PDA

View Full Version : Random Defense drops?

Sheruvian
01-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Using a Runestaff, all spells active, not due to multiple opponents, Defense seems to randomly drop, sometimes drastically, possible reason? Same stance, no change.

>
A decaying Citadel guardsman swings a tarnished and rusted Hammer of Kai at you!
AS: +325 vs DS: +393 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +4 = -40

A decaying Citadel guardsman swings a tarnished and rusted Hammer of Kai at you!
AS: +325 vs DS: +327 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +47 = +69

AS: +325 vs DS: +320 with AvD: +24 + d100 roll: +64 = +93

Aganii
01-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Isnt there a room in the Citadel that can make you dizzy/lower defense the longer you stay? Its been a while since I hunted there.

Erous
01-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Yes, the Citadel does have a dizzy effect that happens randomly

Kaldonis
01-22-2016, 03:49 PM
I highlight this line, which is the effect dropping entirely:

The dizziness goes away, leaving you a with only a slight queasy feeling in your guts.

I don't have the lines for all the reductions. It happens in the rooms on the northern east-west hall on the first floor.

I'll see what I can do to get this information on gswiki

Gnomad
01-22-2016, 03:53 PM
It's a specific room on the first floor that'll dizzy you if you hang out in it too long, I think. The room description mentions it. I wanna say it's the last one before the stairs to the second floor?

Insodus
01-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Also, its hard to tell based on your log, but there is Force on Force. If that was 3 different guards in that room that were all hitting you, you'd see your DS drop pretty sharply.

Kaldonis
01-22-2016, 03:58 PM
It's a specific room on the first floor that'll dizzy you if you hang out in it too long, I think. The room description mentions it. I wanna say it's the last one before the stairs to the second floor?

I think it's two or three rooms. We usually call it "the dizzy tunnel"

gilchristr
01-22-2016, 04:18 PM
It doesn't seem like this is applicable, but I for one am very resentful of the loss of dodge DS from encumbrance (conversley you dont lose shield DS from encumbrance). This is true for training in dodge, and spells that add dodge ranks.

Well resentful is an overstatement, but "fuck dodge training" isn't a feeling.