PDA

View Full Version : Elf of Halfling?

Jelten
02-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Going to make a monk - was thinking Elf, but I seem to recall reading that the biggest problem for higher level monks was warding due, at least in part, to the lack of CvA.

Would a halfling be a good alternate choice for their massive racial bonuses to varying TDs? Or is the warding problem somewhat exaggerated?

FWIW, I have a friend who has a 55-60 wizard and empath that I have free access to for spells, so I have some help in that regard... but it also won't be super useful at higher levels in spellburst zones where I imagine the lack of CvA is most pronounced?

Thanks!

Peppwyn
02-25-2016, 11:33 AM
I love Halflings, but their lack of strength really hurts.

Thatoneguy22
02-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Correct, TD/CvA is the biggest issue. It's not exaggerated.

TheLastRowmi
02-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Warding is a big problem, but I never really felt it until high 70s or so, once you get to mino magi and the Bowels, etc. and Slippery Mind helps immensely.
I'd be interested in how a halfling monk compares to half-elf at cap.
I imagine the size differences would annoy me far more than getting warded at a higher clip, though.

MrMortimur
02-25-2016, 04:24 PM
obv the answer is burghal gnome. At least, I enjoy mine.

With the access to outside spells that you have, if you are willing to travel around you shouldn't have any warding gripes until I'd expect high 70s or early 80s as Rowmi said. So that being said, you should really go with what race you want to play. With the updates to MOC, both of your suggested races have a high agidex for more focused mstrikes.