PDA

View Full Version : Mana Generation and Max Mana

jfields
11-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Just wondering what determines both the rate of mana generation and maximum mana. I know that harness power increases the maximum mana capacity, but does it help with generation on and off nodes as well?

Thanks!

StrayRogue
11-17-2004, 12:11 PM
Max mana determines mana regeneration.

Max mana is calculated as thusly:

Base mana (at level 0): (Average Mana Stat Bonus)/2, round down

Each training in the Harness Power skill gains 3 mana for each rank up to your current level, and 1 mana per rank thereafter.

Regeneration is also augmented by Mana Control:

Mana recovery is currently 15% of max mana when off node and 25% of max mana when on a node. Mana Control training will increase that total by a fixed value (not percent), regardless of whether or not the character is on a node.

For professions with a single sphere of power: Bonus Mana Recovered = +1 per 10 ranks, rounded down.

For professions with two spheres of power: Bonus Mana Recovered = Evaluate higher of their two respective MC ranks as above. Evaluate lower MC ranks as above, divide by two (round down), and add to first result.

Example:
If a sorcerer has 170 skill (70 ranks) in Elemental MC and 120 skill (30 ranks) in Spirit MC, he will have a bonus of 7 mana recovery (70/10) for the Elemental training and a bonus of 1 mana recovery for the Spirit training (((30/10)/2) = 1.5, rounds down to 1) for a total bonus of 8 mana recovered per pulse.

jfields
11-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the info! That was what I was looking for.

So, if I'm in a dual-circle profession and have 34 ranks of each, the bonus would be:

34/10=3.4 -> 3
34/10/2=1.7 ->1

For a total of 4.

If I had everything in one circle, it would be

68/10=6.8 ->6

Seem right?

I'll follow up with the profession-specific questions in the appropriate place, but wanted to understand the mechanics first.