb. And sad.

Luxelle
03-21-2016, 05:04 PM
AND GM Krellis answered my assist today ... WITH THE SHIELD ...

I was about to tell him what it looked like, ask for a miracle and all - and he had it already!

:)

Soulance
03-21-2016, 05:07 PM
That's the good thing about registering and "mark"ing your stuff as I was reminded losing a few armors and a weapon from a disk the other day.

Tgo01
03-21-2016, 05:11 PM
It's like this script (http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?101226-Don-t-Lose-it!) was made for just this occasion.

Of course being a morphing item wouldn't work because it has two different states so the script would go off. There is a simple work around though if you have a different script running in the background that watches for when your bracer/shield morphs it would automatically remove the old item from the tracking database and start tracking the new item.