PDA

View Full Version : Have a fucked up item from Ebons? Post it here!

LordWarclaidhm
10-30-2004, 03:28 AM
I noticed there have been alot of screwed up items (bugs) in the base descriptions of items at this ebons. It seems like GMs tried to get it together so fast they apparently made a ton of mistakes. Here is a prime example:

You tap a mithril claidhmore.
>rub claidh
You rub a mithril claidhmore.
>look claidh
a gore covered mithril claidhmore with a gut wrapped hilt (Edit: Notice the no period periods after hilt)

From my perspective when someone else SHOWS it to me:
Some_Person_X shows you a mithril claidhmore, which he is holding in his right hand. a gore covered mithril claidhmore with a gut wrapped hilt

--

Here's another f'd up item:
(NOTE: Read carefully, you might miss it!)

>inspect sword
You carefully inspect a heavy-bladed etched glaes short sword.

After a careful inspection you determine that a heavy-bladed etched glaes short sword requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>tap sword
You tap a heavy-bladed etched glaes sword.

Heh.

[Edited on 10-30-2004 by LordWarclaidhm]

LordWarclaidhm
10-30-2004, 03:34 AM
Crap, sorry folks. I mean't to post this in General GS.

LordWarclaidhm
10-30-2004, 03:35 AM
Could a moderator please move it to a more appropriate subject? Like General Gemstone?

Thanks..again.

HarmNone
10-30-2004, 03:46 AM
I think it's fine here, Warclaidhm. It's a complaint about GemStone, after all. ;)

HarmNone
10-30-2004, 03:51 AM
The second instance you mention may be as intended. When you "inspect" something, you'd be looking closely at it and be more likely to notice it's a short sword. Just glancing at it, or someone else glancing at it, would probably just elicit the realization that it is, in fact, a sword.

That's not saying it's not an error. I really don't know. However, the messaging does make sense to me from the perspective I've given.