PDA

View Full Version : Honey Baked Ham Co.

Brattt8525
11-15-2004, 02:25 PM
I just got back from getting my ham for Thanksgiving. This Company has the BESTEST ham in the world. It is pricey but well worth it.

Between this ham, and my deep fried turkey I am sure friends and family will be very happy!

Wondering if anyone else here has ever gotten one from Honey Baked Ham.

Parkbandit
11-15-2004, 02:32 PM
Love Honey Baked Ham.. but very overpriced.

Brattt8525
11-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Love Honey Baked Ham.. but very overpriced.

$79.00 for a 12.46 pound ham. But my god its good.

Back
11-15-2004, 02:44 PM
Love a good ham, but whats the deep fried turkey all about?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
One of these's years I will cook the famed Turducken

Kuyuk
11-15-2004, 02:49 PM
I'll be cooking and eating vegan this thanksgiving.

K.

Brattt8525
11-15-2004, 02:49 PM
The first t ime I heard about deep fried turkey, I was like ewww oily greasy etc. But I was convinced to try and cook one. I bought a deep fryer that runs off propane and used peanut oil.

I injected it with butter garlic, and then placed in the deep fryer out on the patio. It is by far the best and most tender turkey I have ever eaten. The oil temperature seems to seal in the juices, and it is not oily or greasy as I had thought.

Even the white meat is as juicey as the dark meat. I highly recommend trying it.

Back
11-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
One of these's years I will cook the famed Turducken

My pop makes one of those almost every year. Heavy on the cajun spice. I like the first half of it, but it just gets too heavy for me.

Parkbandit
11-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Indeed. Deep fried turkey > all other forms of turkey.

No contest.

Stunseed
11-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Deep fried turkey is indeed awesome. If you people have a Bono's near your place, their turkey kicks major ass.

DeV
11-15-2004, 02:56 PM
I have to chime in and say deep fried turkeys are mouth watering good. There's something about honey-baked ham that is ravishingly good. Oh... must be the honey.

Kuyuk
11-15-2004, 02:58 PM
I can give you a meatgasm Maim....

K.

Krainar
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
This is becoming off-topic and Derailing, please get back on topic.

Stunseed
11-15-2004, 03:08 PM
Your name sucks.

Krainar
11-15-2004, 03:13 PM
5 Demerits.

Caiylania
11-15-2004, 03:25 PM
:?: Okayyyy.

Anyway, had that ham once and loved it. This Thanksgiving we are going to have so many people over its buy what we can and hope you bring the rest!!

PS: My birthday is on Thanksgiving this year. Go me!

Ylena
11-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Ever tried to do anything with a "real" country ham?

When I moved to Virginia with the ex, we bought a Smithfield ham for Thanksgiving. I dutifully scrubbed all the mold off of it, and soaked it for 48 hours.

Even after everything you're supposed to do to it, it was so salty that it was entirely inedible. And I like salt.

Honeybaked does indeed rock. I love to make bean soup with the bones after.

I figure this Thanksgiving will be taquitos and EQ2.

Adhara
11-15-2004, 03:42 PM
I read about the deep fried turkey and although it does sound tasty it makes me wonder what kind of fryer you all own... Doesn't it take a huge commercial fryer to even hope fitting in a turkey? You can barely fit two breaded chicken breasts in mine.

SpunGirl
11-15-2004, 03:49 PM
When I worked at Forest Highlands in Flagstaff (gated community/golf club), there was a resident who used to airmail 18 honey-baked hams (enough for everyone in the gatehouse) at Christmas. Damn, they were good, but I had to give mine to my parents for storage - not like a college student sharing an apartment with three other people had enough freezer space for a big ass ham.

-K

Brattt8525
11-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Adhara
I read about the deep fried turkey and although it does sound tasty it makes me wonder what kind of fryer you all own... Doesn't it take a huge commercial fryer to even hope fitting in a turkey? You can barely fit two breaded chicken breasts in mine.

I bought mine at Home Depot. It is basically a very tall canning type pot. It sits on a metal base up off the ground. Hook up my grills propane to it and viola'.

Wezas
11-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Ylena
I figure this Thanksgiving will be taquitos and EQ2.

Spoken like a true geek.

Tsunami
11-15-2004, 04:39 PM
I've never had deep fried turkey, but I have had broasted, which is similar. Its a high pressure deep fryer. It does indeed taste spectacular and is extremely juicy, not greasy at all.

Honey baked hams are very good, but yes expensive. My mom makes hers (regular ham, not honey) by roasting it in gingerale (Vernor's). It is awsome, I have yet to meet someone who didn't think so.

11-15-2004, 04:57 PM
God damn deep fried turkey fucking wahoooos.

I need to make this stuff, but everyone in my family is too pussy to make it because they think cooking it causes nuclear explosions. Something about flammability.

4a6c1
11-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Ugh. Thanksgiving. Enough socializing with normal family people to give me a leaky head.

:injured:

Carcinogen Crunchies
11-15-2004, 06:39 PM
You should be able to keep your mouth full of food long enough to avoid most socialization. Then just tell them you ate too much and need to go home and lie down.

That's my strategy, anyhow.

On topic: Honey Baked Ham is wonderful, but it costs so much it feels like I'm eating gold. Deep-fried turkey is the bestest ever.

SpunGirl
11-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by JihnasSpirit
Ugh. Thanksgiving. Enough socializing with normal family people to give me a leaky head.

:injured:

The solution to this is to have a job you love that makes you work on Thanksgiving. Then you can be all, "sorry, unless you wanna pay my bills, I can't come!"

-K

Latrinsorm
11-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Growing your hair long enough to cover your face is an excellent way to avoid talking to people. Or so I've heard. :saint:

SpunGirl
11-15-2004, 06:45 PM
There are enough freaks in my family without me adding to the mix by becoming Cousin-Kristin-Itt;)

-K

Killer Kitten
11-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Mike and I threw a big party this summer for our 20th anniversary. One of the featured dishes was a Honey Baked Ham. Pricey as all hades, but damn it was delicious... and popular. We bought a pretty big one and I didn't have enough left for sandwiches the next day.

My sister in law does the deep fried turkey thing. Also mega delicious.

Kimm

AnticorRifling
11-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Thanksgiving at my mom's is a deep fried turkey. When I go to my dad's for thanksgiving it's homeade lasagna, he got tired of always doing turkey and ham for thanksgiving and christmas so he just does that for christmas and the lasagna for thanksgiving. It rules.

Tsunami
11-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Thanksgiving at my mom's is a deep fried turkey. When I go to my dad's for thanksgiving it's homeade lasagna, he got tired of always doing turkey and ham for thanksgiving and christmas so he just does that for christmas and the lasagna for thanksgiving. It rules.

We do that as well when my siblings and I get together. Lasagna, cabbage rolls, mexican, prime rib....anything but the traditional. We all have spouses, and some of them have split families, and then theres work parties....too many turkey/ham dinners to count.