PDA

View Full Version : Help us, help you.

Destrier
02-07-2016, 09:52 PM
A reminder for those hunting OTF and other areas that disarm or loot corpses.

Having a label on your gear helps tremendously in it being returned promptly.

Register your gear.

Posting on the hunting area folder in the officials quickly can help also.

LNET is fine, but not everyone uses lnet or may not listen to you on lnet.

Aurach
John

Soulance
02-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Question on this line sort of - if a bard sings to an item after being disarmed, will it tell who recently lost it always or only if it has been registered?

Palcron
02-07-2016, 11:39 PM
Pretty sure it only works if it's registered.

Candor
02-08-2016, 02:33 AM
When I am able to rope up a bard to sing to an item I found, he/she can usually identify the owner...but not always. This has happened with a capped bard, so either there are certain mechanics in how you can lose a weapon that will prevent a bard from seeing the owner's name, or it's a question of whether the item is registered. I suspect it's the registration issue (that's the simpler answer).

Tgo01
02-08-2016, 04:09 AM
Question on this line sort of - if a bard sings to an item after being disarmed, will it tell who recently lost it always or only if it has been registered?

I think there is a time factor involved. Like if a bard sings to it within 2 hours (as an example, I don't know the number) of it being disarmed it will say who the owner is.

Soulance
02-08-2016, 11:40 AM
I've seen a few names occasionally on my 40s bard so not sure which skills are involved but know you don't have to be too high.

Winter
02-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Having a label on your gear helps tremendously in it being returned promptly.

How do you go about getting that done?

Soulance
02-08-2016, 11:50 AM
How do you go about getting that done?
I think Four Winds has labels if you have access or can get someone to get access for you. Otherwise events like Briarmoon occasionally carry them too.