PDA

View Full Version : maximizing ensorcel

gilchristr
03-18-2016, 02:30 PM
T1 ensorcell is very worth it for anyone who has stamina concerns due to the massive stamina it yields as compared to no ensorcell. I strongly recommend. And I supposed you can squelch the annoying messaging associated with the flares.

However, I was surpised to find out how little benefit a T5 ensorcell gives vs. a T1 ensorcell in terms of recovered stamina/health/spirit, etc. Specifically it sounded like t5 flares no more often then t1, and it only yields 4 points more of health or stamina when it does flare. That seems like huge diminishing returns for a T5, unless you feel like the extra +5 AS per tier is providing enough value. Does anyone have exact numbers of yield for a T1 flares, and yield for T4 flares?

If this is true I dont think I am going to prioritize past a T1 ensorcell for weapons. Makes more since to spend my silver on taking the armor and/or shields up to T5 for the extra general TD (most spells only give TD at a full bonus to one sphere, and general TD gives TD at a full bonus to all spheres, correct?), before going back to the weapons.

Jarvan
03-18-2016, 02:37 PM
I would say your better of doing armor first to T5 after 1 cast on a weapon. But that is just me.

Allereli
03-18-2016, 02:38 PM
If this is true I dont think I am going to prioritize past a T1 ensorcell for weapons. Makes more since to spend my silver on taking the armor and/or shields up to T5 for the extra general TD (most spells only give TD at a full bonus to one sphere, and general TD gives TD at a full bonus to all spheres, correct?), before going back to the weapons.

Ensorcell doesn't provide TD in a true sense. It subtracts 2 per tier from the CvA

You gesture at a ghostly pooka.
CS: +141 - TD: +128 + CvA: +25 + d100: +60 == +98
Warded off!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

So a T5 ensorcell on the pooka's armor would be a CvA of +15

Jarvan
03-18-2016, 02:49 PM
So... Effectively it provides 2 TD per level.

Allereli
03-18-2016, 02:54 PM
So... Effectively it provides 2 TD per level.

Yes, but he was going into spheres and effects of different spells, so I wanted to clarify where exactly the bonus was added

gilchristr
03-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks All. Jarvan your restatement is what I was trying to say (t1 on weapon first, then t5 on armor, then consider going back to weapon).

Edit - allereli, I understand armor now, are shields different?

Jarvan
03-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Thanks All. Jarvan your restatement is what I was trying to say (t1 on weapon first, then t5 on armor, then consider going back to weapon).

Personally, I would only go farther on a weapon for 3 reasons....

You have your own Sorc and don't have a buyer for their necro weeks.

You really really need the extra AS.

You have money to burn. (This is the equivalent of a balding middle aged man buying a red sports car, dumping his wife, and dating a 19 year old named Sinnamon ~yes spelled that way~)

nindon
03-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Goat's guide says that T1 gives 5-10 health, and each additional tier gives 1-2 additional health. At T5, then, you would get 9-18 if you're not a Sorcerer.

The CvA benefit applies to armor, shields and runestaves. If you use both T5 armor and T5 shield/runestaff, you can get a combined 20 CvA benefit. The flares (health, spirit, AS/CS and stamina/mana) apply to weapons and runestaves.

In my ensorcelling auctions, I have done twice as many weapons as armor/shields, and I have done slightly more weapons than armor/shields/runestaves combined. Based on that, I believe people are more interested in the flares than the CvA benefits.

The health, stamina and mana flares are larger for the first tier than for each the next five tiers, as noted above. The AS/CS flares are a flat +5 AS or +3 CS per tier. And the CvA benefits (not a flare) are a flat -2 per tier.

Allereli
03-18-2016, 03:35 PM

Edit - allereli, I understand armor now, are shields different?

shields and staves work the same (staves get both offense and CvA)

Whirlin
03-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Definitely T0 to T1 is the biggest marginal increase... As a binary 0 to 1 is always going to be a larger increase than 1 to 2, or any subsequent gains.
I would echo the recommendation of Weapon to T1, then potentially Armor to T5 (Depends on class!), and then returning to Weapon to T5.

Exceptions:
If you're a sorcerer who can get multiple casts per proc
If you already have tainted bond and are getting multiple swings per proc (not recommended til you have T5 anyway)
If you're a caster class who is basically set on TD (Sorcerers, and I believe Empaths/Clerics are pretty well off)
If you have one amazing piece of equipment, and the other one sucks (A Whirlin brand bow and a set of 2x reinforced leather... don't invest in that reinforced leather... obviously).

Allereli
03-18-2016, 03:37 PM
In my ensorcelling auctions, I have done twice as many weapons as armor/shields, and I have done slightly more weapons than armor/shields/runestaves combined. Based on that, I believe people are more interested in the flares than the CvA benefits.

I've done majority weapons and staves. Hardly any armor or shields

Whirlin
03-18-2016, 03:40 PM
I would agree... weapons are more likely to be ensorcelled, but I also believe that the effectiveness of weapons surpasses that of armor at the moment... There's a lot more 10x weapons of doom than 10x ridiculously padded suits of awesome out there.

Coupled to add that there are always disabling techniques you can use to prevent a critter from casting, either through forced RT, or killing it... Paired with some classes not really needing TD... weapons appear more attractive.

gilchristr
03-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Thanks for pointing me to Goat's guide. It says, for health or mana, "Each additional tier adds one point to the minimum amount and two points to the maximum amount "

I havent found where it address stamina increase per tier but I would expect it to be the same.

Man, I just realized I need to T1 my plain jane 4x handwraps and T1 my 4x flaring boots. Any upstart ensorcellers want one or both of the jobs given that these seem like possibly the easiest ensorcells items someone would want done? Send a PM

Goat
04-08-2016, 03:21 AM
Thanks for pointing me to Goat's guide. It says, for health or mana, "Each additional tier adds one point to the minimum amount and two points to the maximum amount "

I havent found where it address stamina increase per tier but I would expect it to be the same.

Man, I just realized I need to T1 my plain jane 4x handwraps and T1 my 4x flaring boots. Any upstart ensorcellers want one or both of the jobs given that these seem like possibly the easiest ensorcells items someone would want done? Send a PM

A long while back, I wrote up a script to compare flare rates, flare rates of each type of flare, mana/stamina before and after flares. It tracked how often each amount returned happened, e.g. 5 10-mana flares, 6 12-mana flares. It was actually sort of a pain, because lich's view of mana immediately before/after the cast wasn't altogether consistent. Point is, the script was set up to track both mana and stamina, but I don't actually remember doing stamina testing with it. I imagine it's same as mana, but I can't say for sure.