PDA

View Full Version : writable books

shad0ws0ngs
03-09-2016, 09:36 AM
So it appears that the loose paper sold in Ta'Illistim has a much shorter character count than can be written in the writable books. So, I find myself needing like.. 10+ writable books to borrow for an evening for doing a group art project. We're going to use a page to write out a scene, in our own words, and then compare and contrast them.

So! Buying a pile and/or borrowing, if you're willing. I'll direct everyone to not tear pages out and to re-use them, but you know how well people listen, so I can't with 100% guarantee they wont have a page used or not, but I will do my damnedest to make sure. Please let me know either way.

everan
03-09-2016, 02:53 PM
I've got 2 or 3 books assuming they're the right kind, I'll track them down and look for you. Don't worry about what happens to them.

Zhiart
03-09-2016, 03:24 PM
I didn't know things like this existed. How much would one of these run to buy?

shad0ws0ngs
03-09-2016, 04:43 PM
Before they were redeemable for like 750 tickets at EG, like 200-250k.. now? Only ones I saw in the shops were 800k-1m

everan
03-10-2016, 06:00 PM
Here's what I have, let me know if this isn't what you're looking for. I'll keep looking for you in game in the mean time, should be around this evening.

You put a thin oak and leather folio in your suede treasure satchel.
>get codex
You remove a mithril-bound boiled leather codex from in your backpack.

You analyze your boiled leather codex and sense that there is no recorded information on that item. It may or may not be able to be worked on by a merchant alterer.

You get no sense of whether or not the codex may be further lightened.
>inspect my codex
You carefully inspect your boiled leather codex.

You determine that you could not wear the codex.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of leather.

>read codex
The boiled leather codex is closed.
>open code
You open your boiled leather codex to the table of contents.
>read codex
Your boiled leather codex is empty.
>close codex
You close a mithril-bound boiled leather codex.
>put codex in my sat
You put a mithril-bound boiled leather codex in your suede treasure satchel.

I have another one somewhere with a quill in it, when I find it I'll post it's description as well.

a moonstone-set deep black volume
~~a long raven feather quill
~~a thin stylized silver bookmark

shad0ws0ngs
03-11-2016, 06:16 AM
the codex at least appears to be a book for alchemy, which sadly wont work. Best way of telling if a book is writable is, when you look at it, it has something about the pages.

everan
03-11-2016, 09:53 AM
the codex at least appears to be a book for alchemy, which sadly wont work. Best way of telling if a book is writable is, when you look at it, it has something about the pages.

That's too bad, I seem to have several of those folio's.

Here's the info on the volume:

You remove a moonstone-set deep black volume from in your drawstring rucksack.
>anal my volume
You analyze your deep black volume and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions, but the creator has stated that "The item has restrictions on changing the noun."

The creator has also provided the following information:
You get a strong sense that the volume can be altered by any merchant, but the noun must be one of the following: book, tome, volume, ledger, journal, folio, spellbook, grimoire, prayerbook, scroll, or vellum. The way the volume looks should make sense when it is both opened and closed.

Some merchants may be willing to put any writing you have on your volume into a specific language, so that only those who understand that language can read the writing.

Currently you are able to use WRITE, OPEN, CLOSE, TURN, and READ with the deep black volume. For writing, you will need to be holding a quill, though some paintsticks may also work for this.

Try as you might, you cannot get a good sense of whether or not the volume's pockets could get any deeper, but you can tell that the volume is as light as it can get.
>look at my volume
You see nothing unusual.
>read volume
You quietly peruse the passages in your deep black volume.
>inspect my volume
>
You carefully inspect your deep black volume.

You estimate that a moonstone-set deep black volume can store a very small amount with enough space for a couple of items.

You determine that you could not wear the volume.
>

shad0ws0ngs
03-30-2016, 01:02 AM
Thanks to a few loaners (Thanks Crux and Satia) we had more than enough writable books for our event. I'll try to find both of you IG in the near future to get those back to you. That said, if anyone would like to sell me a few more, so that we aren't borrowing for next time, that would be awesome. Thanks!