PDA

View Full Version : Free character slot!

Kaeral
11-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Awesome! We all get a free character until the second of january to try out paladins..

In order to allow all GemStone players the opportunity to try Paladins without sacrificing existing characters, we will TEMPORARILY increase all accounts' character slots by 1 through January 2, 2005.

On January 2nd, we will remove the additional character slot. If, at that time, there are too many characters on your account, we will select one to remove along with the slot. To prevent us from removing the incorrect character, please either add an extra character slot to retain the character ( https://www.play.net/gs4/signup/subscribe_char.asp ) or delete the character of your choice ( https://www.play.net/gs4/play/delete_character.asp ) before that date.

If we do remove a character you would have preferred to remain, you can contact the billing department at billing@simutronics.com or 636-925-3172 to have the character returned to your visible character list, but it would be best to prepare by January 2, 2005 by amending your account to your wishes.

(For the sake of clarity, Paladins are NOT currently released. However, we are making the slots available now so that they will be ready when Paladins go live.)

Edited to say: oops.. should have put it in general gemstone I think..

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by Kaeral]

Wezas
11-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Jesus, they're going to get slammed on Jan 2nd with E-mails.

Dear Customer Service,

You deleted my capped wizard, you FUCKING MORONS!

Sincerely,

Pissed Off.

Kaeral
11-17-2004, 11:12 PM
:rofl:

Iqxero
11-17-2004, 11:17 PM
In defense of the one thing I've ever had Simu do right with my account is their character removal/restoration process. When they have downgraded my account they have typically started with my lowest levels. Sometimes it's annoying because I have to call and get my locker back, but they haven't ever taken off any of my playable characters.

As a bonus activity, if your looking for a fun walk down your own memory lane, call Simu and ask for a list of all the inactive characters on your account. It can be surprising some of the characters you forgot about.

Kuyuk
11-17-2004, 11:41 PM
<call Simu and ask for a list of all the inactive characters on your account. It can be surprising some of the characters you forgot about.>

Can you get them back if they're inactive? And can they give you information about them?

K.

Iqxero
11-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Can you get them back if they're inactive? And can they give you information about them?

They can't give you information, but they will e-mail you the first and last name of all the characters you ever made, but didn't delete.

And yes, they can restore any of the characters on the list. I look at my old AOL account, and I want to weep at some of the names I thought were "cool" in 97
... :banghead:

Alarke
11-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Yah.. i brought back a character i used to think was so badass and old about eight years ago that turned out to be a train 22 rogue.

I had to laugh at how pathetic that really was... but good memories none the less.

SpunGirl
11-18-2004, 12:37 AM
I paid $15 for them to restore a character I made in like, 98 and played for a month. She had some cool stuff on her that had become rare, so I was able to sell it for ubersilvers.

-K

theotherjohn
11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
The way I did it was tell Simu that for one month I would like to upgrade to premium and restore all characters to my account.

It was worth it to me for the last names.

Marl
11-18-2004, 12:40 AM
hell i just wish I could bring some perma death chars back since it no longer exists.....have quite a few I "retired" that way and now want em back

4a6c1
11-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
I paid $15 for them to restore a character I made in like, 98 and played for a month. She had some cool stuff on her that had become rare, so I was able to sell it for ubersilvers.

-K

you can do that?!? I'd love to bring back my fluff laden sorceress of the aol days. If only to laugh my ass off

Kainen
11-18-2004, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit

Originally posted by SpunGirl

-K

you can do that?!? I'd love to bring back my fluff laden sorceress of the aol days. If only to laugh my ass off

you bet you can do that.. I brought back my 24 train warrior that way.. they will even work with you if you cant remember all the info.. of course I had a desciption of her and some of her stuff so that helped alot

Caiylania
11-18-2004, 07:39 AM
If any of you bring back those old chars, you should post what they are wearing. It would be interesting to see.

4a6c1
11-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Caiylania
If any of you bring back those old chars, you should post what they are wearing. It would be interesting to see.

hellz the-fuck no!! Shes like, my dark secret. Ok...maybe. You will laugh. She was a wall of text and wore like 873018437 pins and the clothing was pink and sparkly and basically I blame my suburban upbringing( ,glitter and shiny happy things the world over), and lack of roleplay skills as a young teenager. :(

Once again, mods, we need a shooting themselves in the head smiley.

Parkbandit
11-18-2004, 11:48 AM
What a great marketing idea from Simutronics. Their cost is almost zero and their potential profit could be huge. How many people will play a character for 2 months and NOT get attached to it?

Well done Simutronics.

Wezas
11-18-2004, 11:52 AM
Now if they could only lower the monthly fee - I might not leave GS4 for WoW

Skeeter
11-18-2004, 11:56 AM
I've already got more spots than I use... I should start renting them out.